Start by marking “The Heat is On (Out of Uniform #6)” as Want to Read:
The Heat is On (Out of Uniform #6)

The Heat is On (Out of Uniform #6)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  2,072 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews

It’s all about the thrill...

Out of Uniform, Book 6

As a Navy SEAL, Matt O’Connor specializes in Bad Boy. At least, that’s what he thinks…until he finds himself face down on the floor during a bank robbery, arguing with a sexy, bad-girl blonde who wields her sharp tongue with surgical precision.

Just like that, Matt begins to wonder if maybe the idea of settling down with

Published April 5th 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Heat is On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heat is On

Auntee
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of erotic stories featuring Navy SEALs
Probably my least favorite entry of a pretty enjoyable series, but only because of the "slutty" heroine. I know, I know, a slutty hero I can take, but I have different standards for my heroines.:)

Anyhow, our Navy SEAL hero (southern 'gentleman' Matt O'Connor) and our heroine (buxom blonde flower shop owner Savannah) meet in an unusual way. They're involved in a bank robbery when a trio of inept criminals hold up the local Savings and Loan. Savannah and Matt are down on the bank floor, trading qu
Snow
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

ah,
same ol', same ol'

it was okay I guess, and still I kinda didn't like the female character, even though she was acting just like the men do...and fuck yeah, I'm all for the sexual liberation of women, and that's absolutely fine solid matter on its own...BUT here, cause this is a short story, there was NO substance again, and I felt nothing positive or encouraging in her actions...
weird, I know...since she's showing the exact moves as her "manwhore" seal does, who NOW wants to have a solid rel
Ruth
This was a very pleasant little read. I've not read any of the others in the series, but it really didn't matter. I liked the hero, I liked the heroine, I liked the theme of committment-phobia, and I loved the way it's written. I couldn't really buy the menage bit, but I'm just highly suspicious of menages anyway, so it's not that it's badly written, or irrelevant. It's just not my thing.

The hero and the heroine are essentially young, free, single and loving it. They please themselves, but don't
Wendy
Matt O'Connor is single and has more women hanging off his jock, than he knows what do with them. Until Savannah. Savannah's sassy, knows what she wants and is not afraid to ask for it. Can Matt rein in this bombshell, that has him acting like a lovesick, tongue tied teenager?

This is a fun hot little sizzler of a read! Nice!
Alex is The Romance Fox
What is it about these SEAL men that just luv threesomes……okay, they do it one time and then realize that no, it’s a onetime thing…because….they really just want to be with the one person they love!!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess they do it one time just to check it out….right!!!!! Of course there have been one or two exceptions…..like Carson & Holly and Becker &

I wasn’t really crazy about Matt in the previous stories…..but I hoped I would kind of warm up to him. I am sorry to say that I didn’t….
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
Its more or like the other one. A hot read. A threesome once, before getting back with the one you like. But I like Matt, how he stammered and always saying something that embarrass him. It was kind of cute. Well, until Savannah. It was great, she's a take charge woman who knows what she likes but at the last part, where she's the one who instigated the threesome hoping for Matt to go home running, I think that was lame.

But the firsts, it was cute.
Nstefa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ✨ stars !! I must say that these short stories are quite awesome you connect with the characters and also the storyline without being bored
Rose May
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: c-minus
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

Book 6 in the Out of Uniform Series

KINKS: Threesomes (two guys and a gal), Anal

As usual (though I wouldn’t say always) with short, sexy novellas they could use those extra twenty pages. This book had all the sexy flavor it needed: sugar and spice and everything naughty galore. Unfortunately the romance between our hero, Matt O’Connor, and our heroine, Savannah Harte, was
Judi
The action starts out fast and furious (mmmm I sense a movie title in there somewhere), a bank robbery in progress, people cowering on the floor, lives being threatened by the likes of Hook Nose, Black Hair and Red Shoes. Not exactly the place to be scoping out your next potential date, but it’s hard for Matt O’Connor to resist the beautiful blonde lying on the floor next to him as they share a snarky, running commentary on the ineptitude of the idiots robbing the bank.

With the crisis averted, M
Exina
Well, seems like all in the stories of the Out of Uniform series are the same when it comes to plot, so I think it depends on the characters whether I like the story or not.

Matt and Savannah are alike in many ways.

Matt is a commitment-phobic, while Savannah is addicted to the thrill of the firsts: first kiss, first sex.
She lived for the thrill of first kisses and whirlwind romances, and once any hint of comfortable domesticity entered the equation, Savannah Harte was outta there. No thank you.
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Devon's Pair (Powertools, #4)
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Fatal Heat
1935000
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just
More about Elle Kennedy...

Out of Uniform (10 books)
  • Heat of the Moment (Out of Uniform, #1)
  • Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Heat of the Storm (Out of Uniform, #3)
  • Heat It Up (Out of Uniform, #4)
  • Heat of the Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Feeling Hot (Out of Uniform, #7)
  • Getting Hotter (Out of Uniform, #8)
  • Hotter Than Ever (Out of Uniform, #9)
  • As Hot as It Gets (Out of Uniform #10)