Start by marking “Catching Kelly” as Want to Read:
Catching Kelly

Catching Kelly

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Eight years ago, ultra-sensible Kelly Burke left her zany family in a desperate attempt to lead a normal life. When she gets the news that a ruggedly handsome man has moved in on her grandmother -- and the family finances -- she rushes home to send him packing, without the Burke fortune!

But once back in the center of her beloved but outlandish clan--pet tigers and all--Kel
Published January 5th 2000 by Avon (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Catching Kelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Kelly

Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't know if I can stand to read this since it seems to be a RO-mance book, but I found it on my bookshelves and thought I'd give it a try.
* * * * *
Well, it was one of those love 'em/hate 'em RO-mance stories with a few fairly explicit sex scenes, but mostly it was about a crazy family that was totally unrealistic (very wealthy, all virtuosos, living on a private island with some zoo animals). However, I did enjoy it in spite of all those drawbacks, rather surprising myself.
Kris - My Novelesque Life

"Her story sets off a violent spark.

His investigation puts them in the line of fire.

Journalist Erin McKenna is not only investigating a major defense contractor suspected of complicity in the international sex-slave trade but testifying against them in court. Her world collapses when that same firm buys her newspaper and she's fired without explanation. Her home is ransacked, her computer stolen and she is attacked.

FBI agent Jerod Westlake is haunted by the disappearance of his sister lon
Robyn Brown
Dec 01, 2011 rated it liked it
If you'd like a fun book to escape in that doesn't require a lot of deep thinking, try Catching Kelly. It was light hearted fun. Kelly has returned home - a private island in Florida - to save her zany family from a supposed money hungry ex-football player. Over a few days reconnecting and meeting Mr. Football, she realizes she had been living under a lot of assumptions. Although this is a romance, I enjoyed the zany family, their adventures and the island setting much more than the couple. What ...more
Ann (Noumena12)
Jun 26, 2008 rated it liked it
It's been eight years since Kelly Burke has seen her crazy family. Suddenly, she finds herself rushing home to protect them from a con man honing in on the family's finances. Seth Ralston is hiding out on the Burke Family island after injury ended his career and divorce turned his life upside down. Can Kelly protect her unique family from Seth? Does she need to?

Catching Kelly is one of Sue Civil-Brown's humorous tales set in Paradise, FL. Brown's unique, off beat characters will keep you coming
Oct 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
If you like a wacky story line you'll love the cast of zany secondary characters in this one, unfortunately, the romance isn't nearly as interesting. The heroine is whiny, selfish, childish and very difficult to sympathize with. Seth, the hero, is terrific though and he so deserved a mature, loving woman to spend the rest of his life with. Instead he got Kelly and I nearly wanted to tear my hair out!
Ann Marie
Nov 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Another Paradise Island story. This time Kelly comes back to the island to save her crazy family from a football player from stealing the family fortune. Her family is the only thing that keeps this story from being boring. Each one is eccentric and they remind Kelly that everyone has something to offer, including her. This book was a fun read but I would have liked to have seen more from the Hole in the Wall Gang.
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love when I get to use/ read the octogenarian word! This story reminds me of the Addams family, this book is quirky and hilarious with all the little innuendos about Kelly's family, for anyone who may think their family is weird, this one really puts that into perspective.
Ellen Marshall
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved the relationship between Kelly and Seth and the way it built. Also Kelly's relationship with her family was beautiful the way it grew and changed. The ending felt just a little rushed, but over all I loved the way the story ended.
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Carly Tinkler