Start by marking “The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance: 18 Tales of Love After Death. Edited by Trisha Telep” as Want to Read:

(Elemental Assassin #4.7 - Haints and Hobwebs)

Sexy, romantic, and . . . dead? Ghost romance offers a perfect blend of popular forms of contemporary romance: paranormal, time travel, fantasy, and a mix of modern-day and historical. Fans of "The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance" collection are sure to enjoy the next volume in the genre.
Published October 1st 2011 by Robinson Publishing

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
My rating and review are based on one story only, the Haints and Hobwebs by Jennifer Estep as part of her Elemental Assassin series.

I loved this story and such a great addition to Gin's adventures and what she truly is like and of course, all of her wonderful friends and family, truly the best part of the series.

Jen
I reviewed this anthology as I finished each of the stories, but now that I am finally finished with this book, I have some overall thoughts that I'd like to share:

First, I enjoyed all of the stories in this collection, some more than others, but I enjoyed the whole of this book enough that I bought it. :-)

My favorite stories in this anthology are Haints and Hobwebs by Jennifer Estep; Seventeen Coppers by Jeannie Holmes; and Can You Hear Me Now? by Sharon Shinn.

I also loved Jonquils in the Snow
Rosemarie Short
I feel that this book and I have been on a journey. Anthologies are always interesting beasts. There will inevitably be a lot of middling, a few select highs and some crushingly low lows. There are sixteen installments here, spanning the entirety of the above - with reviews as follows;

The Chinese Bed by Anna Campbell - 3 stars - I'd say this is a very middling start to an anthology. It doesn't stray too far outside of the generic haunted house concept. A couple re-enacting the mistakes of their
Theresa
18 short stories by various authors. I'm mainly reading this for Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin story: Haints and Hobwebs. But will review the others as well. Here’s list of the stories and their authors.

1) ‘The Chinese Bed’ by Anna Campbell. 3 stars. A bed haunted by a jilted Chinese princess that curses all newlyweds on their wedding day

2)‘Old Salt’ by Carolyn Crane. 2 stars. A scriptwriter who had to return home to care for her parents and a ghost captain whose ship went down in 1879
Penny Watson
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mammoth Book Of Ghost Romance, Edited by Trisha Telep

Why did I read this book?

1. I liked the cover (I'm easily swayed by nice packaging).
2. Carolyn Crane wrote something in here.

Yep, I'm pretty easy.

This anthology is a collection of ghost stories. Some of them are excellent, and some are less than stellar. From an editing perspective, there is a good mix of romantic, historical, funny, serious, intense and contemporary. I thought the flow was good from one story to the next, although it is somet
Metaspinster
Jun 10, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Ugh. Never mind. I wanted to read Carolyn Crane's story, but I can't support the editor's bigotry.
Sara
Oct 06, 2015 marked it as books-acquired
OK, not my style but it was only a buck!
Paris
I didn't rate the book as a whole since I only read two of the stories in it.

Carolyn Crane - Old Salt 4/5 stars
I love Carolyn Crane. Everything she writes is fresh and new; completely unlike anything else. Even this short is different and I loved every second of it.

Jennifer Estep - Haints & Hobwebs 3/5 stars
Ultimately this short was frustrating. Not because it wasn't good and didn't fit in the Elemental Assassin series. I actually liked it and thought that it was pretty good, except it felt
Katherine
Update: Ok, ok. This book was available as an e-book from my library, so I just count resist. I still don't agree with Trisha Telep, but I love Carolyn Crane, so whatever, I read Old Salt. It was pretty good, maybe not my favorite CC story, but I'm still happy to have read it.

I was really looking forward to reading this, mostly for Carolyn Crane's story, but I can't read it because of Trisha Telep. I hope Carolyn will eventually publish her story independently.
Michelle
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My rating only applies to the "Haints and Hobwebs" Elemental Assassin short story by Jennifer Estep.
Jonathan Currinn
Finally finished this book, took me longer than I thought it would but I'm glad I have finished.

Was getting a little bored with the constant male and females falling in love, you can see it happening at the start of every story and at the end of every story there is a perfect happy ending, and yet we all know that happy endings aren't exactly real. But a few stories stuck out like a sore thumb in this book, whereas most of them shined and showed how amazing these writers are.

Here's what I though
Quita
I was expecting some cliched romance stories featuring ghosts, but I was definitely in for a surprise! A few of the stories threw in some SERIOUS surprise endings that caught me all the way off guard. There were even a few that really clenched my heart strings and had me thinking of them well after I'd finished reading the story.

Going into this, don't expect the cliched HEAs. Although they all round-off to a happy ending in a way, they aren't your typical "lived happily ever after". Some of th
A solid anthology, though not any stand out stories for me. I picked it up for Sharon Shinn's contribution, and I enjoyed her "Can You Hear Me Now?" though I think the concept was more intriguing than the actual execution.

Some of the stories appeared to be linked to longer series, so they were unsatisfying for anyone not familiar with that world. There were some improbable romances in there too, where the romance is between a ghost and a living person...not sure how that's supposed to work out l
Daniell Marsh
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoy stories that have ghost in them and add in some romance and what is not to like. All the stories were good with some being better for me than others. The nice thing is this is a mix of stories so something for everyone. One I would read again.
Robin Van Der Maat
This anthology contained more awful short stories than good ones. Fortunately the few good ones were amazing. Unfortunately I did not take note of them, and don't intend to waste time going back through.

Overall? Don't waste your time, but if you've nothing better to read....
⚜️Trea
I'm going to break this review down by story, since this is a huge anthology and each story has its own merits. If there was no other way to get some of these stories, I would purchase this book, but I would much rather just get the stories I enjoyed and not pay the $6 for the rest of it.

a. The Chinese Bed-Three different ghosts in this story, one malevolent and two just trying to come to terms with their deaths. It is a very quick story, but I found myself skimming over the parts with the prese
Melindeeloo
A nice collection of 'spirited' romance shorts – I like these Mammoth books for the sheer number and variety of stories. From matchmakers from beyond the veil bringing lovers together, to loves that triumph over death, this collection had it all and included some really different stories by some old favorite authors for me to enjoy but also gave me a chance to see how well some new to me authors handle a romance in a small amount of pages. So when the last page was turned this ended up being a d ...more
Jewlsbookblog
The Chinese Bed
3 stars

Josiah wakes up in bed and hasn't a clue what's happened to his bride. When he finds her, he learns it's 70 years after the fact and they're both dead for reasons he doesn't know. His descendant, Calista and her fiancée Miles, have the bed rebuilt for their upcoming nuptials but things don't go accordingly...
This was a creepy, intriguing short involving a cursed bed and the power of trusting in love.

Yours in Eternity
C. T. Adams

Lola is back home to clean out he
Rinou

‘Thr
Lauren
Feb 01, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts, romance, anthology
OVERALL:

The Chinese Bed by Anna Campbell

Old Salt by Carolyn Crane
In Hi
Giddyup
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts, short-reads
My rating is based on the two stories that I read.

Carolyn Crane - Old Salt
I had not read this author before so I did not know what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed this story. I loved the writing. I'm going to add this author to my TBR pile.

Jennifer Estep - Haints & Hobwebs
This is the reason that I picked up this book and I was not disappointed. It was fun to see Gin and Owen at the beginning of their relationship. They have only been together a few weeks when this st
Darcy
This review is based only on Jennifer Estep's story.

Gin Blanco is one of my favorite characters to read about, so when I realized the series had a short story in this book I had to check it out. This story was oddly balance by Gin's sarcasm and the ghost's sweetness and innocence. I liked that Gin knew she needed to help the girl and that the gang all pitched in. The ending was great, I loved Owen's comment, I can only hope it comes true.
Wendy Mills
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Until reading these very entertaining stories, I’ve never heard of any of these authors before. Now I’m interested in finding out what else they write. While I liked all the stories I read, my favorites were “The Chinese Bed”,“Ghost of Blackstone Manor”, “Seventeen Coppers”, “The Lovers”, “Jonquils in the Snow”, “The Heart Thief”, “Ghost in the Machine”, “Can You Hear Me Now”, “The Storm”, and “4Evr”.
Anna Lee Huber
This anthology was something of a mixed bag for me. It started out very strong and then waivered up and down through the middle and end. I would say about 25% of the novellas would have earned 4 or 5 stars from me; 25% earned 2 or less, and the rest fell into the 3 star range. It's difficult to tell a complete, satisfying story in such a short word count. However, there were four or five that were extremely good. Overall I was pleased.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
I didn't read *every* story in this anthology. If it didn't grab me quickly, I didn't bother. My top 3:
Old Salt- liked the story of the haunting ghost
Haints and Hobwebs- This is what a short story in a series should do! I haven't started the Elemental Assassin series yet and I wasn't lost. Enjoyable.
Seventeen Coppers- Ro was a great character, but I felt she needed a little too much rescuing.
Penelope
I read about maybe two stories, and there were still things wrong with it such as after successfully becoming a fan of Supernatural I see many things wrong with the way ghosts are...ghosts, and two, what is with these characters in these series who can't stop humping things after the first ten seconds of meeting?? That is such a pet peeve to me, because it is so unrealistic.
Chapter 35
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice wee ditty of a story. A Haint ( traded spirit with unfinished business) comes to Gin in an unusual way. They do some digging and uncover a baby bad air elemental vampire killer... who keeps the soles of his victim's.
Gin decides to help the Haint, called Tess Darville... and si the story goes...
Cheryl Whitty
This is great for reading when you haven't got the time to read a fall
novel.

When reading short stories by authors you would normally see or read.

A wide range of stories kept me entertained when unable to find time to raed a full novels.
Izzy
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of the short stories/novellas are mediocre, very few of them stand out. In my opinion, I think Seventeen Coppers by Jeannie Holmes is one of the best stories - great writing, wonderful world building and an interesting story.
melissa
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only read 4.7 - Haints & Hobwebs by Jennifer Estep to continue the Elemental Assassin series.

Decent little side story involving a soul sucking vampire and the Spider helping a haint reunite with her lost love.

• The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance
  • Tangled Schemes (Elemental Assassin, #3.7)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Entangled
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • Brave New Love: 15 Dystopian Tales of Desire
  • Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite #3)
  • Seize the Night: New Tales of Vampiric Terror
  • The Mammoth Book of Steampunk
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • A Girl's Guide to Guns and Monsters
  • The Mammoth Book of British Kings & Queens: The Complete Biographical Encyclopedia of the Kings and Queens of Britain (The Mammoth Book Series)
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Stories by Women
  • Chicks Kick Butt
Trisha Telep was the romance and fantasy book buyer at Murder One, a London crime, mystery, and romance bookstore; she's now co-owner of the virtual bookstore www.murderone.co.uk and an editor of romance and supernatural anthologies for Mammoth. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, she now lives in London.

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)