Start by marking “Deliciously Sinful” as Want to Read:
Deliciously Sinful

Deliciously Sinful

Things are cooking in the kitchen...and the bedroom.

Restaurant owner Phoebe Mayle thought she had it all under control. Sure, her new chef has a bad-boy reputation - and a chiseled body to match - but she's positive she can whip him into shape.

But from the moment Nick Avalon roars into town in his Hummer, he makes her whole world sizzle. Now Phoebe
Published December 1st 2011 by Forever (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deliciously Sinful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deliciously Sinful

Desperado
ARC provided by Forever and Netgalley.

Deliciously Sinful is my second read by Lilli Feisty, the first being Bound to Please. I enjoyed Bound to Please but wasn’t in love with it like so many of my friends were. When I came across this ARC at Netgalley.com, I was hoping that DS would be the book to wow me. Unfortunately, it fell short.

I’m going to get straight to the nitty gritty: my biggest and only problem with this book were the hero and heroine, Phoebe and Nick. On the surface, Phoebe is an intelligent, conf
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Out of all the days in her life,the one day she wished she could take back was the day Nick Avalon drove into her town.

Phoebe Mayle has just inherited her late aunt and uncle's gourmet, organic cafe'. Phoebe is no stranger to the skill and effort it takes to run such a unique business; she owns an organic produce farm herself. However, her skills are seriously lacking in the culinary arts area and she's desperate to find an excellent chef who cannot only handle the delicate ingredients to ru
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
What happens when a bad-boy chief and a good-girl restaurant owner come together? A whole lot of delicious naughtiness heating up the kitchen!

After the passing of her aunt and uncle, Phoebe Mayle takes of the family business; an organic café, which has received the best reviews and even won first place ribbons for their brownies at the local festival ten years running. Determined to carry on the tradition while running her own organic farming business at the same time, Phoebe hires a talented c
Amy
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ppb

I never think of strawberries without thinking of Lilli Feisty's sexy musician, Mark St. Crow and now I will never be able to eat an orange or drink tequila without thinking of her exasperating sexy Brit, Nick Avalon.

I was disappointed that we did not learn more of Nick's past but Deliciously Sinful definitely succeeded in satisfying me with an overdue "Feisty fix"!

Jen
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this story!
I actually gave my husband a 2 hour massage yesterday so I could keep reading this story instead of cleaning! HA!

This book was smoking! Phoebe was now the owner of 2 companies, her organic veggie farm and now her aunt and uncles restaurant. When they passed away, they left it to her. The only problem was, she couldn't cook. She tried - in fact, she tried over and over and over again to make the brownies her aunt always entered in the town's cook off, and won every year for 10
Kerste
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
One star. It's hard for me to give an author I have loved one star, but really I did not like this book. It was a total chore to finish it, but I did.

It may be a perfectly good book for someone else, but it was so wholly disappointing to me, I practically had to make myself continue reading. Every time I looked at my Kindle, I nearly found something else to do instead of read. So sad.

This book has reasonably good characters and it is a reasonably good story. But I just found it to b
Mary Gramlich
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
How complicated can simple be?

Phoebe has taken on the family restaurant knowing it was going to push her over the limit of her capabilities. She makes a great decision to sign on Nick even though he is a hotshot chef from Los Angeles. He may not fit in but he is a great chef so maybe he can blend in and no one will notice. After Phoebe meets him, she knows that his British accent is the least of her problems.

These two argue over menus, conduct screaming matches over the p
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Nick is a conceited chef from L.A. who has come to northern California, reluctantly, for a hiatus from his fast life after losing a job. Phoebe is a control freak and wants to run her late aunt and uncle's cafe well and prove herself. Their personalities clash, he has an attitude problem, but there is also a sexual tension that sizzles between the two of them. He gets slowly used to this new life, things around Phoebe change but for the best, love blossoms, and oranges get a new use. Great read! ...more
Kati
***original review posted at Romancing Rakes***

Fill your tub up with ice cubes, sit in it and read this book! Good gracious, holy 9 1/2 Weeks spoon feeding scene Batman! Wow, wow, wow! Jamie from For the Love of Romance was not kidding about Lilli Feisty being a must read author.

Where can I get my own Nick Avalon? Heck, I'd settle for any gorgeous yellow Hummer driving, the Le Cordon Bleu graduate, chocolate pudding making, banana flambeing, oyster gathering, orange peeling, dark haired, bl
Nicole
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/12/16/...

Publisher: Grand Central
Publish Date: Out Now
How I got this book: NetGalley

I was really looking forward to this, especially since I’ve enjoy Fiesty’s work in the past, however this book did not work for me. At all…..

Phoebe has inherited her aunt and uncle’s small local cafe, and while she is the best organic farmer around, she can’t cook well enough to keep the cafe successful. She goes out on a limb and hires chef bad-b
JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
Whisk, chocolate pudding and oranges oh my... This book was just that Deliciously Sinful.

I enjoyed the Heroine and Hero and reading if they were ever going to have their HEA.

Nick the hero lives the life of fine restaurants, fancy parties and beautiful woman in LA. He does not plan on staying in this small town he moved to, only took this job as a chef because he only has a visa to work in CA. If he worked in a diner as a chef in LA or San Francisco people would know him
Christie
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
"Out of all the women in all the world, he had to go and slather chocolate on this one."

Holy hotness, Batman! Deliciously Sinful almost started a five-alarm fire in my living room. Wowzers! I've become a bit of a romance junkie since starting my blog, but erotic romance isn't something I've read much of. After experiencing Lilli Feisty's, Deliciously Sinful, I have to ask myself why that is. I totally loved this story!

Nick is a badass chef from L.A. After getting wrapped up in a sca
Cocktails and Books
Aug 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
Reviewed by Carin for Cocktails and Books

Phoebe Mayle was content with her life as an owner of an organic farm, she enjoyed living in the small Northern California town of Redbolt. Things started to get overwhelming when her aunt and uncle passed away and left her the family owned, award winning, vegan cafe. She struggles with the idea of bringing in a non family member to be the chef but Phoebe can't cook. After a phone interview with one of the hottest (in more ways than one)
MARQUETTA
May 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Nick Avalon has pissed off one person too many and now the bad boy of the culinary world is cooling his heels in Redbolt, California. Phoebe is trying to continue her Aunt and Uncle's legacy at their vegan cafe but is having problems juggling her own organic farm business and working at the cafe. She realizes she needs help and hires Nick. Phoebe knows all about Nicks reputation but hopes that his culinary expertise will outweigh his bad rep.

Deliciously Sinful was a good read but did
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

I surprisingly enjoyed this book a lot. I thought it would be good, but I was a little unsure by how much, and so I’m glad I really liked it.

I loved the attraction between Phoebe and Nick. The progression was nicely paced, it was apparent and very believable. They fought it a little too much at times, but they still fell into it really easily, and it was nice and intense at times. They were really good together, Phoebe had a frust
Arec Rain
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wait….it’s over? Where are the amazing chapter long sex scenes that make even me blush? Where is all the scenes detailed down what underwear she is wearing? I love me some Lilli Feisty but this novel just lacked the fire and erotica that the other two did.

One of the reasons Lilli Feisty is my favorite is because she writes erotica that’s outside the norm (considering they classify her novels as just romance instead of erotica.) Very rarely have I run across a book in the romance sect
Cecilia
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Phoebe cannot cook for the life of her, so imagine her dismay when she inherits her aunt and uncle’s small award-winning café after their deaths. In lieu of her culinary shortcomings, she makes the executive decision to hire Nick Avalon to rescue the café from failure. Phoebe braces herself for arguing with the hotshot LA chef on menu offerings, but she fails to shield her heart against the absolute hotness of her latest employee. Will Phoebe be able to endure the sizzle of Nick’s eyes, or will ...more
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5
This review is also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

Bad boy and hot chef, Nick Avalon was casted out of Los Angeles and forced to take a job in the hippie town of RedBolt but has plans to leave as soon as he is able. Little did he know that this small hippie town has more to offer in comparison to his old life under all the fame, women and booze.

Phoebe Mayle, a Ms. Know-it-all cafe manager, hires Nick and shows him just how much the town has to offer. And little did
Trish
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Since reading Louisa Edwards books about the sexy world of Chefs, I find myself HOOKED. But DELICIOUSLY SINFUL fell short of the mark for me.

Nick Avalon is a conceited Chef who thinks he is all that and then some. He arrives in ta small town in Northern California with a huge chip on his shoulder and a major attitude that I found somewhat annoying. I will admit that I love falling for the bad-boy in romance books, but I didn't find Nick appealing at all. There was no charm, nothing that pulled
Pamela
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for NetGalley

Phoebe Mayle has recently come inherited her family's business. She is thrilled because it means a lot to her. She knows all about organic foods and can even run the business side of things, but she does not know the first thing about cooking. Phoebe has never been a good cook, and that is where hot chef, Nick Avalon, comes into the picture. After she hears he has been fired from his job and is desperate for a new one, Phoebe seizes the opportunity to hire him.
April
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
DELICIOUSLY SINFUL by Lilli Feisty it is an interesting contemporary romance set in present day Redbolt, California.It is well written with depth and details. The characters will keep you turning pages. It is the story of restaurant owner Phoebe Mayle and Nick Avalon,her new bad-boy chef. It has sizzling cooking,sizzling sex,a bad-boy's image,hot and cold feelings. This is a story that will have you heating up the pages.A hot,sinfully satisfying,with scorching hot characters read. "Deliciously S ...more
drey
Dec 25, 2011 rated it liked it
drey’s thoughts:
Have you read Lilli Feisty’s books? If not, prepare yourself… Her stories and her characters are so hot and sexy, they should come with a “combustible!” warning… And Deliciously Sinful totally fits that mold.

The story took a while to unfold (not counting the chocolate-in-the-kitchen scene), and these two seem to come to blows just about every time they are on the same pages. But the attraction sizzles, and the dialog is delicious.

It took me a while t
Beverly Diehl
It ain't Calgon that's whisking her away.

Phoebe's something of a control freak, who's inherited a small-town organic cafe. She's an incredible organic farmer, but cooking the stuff? No. She can't even make the family brownies.

She hires an edgey, bad-boy chef from Los Angeles, and Nick CAN cook, not to mention use chocolate and oranges quite inventively. Nick doesn't want to live along the bumpkins, BUT as time goes own, is scared witless by how much he's enjoying small-to
Ada
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5/5

This was a pretty decent book. Had some great moments and had some really bad moments. For the most part, I did enjoy it - Phoebe and Nick are completely different people. She's a small town "bumpkin" and he's a hotshot, British chef. I liked the interactions between the characters but found some of the banter quite juvenile. It's like Phoebe, a mature woman of 32, was stuck in a high school mentality while Nick just played the part of an adolescent because he had to keep up his
Ashley
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Lilli Feisty. I think of her as a local girl since I'm from Northern California. Her books (the print ones at least) always take place in Nor Cal and I love how she captures the landscape and the people with her words.

This book offers complex (though at times frustrating) main characters who are likable and well thought out. I also really liked all the secondary characters in this book. The dialogue is quick and fun. The sex is hot, but I think that there is a lot less of it t
Holly
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was really disappointed that this book was just ok for me. I absolutely loved Bound to Please and Dare to Surrender so I am stunned that this one didn't do it for me. I really didn't like either of the main characters, they got on my nerves. Now, that said there were some very yummy sex scenes, I can definitely say I will never eat and orange or look at wisk the same ever again!
Gaby
Nov 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Deliciously Sinful is a fun contemporary romance. We have Phoebe Mayle, a high strung entrepreneur who is trying to manage her family business. She is surprised by how much her new chef rubs her the wrong way.. It turns out underneath all the antagonism is a deep attraction between the two. The uncertainty, the arguing, their slow capitulation makes for fun reading. If you're looking for a light, fun, and hot romance, I recommend Deliciously Sinful.
Jill Wilson
Nov 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I am a big fan of Lilli Feisty. I absolutely enjoyed Bound to Please and Dare to Surrender. LOVED them!!!! But I didn't love this one. Phoebe in all honesty got on my nerves. It drives me a little crazy when the heroine is so controlling and fights everything and everyone. It makes it hard for me to enjoy the story. I am not hating on Lilli Feisty just my opinion. I do look forward to anything she writes.
Nursejodi36
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this book after reading Lilli Feisty's Dare to Surrender and Bound to Please. This story is very different than the other two. It felt as if a completely different author wrote this book. The scorching scenes in her other wonderful books were both abbreviated and lacking this one. This one was just awkward. :/
Monica
Apr 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
This book was sadly a DNF. I gave it a long run too. I think that was over the top, she was just unbelievable to me. Nick was also over the top. They each had strong personalities but they just...were too much for me. The sensual scenes in this book were SMOKING HOT! I will say that. VERY VERY VERY HOT!

• Her Christmas Pleasure (The Merry Widows #2)
  • A Novel Seduction
  • The Price of Temptation
  • Silver Sparks (Barringer's Pass #1)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • Her Dark Knight
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight, #1)
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady, #3)
  • Forever and a Day (The Rumor, #1)
  • Secrets of an Accidental Duchess (Donovan Sisters, #2)
  • A Season for Sin (The Sinful Scoundrels #0.5)
  • Sex, Lies and Midnight (Undercover Operatives, #2)
  • The Making of a Gentleman (The Sons of the Revolution, #2)
  • Secret of the Wolf (Warriors of the Rift, #2)
  • Where There's Smoke (Good Girl Series, #1)