Start by marking “Nightrise (Power of Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nightrise (Power of Five, #3)

Nightrise

(The Power of Five #3)

The third heart-pounding book in #1 NYT bestselling author Anthony Horowitz's spellbinding The Gatekeepers series
A gate has been opened. The Old Ones have been released. And now the third and fourth of The Five -- twins with a mysterious psychic bond -- are joining the fight.
Published May 1st 2007 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Nightrise, please sign up.
Sheila Samuelson (BookAddict29) on youtube Um...because the story continues after each book until Book 4 lol

Start your review of Nightrise (Power of Five, #3)
Ahmad Sharabiani
Nightrise (The Gatekeepers, Also known as: The Power of Five; O Poder dos Guardiães [Portuguese]; Le Pouvoir des Cinq [French]; Die fünf Tore [German]; Los cinco guardianes [Spanish]; I 5 guardiani [Italian]; Moč Petih [Slovenian] #3), Anthony Horowitz
Nightrise is the third book in The Power of Five series, written by Anthony Horowitz. It was published and released in the UK on 2 April 2007 by Walker Books Ltd. It is preceded by Evil Star, released in 2006, and followed by Necropolis, which was
Chris Horsefield
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third in Horowitz's Power of Five series sees the action move to Nevada where Scott and Jamie Tyler perform a mind-reading act to bored casino audiences. Only their act is real and one night they are ambushed by two mysterious men who kidnap Scott and frame Jamie for murder. Jamie escapes with the help of Alicia McGuire, a former aide to Presidential nominee Senator John Trelawney who has been searching for her son, Danny. Together they discover that children all over the country have been d ...more
~Bookishly
This book took me a little longer to read than planned. I blame this entirely on me struggling to get properly in to the story.
Firstly, this book was the dullest of the series so far. I enjoyed "Ravens Gate" It had a sense of mystery to it, and I thought the story was intriguing. This however, had zero charm to it, the plot was slow and I could already anticipate exactly what was going to happen.
The character development is tolerable, but not in the sense of actually getting excited by the entr
Papa Tandoh
Apr 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
I'm a stickler for series. I love Darren Shan and the like and when I first opened Raven's Gate I was immediately drawn in, it was a good book. Evil Star was alright and with this: book three in the Gatekeepers saga dubbed Nightrise I wasn't too immersed. It's a young adult's fiction novel of two orphans abandoned in a tunnel near a Washoe native American reservation. Scott, the apparent protector of the two, and Jamie Tyler, the doubting protagonist, performing in a rundown play house in Reno, ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger, aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Anthony Horowitz's THE GATEKEEPERS series continues with NIGHTRISE. The Old Ones are still a threat to the safety of the world, and the five young gatekeepers are the only ones equipped to help.

Previously, Matt and Pedro were in Peru attempting to close the second gate. Their attempt failed and Matt was seriously injured. The adventure continues in a new location - Reno, Nevada. A small, rundown theater is hosting a performance ca
Erika
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So, this is the third book of one of my favorite series, The Gatekeepers!. When I finished reading Evil Star, I was a bit dissapointed, not with the story, but with some mistakes I found there. I started to think that maybe this book had an extraordinary plot like the others, but maybe it would contain some errors that would make me start disliking it. But fortunately, i'm glad to say that it didn't. This was super amazing!!! I was starting to compare this with Necropolis which is the most incre ...more
emma
i didn't think i would love the new characters as much as i did
Totoro
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
so, the third book of "gatekeepers" , as i expect from each and every book Anthony Horowits writes, it was perfect, the story line, excitement and characters were all great, though being the first time i read from Jamie's perspective, it was a bit new and needed getting used to, but i liked it at the end.
and just at the moment about page 250 that i was going to give up having any updates from Mat and Pedro's life, once again i felt satisfied with Horowits's great story telling technique, i can
Kushnuma
Nightrise is book 3 in the series.

This book took me a while to get into. But it got better after Jamie ends up 10,000 years back.
Janet Robel
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good story. To be fair, I hadn't read the previous books. It was well-written and I liked Jamie but I would recommend reading the others first.
Niki
I have to be honest and admit that I didn't like this book as much as the previous 2 in the Gatekeepers series. The good news is that I know exactly why that is: I really disliked that huge ~fantasy battle against the Old Ones in the past! section. I very rarely care about ~huge battles~ like that, because it's usually crystal freakin' clear that the "good guys" will win, with minimal losses on their side, usually at the very last second just for ~suspense~.

Not to mention that the entire "rando
Chris Hill
Jan 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone.
I've always enjoyed Anthony Horowitz's books, and this is no exception.
The power of five series I find to be, in my opinion, far greater than the Alex Rider series.
The 1st power of five books, Raven's Gate and Evil Star were brilliant, and this one is no exception.
Nightrise I found, starts off fairly slow, as it's the third installment I expected there to be more use of the five's 'powers', as they are no longer a mystery to the reader, but like before, the powers are rarely used.
However, the s
Naomi
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed this whole series -- but then, I generally enjoy Anthony Horowitz's work. While the mythologies present may be familiar to students of world religions and apocalyptic literature (both religious and contemporary fiction), like Horowitz's other work, the characters are interesting and well-written. This would also be a fine series read for a family with middlers and early teens, but probably a little too scary for younger children (more horror elements than the Alex Rider series). Som ...more
Leonie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Yeah FINALLY! I finished my first book in 2018! It still amazes me how much I have forgotten about this series in 6 1/2 years. My memory really is horrible. I wasn't much into reading for the last three weeks, so I didn't enjoy the first 80% that much, but after that it got way better and exciting.
Jadyn
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book but I kind of wish that he kept the same characters. Just kept the plot going with the two and then they find Jamie and Scott...somehow.
Zulfiya
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is both better and worse than the previous two books. It is also so much darker than its predecessors, and occasionally I thought it was a YA or Juvenile book written for adults as some of themes were quite mature, but I think this is what I enjoyed most.

I have to give credit to Horowitz - I do like the perspective of other members of the Five becoming the focus of this story, and I do like the tone that was quite different from the previous two books. The sense of place was quite palpable,
J. White
401 pages, it's a good book and the authors style is fantastic!

This book, I couldn't put down.

Although it's such a good book, it did get a bit confusing at times. I figured it out in the end. It was confusing that Jamie is Sapling, Scott's Flint, Pedro's Inti and so on. Jamie was dead, he comes back in another world where Sapling's dead. He replaces Sapling. This bit I understood.

Scott is imprisoned by Nightrise, and Jamie and Alicia go to look for him. Alicia will only help Jamie if he brings
Amy Braun
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another thrilling read in this series! This time, this instalment diverges from Matt and introduces new characters and a story that's filled with adventure, deception, and magic. I liked how this story progressed alongside Matt's and delved more into the lore of the Five. It took them in a direction I didn't expect and I found myself unable to stop reading!

Jamie and Scott have tragic backstories that made them some of my favourite characters. Though they're twins, they have wildly different per
Luckaaa
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reread

There were things I didn't like about this book but so many I loved so I can't get myself to give it less than 5. It's partly nostalgia but I also do believe that this book (and series) is great and I think it deserves it. Recommend.
15AdkinsE
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story is building up and we find out about the evil nightrise corporation. Jamie and Scott are put in danger and an ancient tribe is their only hope.
Fatemeh
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Because I love twins XD
Chelsie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I wasn’t sure how to feel about this book, I found it a little confusing.
I second guessed myself thinking maybe I had read out of order. But I’d triple checked and held out, it does clarify itself later on!

I personally found this a bit slower paced but I think it ends up adding more information about Raven’s Gate that’s helpful to bulk out the realms.

Katie
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Teenage Katie would have been THRILLED with how this series progressed. Super excited to finally be reading these books and seeing where the first two were leading.
aoibhe o reilly
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
3 words: best story ever!
Chiara
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rogerio
This book is more a "transition" in the series and less adventurous than others. However, events from this book will become very relevant in the rest of the series and it contains key information to understand the finale. The most important is the battle against the old ones 10.000 years ago.
Steven L.
Dec 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: anthony-horowitz
This is the third book in the Gatekeepers series. Scott and Jamie Tyler are identitcal twins, left on the side of the road in a box, with no parents and strange matching, thought to be, tattoos. They possess the power to read minds and control the actions of others.They learn later on that they are two of the Five Gatekeepers.
Scott is captured by Nightrise, who have been searching for the Gatekeepers, but Jamie manages to escape with the help of soon to be friend, Alicia, who is in search of h
Donna
May 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This is the third book in the Power of Five series. I read the other two a while ago so had forgotten a fair bit, so this was almost a new story for me.
Written for teens this is about five kids who all have to come together to save the world from the return of The Old Ones. Two of them have found each other in the previous two books and this one is about the 3rd and 4th.
It is a good story although there is a strange jump in the middle where one of the characters wakes up in a completely differen
Tamara Epps
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never read any Anthony Horowitz books before but now I am hooked. Even though this is the third in 'The Power of 5' series, I didn't feel confused about what was happening or worried that I hadn't read the previous books. Though I will definitely be checking them out the moment I get a chance.

Jamie and Scott are telepathic twins. Ever since they were found, they have been able to read other people's minds, though they refuse to use this power except with each other. But when Scott is kidn
Paula
Apr 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is the third book in the gatekeepers series and I have to say my favorite thus far. Jamie and Scott are twins with the ability to read minds and make people do or see things. They try not to use their ability on other people because they have to delve into their minds and therefore only read each others minds. But when the Nightrise corporation, who are working to bring the Old Ones back, try to kidnap the boys, Jamie escapes. In his quest to find his brother he discovers he and his brother ...more

• The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl #6)
  • Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Children of the Red King, #8)
  • Slawter (The Demonata, #3)
  • Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • City of Stars (Stravaganza, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Solitary (Escape from Furnace, #2)
  • Aftershock (H.I.V.E., #7)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)
  • Raven's Gate: The Graphic Novel (The Power of Five: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)
  • Fledgling (Jason Steed, #1)
  • The November Criminals
  • Dans L'oeil du Lion
  • The Black Tattoo
  • Deadlock (H.I.V.E., #8)
Anthony Horowitz, OBE is ranked alongside Enid Blyton and Mark A. Cooper as "The most original and best spy-kids authors of the century." (New York Times). Anthony has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he is also the writer and creator of award winning detective series Foyle’s War, and more recent ...more

The Power of Five (5 books)
  • Raven's Gate (Power of Five, #1)
  • Evil Star (Power of Five, #2)
  • Necropolis (Power of Five, #4)
  • Oblivion (The Gatekeepers, #5)