Start by marking “A Girl Like You (Donovan Creed, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Girl Like You (Donovan Creed, #6)

A Girl Like You

(Donovan Creed #6)

A Girl Like You (A Donovan Creed Novel) is the next step in the evolution of hit man and former CIA assassin, Donovan Creed.

When Rachel Case goes to the doctor for a routine blood test, scientists are astonished to learn she possesses a gene no one else on earth seems to have—a gene that holds the key to protecting the world from the deadliest pandemic in history. When go
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Girl Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl Like You

Start your review of A Girl Like You (Donovan Creed, #6)
Eric_W
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Here’s another contender for the best opening line to a book: “MOST PEOPLE WOULD think getting bit on the balls by a water moccasin while sitting on the toilet in their own home would be the worst thing that could happen that day.” Sam Case learns the hard way that not helping Donovan Creed may reap all sorts of bad things. Including the fake amputation of his leg.

Again, I really am enjoying John Locke’s Donovan Creed series. And what a deal: all are available for $.99 for your Kindle. As I hav
Brenda H
Donovan Creed is not a nice guy. He's an assassin for hire with his own set of rules. Because Creed is often used by the government for unsavory work, he gets a lot of leeway (and support) in his non-government work.

In general, the Donovan Creed series is a quirky, twisted, roller-coaster thriller ride. Often the dialogue is cheesy, the action over-the-top and the protagonist (anti-hero?) bigger than life, but the book still manage to be a fun, quick and mindless read. These are the books you ca
Giovanni Gelati
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have some new things to talk about; yes besides the stuff I yapped about last week, yes, it is true. New stuff already! Here is the deal; I am adding a new segment to my blogtalk show, it is going to be all about writing process. Basically a panel of authors is going to discuss a facet of writing each month and hopefully something new can be learned and we can each get something from it. Let’s face it, gas is going through the roof, trying to get to one of these authorfests is tough and costly ...more
Marjolein
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious, mindless fun! There's action, mystery, and a big dose of humor. This was my first Donovan Creed novel, but I'm going to read the other ones too.
Michelle Johnson
Mar 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This one was the best Donovan Creed so far. I was hooked within minutes.

Even when I'm reading other books, I reach for Donovan Creed first.

Yes, he's twisted. Yes, it's full of ridiculous scenarios.

But this book is a wild, fun ride on an adventure roller coaster.

Every page leaves waiting for the next surprise.

I especially love how Donovan is becoming nice, dare I say? I love his character. And I love John Locke's writing.

The only thing that keeps it from five stars is my own ego. How can I g
Beth (Beth~a~holic)
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Throughout the series, Locke's books have mutated into quirky pieces of "art". Well art might be a strong word but let me explain. As with most art, you stand back in admiration of somebody else's creativity. That is the same way I feel when reading a Creed novel.

Even though this book was short and sweet, with under 200 pages, it still had a lot of action, sharp humor and skin-crawling suspense. It is a bit cheesy (yet funny) that Creed makes numerous references to "a book he's read (or will wri
Ken Rossignol
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another unpredictable book from John Locke. Following the journey to track down his kidnapped girlfriend, Donovan Creed exercises his great powers at breaking into homes and cutting off legs to bring about the extraction of information from those who always know what is best for mankind. One lesson of this novel is that government officials who are willing to allow you to make a sacrifice for the good of humanity don't want to be the first in line for that stuff. Don't miss this book.
Rebecca Saxton
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Absolutely wild, laugh out loud fun to read. I recommend for anyone looking for a quick read with non stop action.
Miz
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What a ridiculous book! :) Completely my fault for numerous reasona:

1) as I picked this up in abargain bin, didn't realise it was 6th in a series
2) I didn'I realise what type of book it was!
3) The opening chapter - snake, toilet, bite, ouch - is pretty much my worst nightmare. The scenario keeps me up at nigh with my fear of snakes. BUT it was the best part of the book haha.

Nevertheless, it was entertaining and I'd give it 2.5. Story was whack.

Janice
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another book in this series that I thoroughly enjoyed. It is odd to me that I picked this particular book to read while we are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. I had no idea that this book was, in part, about finding the vaccine for the Spanish Flu that killed so many people during that Pandemic. I highly recommend this series.
Joshua
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
These books are silly to me, but this one was EXTRA silly in my opinion.
Gina
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. Predictable.
David Berkley
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another interesting book!

Wow! Another great plot with plenty of twists and turns to keep you turning the pages. Next book in the series, please.
Kathleen
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
A bit more like the first two. Hoping the author is back on track!
Annemieke Windig
Feb 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of nonsense. Could be made into a C movie, too bad for a B movie script.
Harry
Continuing with my pursuit of the lone Hero (see reviews for Joe Pike novels, John Rain novels, and Jack Reacher novels) Donovan Creed is probably the most unique character I came across.

I'd never heard of John Locke until I received my Kindle DX in the mail. Locke made his fame and fortune self-publishing his books in the Kindle world. For the Kindle, his books are ridiculously inexpensive (around $0.99 to $1.99). I was surprised at what I read and hooked from the start. Unlike my other series
Gordon Wulff
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another roller coaster that never disappoints . There is a reason he is a best selling Author and has a loyal cadre of OOU's following his very new release .

A new Author creating the same buzz and sharing similar rankings .

Without by E.E. Borton Without
Suffer by E.E. Borton Suffer
Abomination by E.E. Borton Abomination
E.E. Borton
amber
May 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
I'm not going to lie...the Donovan Creed series has very little literary value... I felt like I was potentially getting dumber as I read them:)

That being said...they are short, entertaining (in that perfectly mindless sort of way...I enjoy a good mindless read occasionally), and best of all, they're only .99 each on the Kindle! Most entertaining $7 I've spent in awhile...and the 7 books lasted me a full week:)
Eric Thomasma
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another solid, fun story from John Locke. Not that murder, mayhem, extortion, kidnapping, and government conspiracies are usually thought of a fun topics, but when someone like Donovan Creed is involved... Scratch that. There is no one like Donovan Creed. A highly enjoyable story filled with twists, turns, and switchbacks. Hang onto your seat, you're in for a wild ride.
Donna Halloran
Aug 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
I hadn't read a donovan creed novel before. It was a stunningly fast read. I liked the story ok, but I didn't love the characters. Maybe I had to read the other ones first to get to know Creed better. One thing, I feel like I have a pretty good idea of past books so I suspect to read these in order might be a little frustrating because there is probably a fair amount of rehashing past stories
Steve S. Grant
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
‘A girl like you’ is the first book I bought on my new Kindle. This is like renting ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ the first time you go the video store (which I also did). Did I like the story? I am shocked by the entertainment value of Mr. Creed’s adventures. What a great way to discover talented authors.
Patress Persons
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This was my first John Locke novel. It was quite enjoyable right up until I got to the final chapters - the intrigue fell apart and I think he had a difficult time ending the novel, however the last paragraph builds the intrigue right back up for the next book. I think I will try the first novel in the series to see how that book was since A Girl Like you is actually book 6 of the series....
K.R. Bankston
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
The book was a great read, honestly I'm a little pissy about the ending, but even that I'll chuckle about. Loved Donovan's character. Everyone meshed well and the humor was just in the right places. Definitely worth the time and effort to enjoy it. Great job!! I definitely recommend it!
Nikki
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was the first book by John Locke. It was chosen a book club reading. The book was fun and I love Donovan Creed. He's something. You can't really describe him. Locke did an excellent good with Donovan's character. I love suspense and murder mysteries.
Hudson Murrell
Jun 02, 2012 rated it liked it
good again. rather addicting. not HUGE on the 'back story,' but we're getting bits and pieces. His girlfriend's husband, Sam, long out of the picture, continues to figure a bit too prominently for my liking. Creed is his usual superman-self. Doesn't dissapoint.
BridgetT
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
once I started Donovan Creed (or whatever his name is) i was hooked. John Locke is a truly LOL writer. his stories are delicioulsy unbelievable (and i do mean unbelievable) in the most entertaining, thrilling and gripping way. i have them all, and read them back to back.
Andrea Susan
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read these books I find myself smiling, there is so much to enjoy if you like the quirky characters and speedy plots. I love reading other reviews and the fact that there is one 5* for every 1*
Mark
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Was trying to read this last night in bed & my wife said if you are going to keep laughing go to the couch. So off to the couch I went to finish reading the antics that Donovan Creed was getting into.
This series just keeps getting better & better.
Carl
Mar 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Another wild ride with Donovan Creed. More outrageous and unbelievable action from the mind of John Locke.
Joseph Sivak
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
It Made Me Laugh Out Loud.

• Size Matters
  • A Woman Scorned
  • Spitfire Pilot: A Personal Account of the Battle of Britain
  • Your Closest Friend
  • Offstage in Nuala (The Inspector de Silva Mysteries #3)
  • Aces and Eights (Sam Prichard #12)
  • Fatal Finds in Nuala (The Inspector de Silva Mysteries, #4)
  • Lucky Break (Lucky John Adventures Book 1)
  • Surviving the Angel of Death: The True Story of a Mengele Twin in Auschwitz
  • Christmas in Nuala (The Inspector de Silva Mysteries #5)
  • Passage from Nuala (The Inspector de Silva Mysteries #6)
  • The Second Husband
  • The Mum Who Got Her Life Back
  • Florida Man
  • Harbor Nocturne
  • About Your Father and Other Celebrities I Have Known: Ruminations and Revelations from a Desperate Mother to Her Dirty Son
  • Lucky Draw (Lucky John Adventures Book 2)
  • Stealth (Stone Barrington, #51)
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See this thread for more information. This is the novelist (2x spaces), not the philosopher (1x space).

New York Times best-selling author John Locke is the international best-selling author of sixteen books in four different genres. He is the 8th author in history to have sold one million eBooks on Kindle. Loc

Donovan Creed (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Lethal People (Donovan Creed, #1)
  • Lethal Experiment (Donovan Creed, #2)
  • Saving Rachel (Donovan Creed, #3)
  • Now & Then (Donovan Creed, #4)
  • Wish List (Donovan Creed, #5)
  • Vegas Moon (Donovan Creed, #7)
  • The Love You Crave (Donovan Creed, #8)
  • Maybe (Donovan Creed, #9)
  • Callie's Last Dance (Donovan Creed, #10)
  • Because We Can!