Start by marking “Resgate de Erak (Rangers - Ordem dos Arqueiros #7)” as Want to Read:
Resgate de Erak (Rangers - Ordem dos Arqueiros #7)

Resgate de Erak (Ranger's Apprentice #7)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  42,862 Ratings  ·  1,314 Reviews
Quando Erak, o oberjarl da Escandinávia, decide liderar seus homens em um saque à pequena cidade mercantil de Al Shabah, ele não imagina o desfecho dessa empreitada. Depois de uma invasão surpreendentemente fácil, o líder escandinavo acaba prisioneiro de um grupo de guerreiros do povo arridi. Svengal, homem de confiança do escandinavo, pede ajuda aos araluenses. Por conta ...more
Published December 2010 by Fundamento (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Resgate de Erak, please sign up.
Jenna Just give her some time. She was totally a handful in the beginning, I agree, but she is essential to the book and I warmed up to her. Don't skip the…moreJust give her some time. She was totally a handful in the beginning, I agree, but she is essential to the book and I warmed up to her. Don't skip the book because of her! :D(less)
Juny Actually in an authors note, John Flanagan was almost done with book 6 when he realized that he left out an important part in Will'l life, ooops....…moreActually in an authors note, John Flanagan was almost done with book 6 when he realized that he left out an important part in Will'l life, ooops.... anyways he had already started on this adventure, sooo.... that my friend is why he went back in time :) (less)

Ahmad Sharabiani
Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, #7), John Flanagan
Erak's Ransom is the seventh novel in the continuing Ranger's Apprentice series by Australian author John Flanagan. The book was released in Australia on 1 November 2007 and in the United States on 5 January 2010. Erak's Ransom is set between book 4: Oakleaf Bearers and book 5: The Sorcerer of the North.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: سی ام ماه دسامبر سال 2015 میلادی
عنوان: آزادی ایراک - جنگاوران جوان کتاب هفتم؛ نویسنده: جان فلنگان؛ مترجم: فائزه اثناعشری؛
Chichipio
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
It would have worked great as a fifth book. As a seventh, however, loses major points.

First, you have to get over the fact that you won't get to know what happens after the end of book six for a while longer.

Then, once you start warming up to this story, you realize that there's no sense of urgency to it. It's not because any fault with the writing, but because you already know how things are going to turn up for the characters.

For example, at Tug's disappearance, nobody could have any doubts t
Thais
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book in the series that I was disappointed in. If it had been placed in it's proper sequence according to the timeline of the other books, it would be read before book 5. Flanagan goes back in time to tell a story before Will becomes a full fledged Ranger. If it had been placed before book 5, I wouldn't have been disappointed. However, I felt that there were certain elements that would have been referred to in book 5 and 6 that couldn't because this book hadn't been written ye ...more
Kathleen
One of the best in the series, set in Arabian lands called Arridin and reminiscent at times of the movie Hidalgo. It's quite heartwarming, yet also heartbreaking. Lots of action, some battle scenes with clever tactics, etc.

This book features some poignant horse scenes (Tug, Arrow, etc.). Main characters are Will, Halt, Gilan, Horace, Princess Cassandra, Erak and Svengal the Skandians, Setheren the Arridin leader (the Wakir), and Umar ib’n Talud, Aseikh of the Khoresh Bedullin tribe..

I loved thi
Cordelianne
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book can better be read before book 5, because now I already knew how the book ended. Nevertheless this book was a lot of fun and I loved that they went on a journey with all my favorite characters in a new place!
Polly
Will the Ranger meets Lawrence of Arabia, and a good time is had by all (well, except for a little being chained to camels and almost beheaded, etc)! No, not really Lawrence, but definitely Arabia, and the book is much the better for a little touch of exoticism and the lack of rain (I don't know why, but whenever I think of this series, I picture a guy with a longbow standing in drizzling rain). I got kind of tired of the series last year, but had a yen to pick it up again, and I'm glad I did. I ...more
Dana
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well well well, that went too well. It was fantastic in fact! One of my favorites in the whole Ranger's Apprentice series <3
Erak's Ransom is:
*Cute! (Halt's wedding, sweet remarks between Halt and Lady Pauline, Horace and Gilan, Will's graduation)
*Adventurous! (I just love how the adventures take place in different landscapes and countries: Celtica, Lands of Rain and Night, Skandia, Gallia, Arrida -I'm not sure the spelling is correct. The characters have experienced the freezing climate of
Marjolein

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

It has been a year since I read the sixth book in the Ranger's Apprentice series and since I was looking for an Australian author to read for the Southern Hemisphere reading challenge, it seemed the perfect moment to pick this series up.

For this book I've made the change from reading it in Dutch, to English. This caused little problems (it took me quite some time to realize that Horace is Arnaut from the Dutch books), but after
Connor
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
This just needs to be read in between books 4 and 5. I'm rating this book as if I had read it in its proper place. It is exactly what I wanted. It had such a happy-sad feeling that would be a perfect transition to the books where Will is on his own. Loved it, and I am loving this series!
Dan
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, adventure, fantasy
The best, so far, in this enjoyable series.
Tricia Mingerink
This is my favorite of the whole Ranger's Apprentice series. I'm not totally why. Maybe because I love the horse race part. Just awesome. :)
cindy
Well...well... looks like Will &co. were loooong way from home in this 7th book... Get trapped on sand storm, lost direction and half dead on vast dessert, wagering Tug on Bedullin tribe's race and Halt nearly beheaded? What went wrong here? Wait a minute, where were they actually?
(By the way, story wise it was between 4th and 5th book, so I read this before the 5th, but it was the 7th book of the installment)

(view spoiler)
Gillian
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Negar
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
بعله. اول اینکه بگم، بعد از اینکه اینقدری که من این کتاب رو خوندم یه کتاب رو بخونید، آخرش یه سری عیب پیدا می کنین که باعث بشه کتاب پنج کامل نشه.
ولی من اینقدر با کل این مجموعه خاطره دارم، اینقدر که تموم شخصیت هاش برام عزیزن، به جز پنج چیز دیگه ای نمی تونم بدم بهش.
اصلاً بشینم خاطره ها رو تعریف کنم یه سه چهار سالی طول می کشه. :)

این کتاب داستان ویله که سال آخر کارآموزیش رو می گذرونه. داستان ویل که پنج سال گذشته رو همراه هلت و با پشتیبانی اون گذرونده و حالا مجبوره به زمانی نزدیک بشه که مسئولیت های
Loralee
Jul 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not To Kill a Mockingbird or Lord of the Rings. But for what this book is supposed to be, a YA fantasy novel, it's brilliantly put together. Good sound plot, memorable characters, satisfying action scenes, near-death in the desert, traitors, bargaining, horse-racing, archery, and a princess with a sharp turn for bargaining--as well as a mean slingshot. The quality of this novel is even more remarkable considering this is the seventh book in the series, although the author has wisely tackled ...more
Alex
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, first, this book is non-chronological with the rest of the series so-far. it doesn't offer any spoilers or anything really of value where it is in sequence (out-of-chronology), so I'd suggest reading the books in this order (so far)

1-2-3-4-7-5-6

I'll edit my book 5 review to reflect that as well..

..anyway, I really liked this book as well. As I've said on all the other ones in this series, it's candy fiction. It's not deep, but it sure is fun.

This one takes place in a north-africa-type set
Brianne
Feb 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the ranger's apprentice series. But for the last few books I haven't really been feeling it, where the plot was going.

This goes back in time in comparison to the last two books by being in the time period when Will is still an apprentice. I thought that this bridged the gap nicely and I am ready for the next one in the series.

The characters are much the same as they have been before, and it seems that all the actions are kind of shallow. But Will goes through some really trying times. T
Jocelin
It's a wobbly 3 stars. I was really disappointed in this entry in the series. It was based around the capture of a an old friend ( almost adversary ) Erak one of the Skandians from previous books. The problem was the focus was mainly on the rescue and then trouble that the team of heroes get into and not the captive. The one thing that did save this book for me was the horse race in the desert. It was a brief race but it was thrilling.
The author did state that this entry in the series went back
Adrielle
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Nothing but love. I adore the characters in this series. Yes this novel falls out of order but that doesn't mean it is any less meaningful. I like it as much, if not, even more than a number of the others in this series.
Rebecca
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads, fantasy
This book was a big relief! After reading the sixth and seventh in this series and being greatly disappointed I had low hopes for this one but it was totally awesome! SO exciting and funny and fast paced, it gives me hope for the rest of the series!
Maedeh
Mar 21, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
خوب اخرین جلدی که از این کتاب رو خوندم موقعی بود که سوم دبیرستان لودم الان خیلی گذشته و از موضوع اصلیش هم دور شدم!حالا ایشالله سر فرصت اینو میخونم!
الان عیده ترجیح میدم چیزیو بخونم که بتونم سریع باهاش ارتباط برقرار کنم نه کتابی که اسم نصف شخصیت هاشو دیگه یادم رفت!
Kimberley doruyter
i didn't enjoy it that much because i had already read books 5 and 6 so the suspence was tiresome and i already knew everything would be oke.
Irene
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Upper elementary and middle school readers; fans of fantasy
Shelves: children
Oh, I liked this book quite a bit! My 5th grader and I read it as a read-aloud, maybe that added to my enjoyment.

I was tipped off by other readers that this book - Book 7 - actually chronologically follows Book 4. It says as much in the Author's Note, but you'd never know if you were just reading them in order!

Well, not to give anything away, but I loved the beginning, which delved into the personal developments in the lives of some of the main characters. The overarching theme is that Will is
Nina Carlsen
I read the first half of this series several years ago and I remember that I really liked, so when I was reminded of it by chance a few days ago I thought I would take it up again. This book had a lot of nostalgia helping it along for me, but I still believe that this is a very enjoyable read. The adventure and the characters are fun and it was nice to read about Will and the others after 8 or 9 years. That being said, I obviously would have enjoyed it more eight years ago. But all in all I thin ...more
Sydney Kirsch
"...if you wait till you think you are ready, you'll wait all your life."
Kim Bahr
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love the Ranger's Apprentice series! Being back with Will, Halt, Horace, and Evanlyn is like being back with good friends! Can't wait to read on in the series.
Trevor Pence
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. If I had one complaint it was the fact that book 5 talked about Tug. It sort of gave away the ending of the whole "Will lost Tug" section. I knew that Tug wasn't dead because Will still had him in book 5 and book 6
Josh
Urian
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story. While it didn't really hold any surprises, it also wasn't totally predictable. It's lack of surprises didn't take away from the story though, and I was excited to see what would happen next every time I read.
Ruby
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book, although I am annoyed at John Flanagan again. Why did he randomly have to go back in time?? I mean, I understand perfectly why he wanted to, but still... Anyway, another thrilling adventure with all the good old characters, plus some new tribes and a different style of battle. Enjoyable read.
Vampires, Weres a...: The Rangers Apprentice Month Five 25 12 May 29, 2018 12:57AM
Oakleaf Bearers: Erak's Ransom 1 1 Oct 20, 2016 04:28PM
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • Player's Ruse (Knight and Rogue, #3)
  • The Way of the Dragon (Young Samurai, #3)
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)
  • Apartment 255
  • The Spook's Mistake (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #5)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #6)
  • DragonLight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #5)
  • The Squire's Quest (The Squire's Tales, #9)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)
  • Nest of Serpents (Wereworld, #4)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • The Buccaneer's Apprentice (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #2)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)

For mysteries by this same author, see John A. Flanagan.

John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. It wasn't until he wrote a highly uncomplimentary poem about a senior executive at the agency where he worked, however, that his talent was revealed. It
More about John Flanagan

Ranger's Apprentice (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1)
  • The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2)
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4)
  • The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9)
  • The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice, #10)
  • The Lost Stories (Ranger's Apprentice, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • Circe
    $13.99 $4.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Red Wyvern (The Dragon Mage, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
  • Everyone Knows You Go Home
    $5.99 $1.99
  • (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“But what if I make a mistake?' Will asked.

Gilan threw back his head and laughed. 'A mistake? One mistake? You should be so lucky. You'll make dozens! I made four or five on my first day alone! Of course you'll make mistakes. Just don't make any of them twice. If you do mess things up, don't try to hide it. Don't try to rationalize it. Recognize it and admit it and learn from it. We never stop learning, none of us.”
625 likes
“Always expect something to go wrong," he told him. "Believe me, if you're wrong, you're not dissapointed. If you're right, you're ready for it.” 268 likes