Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down” as Want to Read:
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down

(The Yada Yada Prayer Group #2)

In The Yada Yada Prayer Group, a wildly diverse group of women weathered storms together that brought them unusually close. Now, these beautiful new relationships are now stretched to the limit.

Jodi Baxter is recovering physically and spiritually from her car accident that killed a young boy; MaDear comes to believe that Jodi's husband helped lynch her older brother over s
Audio CD, Library edition
Published November 1st 2004 by Oasis Audio, LLC (first published January 1st 2004)

Start your review of The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down
Brenda
Aug 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I feel like the first person narrative REALLY hurts this book. I want to know what the other women are thinking and feeling. I want to follow their lives every once in awhile. To be honest, I'm sick of Jodi. She seems judgemental, she almost always jumps to the worst conclusion first, and I want to get out of her head!

Other problems I had were: the character Ruth talks like Yoda. Says her sentences in the wrong order, she does. Every time she says anything in the book I hear Yoda's voice for her
This is the second book in Jackson's Yada Yada Series. In the first book a group of 12 women are randomly placed in a prayer group while at a Chicago-area Christian women's conference, and after a series of life-changing events, the group decides to continue meeting after the conference is over.

The second book starts just after the action of the first. It's the end of summer and protagonist, Jodi "good girl" Baxter has almost fully recovered from her car accident (in which she accidentally kill
Debra
Apr 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got really tired of the main character whining all the time! She really needs to loosen up or she's going to have a stroke over her husband having a beer with a friend...Seriously!
Dani
Aug 27, 2009 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian book clubs
Shelves: part-of-a-series
As usual, Neta Jackson hit on the exact issues that I struggle with as a Christian. Whereas the Christian books I have been reading are just "clean" romances, the Yada Yada series is more like a devotional hidden in a story. This book is perfect fodder for discussion in a Christian book club, but the story doesn't have the stilted feeling of a story created just to teach a lesson.

I like the way that Jackson fleshes out the characters, as well. Even though one of the main story lines was about Ad
Kathryn
Enjoyable as always, with some thought-provoking issues in the middle of what is mostly Christian chick-lit. It is a light and easy read, but with an edge to it.
Kathy
Aug 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost as good as the 1st in the Yada Yada series. Was hoping for each successive book to be told in the first person by each of the other characters,each one from a different race, religious, or ethnic background. Attended a wonderful book club with the author; found out she did not write sucessive books in the series from the multi-culturally varied characters' points of view because she felt she could not writing as authentically with the voice of a black woman, or a Jewish Christian woman, o ...more
Maria Elmvang
Brilliant book. The Yada Yada books speak straight to my heart. I'm challenged to pray, praise God and generally take a closer look at my relationship with God. Do I just pay Him lip-service - or do I actually practise what I preach?

"The YYPG Gets Down" is a fitting continuation of the first book, and it raises an interesting question of forgiveness. Do we forgive even if the other person doesn't repent? Can we repent for the sins of others? (Like the Germans asking the Jews for forgiveness for
Dana
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yada Yada Gets Down #2

Loved this book! Some good quotes from it & words/phrases to ponder & chew on....

Sometimes I wondered why it took a big crisis in my life to get some simple stuff straight, like not doing chores my kids should be doing.

Pray. That was it. Why did it take me so long to get the first line of defense when upsetting things happened? If girls were here they'd be circling our chairs like warriors doing battle w/fear, confusion, disappointment, anger.

I always thank God after he's
John
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 with this amazing group goes deeper into each members life and real world struggles. The Baxters while leading ordinary lives realize that their interconnections in their daily walk.
Kristen
Sep 20, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
i picked this one up on a whim. i got about halfway through, before i just decided to move on to something better.

i liked the premise of the book, and i liked the idea of a book about women finding their faith together.

what turned me off on the book - the writing. it was pretty juvenile. way too much "telling" and not enough description. i didn't feel too attached to the characters. i really didn't think they were developed well enough. i also didn't think the dialogue was very good.

this book
Jennifer Fischer
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a series that seems like fluff but is really very deep. REALLY good book!
Delanie Washburn
Just as good as the first one if not better. I really like the characters and even though the situations they get in seem far fetched to me, I still can get myself into the book.
Robin
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: neta-jackson

The Yada Yada series is fabulous! The series addresses women and relationships. I found it an enjoyable as well as inspirational read :)
Teresa
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heavy. Hard. Uncomfortable. These are all words that come to mind as I try to think about this book. It was tough. But in such a good way. Good writing should make you think, examine yourself, and open your eyes. White people may read this book and brush it off. As a white mother to black children, I can't do that. I have to continually look closely at our world and see all the racial prejudice that still exists today and talk to my children about it. I have to prepare them to be called names, t ...more
MaryEllin
3.5 stars! I really love this series. It’s light and fun and - dare I say it? - inspiring. It inspires me to rev up my prayer life, to expand my circle of friends beyond people who look and talk like me, and to truly live out the Word I read every day. Kudos to Neta Jackson for doing all that and telling an entertaining story, too. Definitely moving on the Book 3 in this seven-book series.
Donna Willard
Another good Yada Yada Book. Love how the characters support each other through thick and thin. The best part of this series seem to be at the end. There are always surprises in the story. The book makes me want to read the next one in the series to find out the what new adventures will happen to the the Yada Yada Prayer Group.
martinidegarci
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was still a good read; learnt some great things about faith from the praying sisters - though, at some point, I'm kind of bored with all of Jodi's musings. She's fine, alright but her judgement can sometimes be too overwhelming.

But there are instances where I was moved and in awe at how the author described God's mysterious ways. It is deeply moving, actually. A good book, I must say.
Ginger
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed spending the summer with the Yada Yada prayer group. I feel like Jodi Baxter is my friend, maybe even a co-worker since we're both teachers. This book has taken me somewhere when I had to stay where I am.
Erin Wood
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome book! I can’t wait to read book 3. This was an emotional book that picked up right where book 1 left off with Jody Baxter and the prayer group. They encountered a robbery, racism, and visits to prison. As always looked the recipes in the back 🤗
Sheri
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this Book

I enjoyed this book. I have been encouraged to use scripture as I pray. Trusting God is hard work, but the two books that I’ve read so far have encouraged me that I can trust God. This series leaves me thinking each time I finish one.
Anoopa
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not high literature, but the stories are very inspiring.
Tiffany
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely have loved the first and second book in this series!! Can’t wait to get the third one!!!
cindy townley
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Another amazing story of real life and how God can use those struggles to strengthen your faith. An easy read.
Marie-Josée
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Lynna
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light fun read.
Diana Larsen
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book, it continues from the first one so nothing is left undone. Definitely encourage you to read it.
Megann Zeigler
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow it's getting interesting...how are all these woman going to manage getting alone when they are all so different...and now they are back in their real lives?
Margie Mielke
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good, realistic - thoroughly enjoy the read😊
Kate
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character/narrator is such a pill. This was hard for me to finish.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Remember (Redemption, #2)
  • Lucy Come Home (A Yada Yada Journey of Hope)
  • One Tuesday Morning (9/11, #1)
  • It Happens Every Spring
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance (Yada Yada Brothers #1)
  • The Potluck Club (The Potluck Club #1)
  • Take One (Above the Line, #1)
  • Beyond Tuesday Morning (9/11, #2)
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Firefly Island (Moses Lake, #3)
  • A Killer Plot (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #1)
  • Oceans Apart
  • Though I Stumble (Promises of God #1)
  • Snowmageddon (Windy City Neighbors #5)
  • A Time to Dance (Timeless Love, #1)
  • Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1)
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)
  • The Forgiving Hour

The Yada Yada Prayer Group (7 books)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #5)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out

News & Interviews

“Maybe you should get new sheets for Florida’s kids, Jodi Baxter. Would you want someone else’s old sheets for your kids?” 0 likes