Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery: 101 Inspirational and Comforting Stories about Surviving the Loss of a Loved One” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Readers mourning the loss of a loved one will find solace and strength in these 101 emotional and inspiration stories from those who have gone through the grieving process. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery will help readers during this difficult time.

Everyone grieves in their own way. While the hurt and sadness never completely fade, it eases with time. Con
Published February 1st 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Lenore Webb
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing

We all have times where we are having to grieve and from that we then enter into recovery. That spot where the light begins to shine once again in our lives. We have all had to go through this process. It is not anything that we wish to do but a part of the life process. How we handle it is where we each show our strengths. Myself, crying is where I do not do well. I try so hard to hold it in. It feels as if the damn will burst and never stop. Of course we all know that it will eventually flow t
Lenita Sheridan
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book for Grievers

These stories helped me to grieve over the loss of a loved one. Many of them have a spiritual connection, especially the last section, but it was the story "Lillian's Daughter" that truly touched me so much.
Anne
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of stories from people who have dealt with love, loss and grief. I would recommend anyone who is dealing with the passing of someone they love.
Arief Nake Bahadi
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
udah lama g nulis review buku di goodreads nih :D

well gw beli buku ini seminggu setelah nyokab gw wafat. ketemu buku ini jg g sengaja pas lagi di rak buku-buku chicken soup dan liat dari judulnya gw ngerasa kyknya buku ini cocok bwt gw yg lagi berduka ketika itu.

buku ini bukan berisi motivasi atau tips-tips yang biasa terangkum dalam buku-buku self help, tapi lebih ke arah cerita, pengalaman hidup orang-orang yang ditulis kembali. buku ini bercerita mengenai kisah orang-orang yang kehilangan ora
Guillermo
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Grieving is a process everyone goes through in their own way. It often feels overwhelming and as if the sorrow will never end. While the hurt and sadness never completely fade, it eases with time. This collection of emotional and inspirational stories will provide comfort and peace to those mourning the loss of someone close. Others who have lost a loved one share their stories of what helped, offering guidance and support. With its stories of regaining strength, appreciating life, coping, and f ...more
Jim
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
A slow sporadic read but some good ones in there. It works to use this format because each chapter has a different author. If you don't like one, wait a few pages. The chapters are each very short and self contained. And grief can eat up your concentration, making it difficult to focus for too long.

Some authors are awful but their stories are interesting. Other authors are quite good. Some entries are so sad they are almost unbearable and others are more hopeful and heartwarming.

Glad to have rea
Christine
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed the stories in this Chicken Soup for the Soul book. It made me cry alot, but also made me feel at peace with some of the loss that I have experienced in the last few years.

I found this book quick to read, and because the stories are short, I was able to stop reading after each one and reflect on it if I needed to.

I would say that if you have recently lost someone this will be hard to get through. After a couple of stories in particular, I had stop reading for awhile because it
Dayana
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
En este caso, el libro es sobre la muerte de los seres queridos y el proceso de reconstruirse y seguir viviendo a pesar de esa pérdida.

En casi todos los libros de la colección se ha hablado de una manera u otra de la muerte; pero en este caso se han reunido experiencias con el fin específico de compartir el dolor transformándolo en historias de vidas que trascendieron a pesar de la desaparición física.

Para leer el resto de la reseña los invito a pasar por mi blog: http://www.dayanabarrionuevo.co
Young__Tulip
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I picked up this book to help with my own grief, and obtain a sense of community around grief and death. Many times I think I got more than I think I could handle. We will never have enough time and the book was uncomfortable for me to read. But reminders of my own mortality keep me from sailing through life to actually living it.
Rikza Hakin
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
great book that contain a lot of stories from great person...
kata - kata dan cerita di buku ini seperti kumpulan kerikil ketika awal ditemukan dan berubah menjadi mutiara di saat yang tepat.

- orang - orang yang mendahului kita tidak hilang ataupun meninggalkan kita, mereka hanya pulang lebih dulu kepadaNya, dan Tuan pasti jauh lebih mencintai mereka dibandingkan kita..
MaryLee Robinson, Author, The Widow or Widower Next Door
Like all of the other Chicken Soup for the Soul books, this one is uplifting, and delivers just what I need to hear, regularly.
Jane
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as restorative as the other one of these I read. I'm not sure if that's me or it. I'm glad I read the other one earlier.
Jacob Blanck
I really liked it. My grandfather passed away years ago. I have a grief of him. Compared to the Grieving Soul, Few stories have the griefness but good.
Charity Rasmussen
Dec 27, 2014
Nancy Segovia
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very comforting

I found this book to be very comforting as I went through my grief of losing my husband unexpectedly . Reading the stories of other people who have lost loved ones and have found a new life and hope gave encouraged me that my life would go on and that I could obtain happiness in spite of my grief.
Paige
Ashaley Lenora
Jun 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Widow to Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas for Rebuilding Your Life
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • Thy Will Be Done (The Tudors, #3)
  • Sociology for Dummies
  • The Psychology of the Simpsons: D'oh! (Psychology of Popular Culture series)
  • Gateway to the Heavens: How Simple Shapes Mould Reality and the Fabric of Your Being
  • Stopping Stress Before It Stops You: A Game Plan for Every Mom
  • Dignity: The Essential Role It Plays in Resolving Conflict
  • Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine, Oxytocin,  Endorphin Levels
  • The Master of Hestviken