Start by marking “Murder List (Buchanan-Renard #4)” as Want to Read:
Murder List (Buchanan-Renard #4)

Murder List

(Buchanan/FBI #4)

There are few authors who can weave nail-biting thrills, edge-of-your-seat drama, and romantic suspense as masterfully as Julie Garwood. Now she ratchets up the tension with Murder List, in which evil is on the hunt– and proves to be methodically organized and chillingly successful.

When Chicago detective Alec Buchanan is offered a prime position with the FBI, it is the per
Published March 1st 2005 by Ballantine Books (first published 2004)

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,870 books — 2,542 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,473 books — 1,467 voters

More lists with this book...

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
* October 2017 Series Reread and Review

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

Another great reread. This one is a bit slower placed but still a great read.

Reagan Madison has attracted the attention of a madman and it's up to Det. Alac Buchanan to keep her safe. Alac and Reagan's attraction was a slow burn but it definitely burned bright.

photo PicsArt_1508016702834_zpsshvoa1o6.jpg

I love the relationship between Regan and her two BFF's Cordie and Sophie. The three have been inseparable since Kindergarten. Their very close and loyal to one another. Reagan's brothers Adain an
Cyndi
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Ok, I love Julie Garwood, but this book was not among my favorites. The alpha male was a bit over the top. There were so many times I would have kicked him to the curb. Of course I wouldn't reach my Happily Ever After, but I can live with that.
As for our Mary Sue, I mean Regan, she never quite developed. This utterly beautiful, rich, smart woman can't figure out why the handsome cop would choose her? Please!
Anyway, regardless of the two of them it is a good murder mystery with a bit of a twi
Esther
Reread.

This was good the second time but realizing not a 5 star.

It was balance between mystery and romance.

Almost felt like the romance was secondary.

Liked the hero and heroine.

But a lot of dialogue and detail about the murder and that was a little over the top.
Jonetta
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series continues with another compelling story with this fourth book. There is a perfect pitch between the romantic and suspense elements and it moves quickly. I also liked the added "girlfriends" component of the storyline, providing the main character, Regan Madison, with realistic dimensions. Alec Buchanan is nicely defined as her love interest along with others from the Chicago Police Department to flesh out his role. Regan's brothers could be better developed but overall, this is a good ...more
Chumchum_88
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This series keeps getting better and better ^^

- The couple in here didn't have any appearance in the previous book but they certainly had their presence in here. The couple also reminded me of the Regency Romance books, her all polite and elegant, him with his messy appearance and rakish attitude, which I liked it was a cute combination.

- Also I noticed that the difference in here was that even though as usual we get to know the villains thoughts throughout the story and still get surprised at t
Julianna
Mar 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Romantic Suspense, Julie Garwood
Reviewed for THC Reviews
It's been a really long time since I've read one of Julie Garwood's romantic suspense novels, since before I started writing reviews to be exact. Murder List was a pretty good read, and about on par with what I remembered of the other books in the Buchanan series, but not quite up to the caliber of some other romantic suspense authors I've read more recently. Having a killer on the loose, who seems to be obsessing on the heroine, worked reasonably well from a suspense/thr
Catalina
Apr 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Let me begin by saying that I did not take note that this was a "#4" in a series and have not read numbers 1, 2 & 3. And I never will. I listened to this on audiobook while traveling which would explain why I actually finished it: I had no other options. I found myself wondering if perhaps the slow, unappealing reading by the voice actor was the source of my hatred of this book, but after further thought I came to the conclusion that the dialogue and plot description really were JUST THAT AW ...more
Bibliotecaria recomienda
Pues me animé con esta autora porque no había leído nada suyo y hacía un montón de tiempo que no leía nada de suspense romántico y la verdad ya me apetecía.

Regan, es la pequeña de tres hermanos sobreprotectores, Aiden, Spencer y Walker, junto a ellos es la heredera del imperio hotelero Hamilton. Aiden y Spencer se ocupan de los negocios de la familia, y Walker es un famoso piloto de carreras, aunque ella también está presente en el negocio hotelero prefiere hacerse cargo de la fundación benéfica
Silvia Petrova
Дотук най-слабата история за мен и като трилър, и като любовна история, и като герои... Много клишета на едно място, много повторения, беше ми от книгите, в които все се надяваш че ще се случи нещо УАУ да пораздвижи нещата, ама не се случи.
Thenia
The story of Regan, a hotel heiress who finds herself the target of a madman, and Alec, a detective tasked to be her bodyguard as his last assignment before leaving the department before joining the FBI.

Neither of them is happy about their situation at first, but they know it's necessary. They like each other, so spending time together isn't as bad as they feared, and they get to know each other pretty well after some time passes and while the investigation is in progress.

Regan is a genuinely ni
Didka
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Определено, след като човек прочете 2 книги от поредицата, му става ясно, че всички нататък са по калъп: той я пази, защото някой иска да я убие, много я иска, но ще заминава някъде и тя не ще да се влюбва, пък го прави. Хващат убиеца, който винаги е грешният и нашият Супермен се съмнява, че е той. Почти в последния момент, и то след като е заминал, той изведнъж се осъзнава, връща се навреме да я спаси от истинския убиец и хепи енд.
ВСИЧКИ книги от поредицата са по тази схема. Определено след вто
Elia
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ni 24 horas me ha durado. Simplemente espectacular.
Margaret
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
A quick read. A bit of everything in this one. Beautiful/handsome wealthy people, romance, murder - great for a holiday read. The murders were brutal, the murderer driven by the 'devil' and it did get quite intense so I pretty much read it in one go.
Laura V.
3,5/5
No estuvo mal, no tanto como pensé que sería, eso sí.
Aunque los protas tardan lo suyo en conocerse, y aunque me habla de una química que no pude llegar a ver entre ambos cuando empiezan a enamorarse, no se hizo largo.
El tema del asesino parece casi un chiste, porque él no quiere matarla y le da su tiempito para que siga con vida.
La autora me habla de una convivencia de tres semanas, en las que Alec y Regan se gustan, se atraen y se quieren. Después de eso, ellos viven como si fueran mejore
Carrie
I enjoy Julie Garwood's contemporary romantic suspense. The Murder List was no exception, although it wasn't her best effort.

The plot has something in common with Linda Howard's Mr. Perfect, although without the humor of Howard's book. In both books several female friends end up making lists, and the list puts people in danger. In The Murder Room, the danger centers on Regan Madison, a hotel heiress who made the Murder List as part of a self-help guru's "cleansing" exercise. The list is suppose
Barbara
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Three wealthy, successful twenty-something women living in Chicago - Regan, Sophie, and Cordie - decide to take down a scheming 'motivational speaker' who fleeces rich, lonely women. To get a bead on him they sign up for his seminar. One of the seminar exercises is to write a list of people you want gone, a 'murder list', which is immediately destroyed. Regan is seriously annoyed with several people, so she writes down their names. She then leaves the seminar before destroying her list. In the s ...more
Amanda
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is book 4 in the Buchanan series, about Alec Buchanan and Regan Hamilton. First off I thought I wasn't going to like Regan but as the book progressed my first assumption was completely wrong. Regan turned out to be a perfect heroine at least to me. I really liked Alec as well but what I found in this book was that it was mostly all about Regan. That fact didn't bother that much but I did think it was a little odd. I had stated in my review of Killjoy that I thought it was all about the Susp ...more
Chitra *CJ*
“Murder List” is the story of Regan and Alec.

This fast paced erotic thriller tells the story of a lady who inadvertently puts herself in danger by constructing an experimental “murder list”, a psychopath hell bent on making it come true while chasing her, and a hero who just might save her from death.

With extremely well written characters and hints of mystery, the author weaves an intricate plot where everyone and nobody was the suspect, and while the nail biting scenes happened- you rooted for
Astraycat
I prefer Murder List to Killjoy because this story has less annoying dialogues among minor roles, which always make me skip some pages, what's worse, it often occurs when the danger is coming.

The interaction among Regan and her two good friends are funny, I'd like to read if there is more stories about the other two friends' stories.
Jackie Lane
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a difference it makes when you read a series in order. I initially read this book not realizing it was part of a series and was just meh about it.

Now, having read it in the order it was written, I absolutely loved it. It was suspenseful, I knew the characters and have come to love them and enjoyed spending time with Regan and Alec. Being able to see the progression of the story made this a much better read for me. I knew how it was going to end, but still thought it was a really good book.
Kirsten
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
Been on a Julie Garwood streak of late. Her new contemporaries are very good. But then her historicals always were as well.

This is part of a larger series and part of the subset involving the three friends Cordie, Regan, and Sophie. This is Regan's story.

An engaging romance with a very solid mystery-suspense plot. I will probably have to read this again some time. It's that enjoyable.
Oly
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Relectura 2018: Lo estoy pasando bien releyendo esta serie, pero no puedo dejar de notar que tiene muchos fallos que quizá pasé por alto en la primera lectura. La lista del asesino es entretenido, pero tampoco es nada del otro mundo, ni el caso ni la relación romántica. Ha pasado de un 4/5 a un 2,5/5.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I like the mystery more than I like the romance. But I have to say that the banter between Regan and Alec was better than the others in the series. Maybe because they are a complete opposite with Regan's an heiress and Alec is more of a rough-on-the-edge kind of guy.
Sheila Myers
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
More romance than mystery. By the title and synopsis, I thought I'd be reading a crime novel with a little romance thrown into the mix. Even though "Murder List" wasn't what I was expecting, I thoroughly enjoyed the book.
Hristina Tserovska
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Първата книга, която прочетох от поредицата и която си остана най-любимата ми. Обожавам Алек Бюканън
Wendy
I loved reading this book! Alec is my kind of hero. This is another of Julie Garwoods best. Check it out if you want some exciting romance in your life.
Elaine Nickolan
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good read. The story revolves around a wealthy woman that is being hunted for unknown reasons. Due to her efforts to help someone else, she produces an imaginary hit list. Things start to get out of hand when people start dying. A policeman, due to another situation gets assigned to protect her and the story is off and running. Who is after her? What will they do next? Is it someone close to her, or a stranger? As the story unfolds it holds the reader interested in what will happen ne ...more
Jane Thomson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I have just re-read this novel after several years. I would give it 3.5 stars because like other reviewers I felt the plot lagged in the middle. The story was well-crafted but the murder suspense got lost in while the romance developed. Still, it kept the reader engaged and anticipating the ending.
The friendship of the three young women is a welcome addition to the plot and having read all the novels in the series, I enjoyed seeing the hints of other stories.

I liked both main characters, but fo
Joy
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! Great story!!!
Cruth
Author: Julie Garwood
First published: 2004
Length: 425 pages
Setting: Contemporary. Chicago.
Sex: Explicit but not until the end.
Hero: Chicago Dective, soon-to-be FBI
Heroine: Hotel Heiress

Enjoyable. Complex plot. Interesting characters. Good lead in to Regan's BFFs' stories (Fire and Ice for Sophie and Fast Track for Cordie). Still on the stronger plots from early in the series with less emphasis on sex, more relationship and mystery driven where anyone could have done it.

3.5 stars rounded down.

Gar
Around the Year i...: Murder List, by Julie Garwood 3 16 Dec 27, 2016 08:00AM
Let's Talk About ...: Murder List (Buchanan-Renard #4) 6 21 Oct 16, 2014 09:10AM
  • The Color of Death
  • Burn
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • The Secret Sister
  • Crossfire (High Risk #2)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
With more than 35 million books in print and 26 NEW YORK TIMES bestsellers, Julie Garwood has earned a position among America's favorite fiction writers.

Born and raised in Kansas City, MO, Ms. Garwood attributes much of her success to growing up in a large family of Irish heritage. "The Irish are great storytellers who relish getting all of the details and nuances of every situation. Add in the fa

Buchanan/FBI (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Heartbreaker (Buchanan-Renard, #1)
  • Mercy (Buchanan-Renard, #2)
  • Killjoy (Buchanan-Renard, #3)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • Shadow Dance (Buchanan-Renard, #6)
  • Fire and Ice (Buchanan-Renard, #7)
  • Sizzle (Buchanan-Renard, #8)
  • The Ideal Man (Buchanan-Renard, #9)
  • Sweet Talk (Buchanan-Renard, #10)
  • Hotshot (Buchanan-Renard, #11)
“Sometimes extraordinary things can happen on the most ordinary of days.” 3 likes