Start by marking “A Good Knight's Rest” as Want to Read:
A Good Knight's Rest

A Good Knight's Rest

(Good Knight #6)

The Good Knight needs a good vacation. But when his three rascally dragon friends tag along for the trip, relaxation quickly becomes impossible. Just before the Good Knight snaps and does something very not good, the dragons realize their friend needs a break, and they prepare him a nice, restful hideaway-at home. It's a fun-filled road-trip comedy perfect for any kid who' ...more
Published June 9th 2011 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about A Good Knight's Rest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Knight's Rest

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Jul 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Any parent that has taken kids on a road trip will relate to this book. Gave me a chuckle.
Luisa Knight
It was cute; there's just not much to the story. So if you don't mind simple ... and a story that reminds you of traveling with children, you'll like it. *wink

Ages: 4 - 8

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website: The Book Radar.
Arminzerella
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Good Knight has had a very busy time lately and is in need of a vacation. He sets off, but not before saying good-bye to his friends the three dragons. They want to come with him, and being a Good Knight, he lets them come. But, they turn his vacation into anything but relaxing with their constant whining, and jumping in and out of the cart. In the end, they figure out how to help the Good Knight get the rest he needs.

Cute illustrations.
Dolly
Jul 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2011, childrens, humor
This was a humorous and all-too true story about a road trip with quite a few stops along the way. The repetitive narrative and fun illustrations make this a great book to read aloud with younger children. It's a great summer read and we enjoyed reading it together. We've liked the books in the Good Knight series and will certainly look for more of them at our local library.
Tam
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: early-reader
My boys (ages 4 & 8) love the "Good Knight" books but this one was disappointing and not written like the others. Usually, the little dragons aren't understanding instructions so it's quite funny to see what they do but it wasn't like that this time. The story was still funny but we didn't like it as much.
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
A cute story about the Good Knight taking 3 sweet but demanding dragons on vacation. I prefer the easy reader Good Knight stories like Good Night, Good Knight but fans of the caring Good Knight will enjoy this picture book story too.

Recommended for kindergarten and 1st grade.
Sarah Mckelvy
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm pretty sure this book was written more for parents, than children. My daughter enjoyed it, but I was able to identify with the dragon. Moms and dads have many moments where they need a rest or relaxation, but we keep on going. If you have ever traveled with children, they behave the exact same way as the dragons do.
Miriam
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
The goofy tone of this book didn't quite work. It was too simplistic for the jokes it tried to pull off. Although the illustrations are cute enough, there's nothing really special about them. I read this book. That's about the most interesting thing I can say about it.
Bill
Again, another book for a read aloud to the younger children. Anyone who has traveled with children will find themselves laughing occasionally. It also offers a lesson to how children could help make vacations and resting go a little easier.
Jennifer Heise
We read this with my son when he was about 4. He giggled but we giggled more, since we read it on the way to Pennsic! Boy, did we sympathize with that Good Knight.
Laura McLoughlin
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun addition to the series. It was nice to see the dragons take care of the knight.
Mercy