Start by marking “Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)” as Want to Read:
Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)

Lothaire

(Immortals After Dark #11)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  37,709 ratings  ·  2,419 reviews
Number-one New York Times best-selling author Kresley Cole continues her electrifying Immortals After Dark series with this thrilling tale, revealing secrets of the Lore, fierce realm of the immortals....

All fear the enemy of old.

Driven by his insatiable need for revenge, Lothaire, the Lore’s most ruthless vampire, plots to seize the Horde’s crown. But bloodlust and tortur
Published January 10th 2012 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Lothaire, please sign up.
Kamen Stefanivich was not frozen into immortality when he sired Lothaire. In fact Ivana makes the comment,

“I knew I only had so long with him before his…more

“I knew I only had so long with him before his heart stopped its beating. Now I question whether he has a heart at all.”

He wasn't king because he was the most powerful, he was king because of his bloodline. If it was up to being the most powerful Lothaire would most likely already control the Horde. I hope you found this helpful :)(less)
Liz If it helps, I just read this book without reading any of the other books and still enjoyed it. I'm sure there's a lot of relationships &…moreIf it helps, I just read this book without reading any of the other books and still enjoyed it. I'm sure there's a lot of relationships & background information I would have better appreciated if I'd read the rest of the series, but it was still a good read.(less)

·  37,709 ratings  ·  2,419 reviews

♡Karlyn P♡
Oct 20th, re-reading... Loooooove Lothaire!! Such a fun book.
------------------
Loved it! I mean, Who the HELL decided to pair the zillionaire wealthy and half-mad evil vampire Lothaire -- complete with a wicked dry sense of humor and a snobby God-like complex -- with a dirt-poor, barefooted, Appalachian hillbilly girl who is possessed by an evil Goddess, lives in a broken down trailer with her redneck family, and enjoys ‘parking’ for some good ol’ dry humping action?!

Hoooooey!! Hands out to K
Katie(babs)
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
There are only a few select authors I consider to be like crack with their series. JR Ward is my #1 crack. Kresley Cole comes in a very close second. Kresley’s Immortals after Dark series is very addicting and she writes characters who walk a very fine line in regards to morals. Her heroes and heroine are fierce warriors who will fight to the death to survive or get what they feel they. The majority of these supernatural characters are close to losing their minds because they've been alive for s ...more
Auntee
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Paranormal romance fans
What did I think? What did I think?...
I think this book is fantastic! Hands down the most erotic of the whole fabulous series, and one of the hardest to put down. I stayed up until 3:00am to finish this one...and then I was so keyed up I couldn't fall asleep! And it's days later and I'm still thinking about it...and rereading it.:)

No synopsis here, except to say this in the vampire Lothaire's story, the "Enemy of Old", the guy who's been in just about every book of the whole IAD series; the bad
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love Kresley Cole’s writing. She has created such an amazing world in her Immortals after Dark series, filled with incredible characters that are beyond imagine and totally engaging and somehow…dare I say real!!!

If you've read the other books in the series, you will have met Lothaire before – he has a habit of making a lot of unexpected appearances in the Immortals universe.
Now, we finally get his story and what a fangbulous one it is.

After all his adventures and misadventures in the past, he
Sammy Loves Books
Ahhhh... Lothaire
I'm not sure how to rate you...you sexy, mega alpha, fucked up, know it all, maniacal, narcissistic bastard!!

description

I have waited so long for Lothaire's book. What kind of woman would Kressley Cole put him with? The trend has been to fall for the enemy of your species, so I was beyond happy that Lothaire's mate was not a Valkyrie. But the poor girl was a young, innocent human. Fate is so cruel. Lothaire couldn't possibly be mated to a vulnerable human. He has far too many enemies!!

Loth
Sophia Triad
Lothaire Daciano (Half Dacian/half Horde Vampire prince) and Elizabeth Peirce ('insignificant' human)

"How do you know it's not me who's... blooded you?"
A muscle ticked in his jaw. "Because fate would not slight me so unspeakably. I'd seek a noon-day sun if I were paired with one such as you."
"Such as me," she repeated blandly...
"Yes, you. An ignorant, mortal Kmart chechout girl."

The majority of the story was a long delightful misunderstanding
...and lots and lots of makeup sex.

"I'm not falling in
Wicked Incognito Now
I hate when I finish reading a book right before I go to bed, because then I wake up sometime in the night and can't stop re-hashing the book. So now I'm up at 4am specifically to write this review. As I was lying in bed, I came up with many items to point out. Too bad I didn't have someone to dictate to, because I was really on a role there.

First of all I should point out that I've really loved this series. I've been a loyal pre-ordering fan. Kresley Cole has mad skills. She is an expert at jug
Mel
May 19, 2011 rated it liked it
(3,5 stars)
This book was entertaining (hey: it's Cole!) but compared to her earlier work it was just okay. It had some definite 5 star moments (Lothaire's sarcasm for one) but overall the general plot line wasn't great and it just went on and on. I also stick to my guns: Lothaire should have been with Nix.
In full:

The good:
Lothaire. Oh what a wonderful hero (and I use this term loosely) he is. Super powerful, super knowing and super cynical. Not a shred of modesty in that vampire and when you r
P
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

Lothaire is the longest book of this series, but I spent just one day savoring it. Lothaire is ruthless, wicked and intolerably cocky. He was introduced to us since the first book, and I couldn't imagine the woman who will end up with him then. So in this book, we get a chance to explore more of him. We've seen his dark side and how he's in a mission that we didn't know until this book. He's sure up to something.

“I never knew I could hat
Kristen
5 Huge, Mega, Gigantic Stars!

description

I loved this book! It was just as good as I hoped it would be. Lothaire is a true antihero but he's a perfect one!

Review to come.
Audrey
FYI, pretty much spoiler-free, I think.

3+/3.5 stars overall. I'll be completely honest; I'm a little underwhelmed. I liked it...for the most part. There were parts I really liked, parts I didn't particularly like, and parts with which I was definitely squeamish/uncomfortable. This is a hard one for me to evaluate because I had been looking forward to it for QUITE some time (uh, check when I originally shelved this book - back in MAY 2011). Much like that feeling you get when you've planned a vac
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I just want to give a big middle finger to the person who designed the cover for Lothaire. It's completely YOUR fault that I was unable to picture Lothaire as attractive.

Because of that cover, I couldn't get a certain Russian vampire from some other "random" franchise out of my head. Surely, someone else must see the similarity?

Nothing sucks harder than having the wrong image of a male lead in your head.

I really wanted to do my usual Fetish Cafe review but I'm so thrown off that I'm struggling
Mizuki
Edited@23/02/2019:

I just need to pimp my freshly made Lothaire/Elizabeth fanart here, so bear with me, dear readers:

(Link: https://www.deviantart.com/darkchildr...)

Original short review written in 2013: I had spent the better parts of my night chowing through this book, but now I'm freaking giving up at page 349.

After the worthy opening with Lothaire's painful (but cliched) past and Ellie's demon possession, everything just goes straight to hell, damn it!

Although I like vampires being evil a
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Listened to audiobook between 1/2019 and 3/2019. Robert Petkoff is an excellent audiobook narrator. He's great at accents and equally skilled at portraying male and female characters. He made each personality distinctive. This is still one of my all time favorites in the series.

Previous Review Below
-----------

I loved this book! This was worth waiting for, even though it was a long wait for it to come out in paperback. I can say that the hours spent reading it were truly enjoyable. It's true that
D.G.
Lothaire's review in two songs.

Part I - THE CHARACTER (Lothaire)

Sing to the music of Sexy and I know it by LMFAO.

♪♫♬
I'm evil and I love it
I'm evil and I love it

When I'm at Val Hall, the Valkyries want to kill me all
But they can't beat me, they're not even on my league, (what?)
I'm the Enemy of Old, I've betrayed half the Lore
No matter who they are, I make them nervous
No Lykae, no Demon, no Lorian, don't compare us (watch)

Ah...Just look at that body
Ah...Just look at that face
Ah...Just look at th
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Lothaire the Enemy of Old possess an insatiable need for revenge against the Horde. After being cast out along with his Dacian mother by his father and King of the Horde vampires, Stefanovich, Lothaire vows to his mother that he will slay his father and become king one day. His plans include uniting the Dacian and Horde kingdoms together. This is his endgame, his raison d’etre.

That is until Elizabeth Pierce stumbles upon his life. Ellie, as she is most often called in
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Holy Hillbilly Fun!!!!

Spoilers

Where do I start with this book

Lothaire:
 photo LOTHAIRE-2copy_zpsee299098.jpg

One minute I wanted him the next I wanted to beat the crap outta him. I really liked that He stayed true to his character. In the first part of the book I could not stand him, but I did understand why he was the way he was. My God the first part with his mother so heartbreaking. He so redeemed himself it just took awhile for this bad boy to learn to love!

“His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I have a confession to make. I didn't think this book would live up to my expectations, secretly, I started reading this expecting it to disappoint me. How could it not? Lothaire the Enemy of Old has been in these books from the beginning, we have had 11 books building his character up, making us adore and worship him despite the fact that he is undeniably evil and insane and would happily murder all our other favourite characters. Yet still we long for a happy ending for him, Kresley Cole has u ...more
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Lothaire (Immortals after Dark, #12: 5 Star read that doesn't fail to deliver an amazing read

General Thoughts: I love this series beyond reason. How is it that every freaking book manages to get better and better. I have no clue. Hopefully you are in the process of reading this book or reading the series because I can't help but feel like its one of the best ones out there. I never read paranormal romance until I stumbled across this series and it was the best stumble I've ever had. People think
Karla

5 Brilliant Stars for the delicious Lothaire! No one writes paranormal romance like Kresley Cole...she is #1 in my book!!

Picture Eric Northman from True Blood dating Ellie Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies, and you have Lothaire!!

The pairing of Lothaire and Elizabeth was nothing short of brilliant. My initial hope was that Nix was meant for Lothaire, being that they are the two oldest creatures that still exist in the world of The Lore. My thinking can’t hold a candle to the wisdom and
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Hello my friends. I’m here to pay tribute to one of the most important characters from the series Immortals After Dark. He’s one of the meanest, cruelest, arrogant, controlling, sadistic, insulting, jealous, possessive, psychotic, bloody, black-clawed characters out there. Let’s hear it for the one, the only, the Enemy of Old, Lothaire!

*Tchaikovsky’s ”Dance of the Mirlitons” playing in the background*

[image error]

Yes Lothaire. I’ve depleted all my wall-punching gifs for you. Because you’re
~IreneOust~
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I can't ... I mean I CAN NOT express the amount of love I feel for this series! I am talking BURSTING with FEELS! From appreciation for the author and her ability to deliver the most unique story-line/couple/conflict with each and every book to falling in love with anti-hero you have no business of falling in love with. From rooting for THE most kick ass female leads to laughing your butt off at all kinds of pop-culture references. From shedding a tear [or several] when your heart aches for thes
Aly is so frigging bored
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone! And I do mean everyone[but only after they've read the series]!
3rd read: August 2014
Still really love this book :)

2nd Read: April 2012

1st read: January 2012
I just finished the book and know that whatever review I could write won't do it justice. It was spectacular! One thing that I loved, among many others that is, is that KC hasn't changed Lothaire or tried to mellow him or make him seem more... normal. He is as cray-cray as he's ever been and as ruthless, but we do see his charming side[yes, he has one:D] and the very, extremely arrogant one.

That being s
Laura the Highland Hussy
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing

review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

The beginning of this book sucks you in, it traps you, and it doesn’t let you go. By the time you finish, you realize the whole day has passed, and you haven’t fed your children or husband, or even grabbed a coffee. Just me? I didn’t think so.

I wasn’t sure how much I’d like Lothaire as a hero, I mean he has had his moments, but always with a price. We find out why he’s been hoarding these “favors” owed to him. And we find out just how much he’s willing to g
valee
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

Shit, this book just didn't allow me to go out with my friends (even though it's friday night and I have been craving for a little free time since monday) nor do ANYTHING else, for a matter of fact. I just COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN! It has been ages since I was THIS fixated with a book. I can't even remember the last time I added a book to my favs list. I always adored this series and I definitely can say it is one of the best in the paranormal-
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

The hype vis-à-vis LOTHAIRE’s story has been gradually building with every IMMORTALS AFTER DARK installment, and albeit three years later, I now understand why all of my fellow bloggers were fan-girling it up over the Enemy of Old. Most authors hold back when developing their anti-heroes because there’s a thin line between Bad Boy and a-hole, but not Kresley Cole, she went full-on bastard, and I absolutely loved her for it!

Every addition to this series brings with it its
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
R.L. Mathewson
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The first thing I want to say about this book is that I love how Kresley Cole didn't weaken Lothaire to fit a role. She also took the time to build him up, making it difficult to hate him. She also picked the perfect woman for him, a strong capable woman who refused to back down. The wit was wonderful and the made the story more enjoyable. I'm already planning to read this book again in the near future. Without a doubt the best book in the series so far.
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have been highly anticipating Lothaire for some time now, especially after seeing a lot of him in the previous book, Dreams of a Dark Warrior. Lothaire, the Enemy of Old, an extremely old and feared vampire who is set upon revenge. As the bastard child of the King of the Horde, Stefanovich, he promised his Dacian vampire mother before she was tortured and killed that he would slay Stefanovich so the Horde will ultimately swear fealty to Lothaire. He then plans to unite the Dacian and Horde kin ...more
Zeek
Sad to say this one was not a 5 star for me as many of her others in this series were. In fact, I vacillate between just thinking it was okay to liking it to really liking it because the parts I liked? I really liked!

Let me synop it a bit then give you my reasons why.

Lothaire, the ancient vampire known as The Enemy of Old, has an endgame...vengeance upon his paternity who so betrayed his mother a thousand yrs ago. He’ll use any piece on the chessboard his master of a mind can get his hands on to
Immortals After Dark: Lothaire (Book #12) 10 107 Aug 11, 2016 07:30AM
What did you think of this story? 98 317 Oct 11, 2015 11:58PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please create an ACE 2 20 Sep 19, 2015 02:48PM
Immortals After Dark: Lothaire (Book#12) 484 469 Sep 07, 2015 11:37AM
Kristoff and Nix? 1 64 Aug 31, 2015 05:28PM
Immortals After Dark: How to do Lothaire? Thronos? Rydstrom? 11 130 Feb 16, 2015 04:08AM
Under the Covers: Book 11: Lothaire- 14 July - 23 July 15 38 Aug 28, 2014 10:35PM

• Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3; Immortals After Dark #1)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #10)
“His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm fucking Rumpelstiltskin? What would Lothaire do with countless squalling babes? Raise them in a kennel?” 334 likes
“As Lothaire lifted the lid with a sense of dread, Nïx murmured, “Hint: it’s the middle one.”
Elizabeth’s fragile finger.Seeing it severed like this brought on a visceral reaction—pain shooting through his own hand, radiating throughout his regenerated heart. He closed the lid with a swallow, sentimentally pocketing the package.
“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”
290 likes