Start by marking “Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up” as Want to Read:
Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up

Read Book* *Different edition

Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up (Hopalong Cassidy #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
pubOne.info present you this new edition. The town lay sprawled over half a square mile of alkali plain, its main Street depressing in its width, for those who were responsible for its inception had worked with a generosity born of the knowledge that they had at their immediate and unchallenged disposal the broad lands of Texas and New Mexico on which to assemble a grand t ...more
Published December 3rd 2010 by Pubone.Info

To ask other readers questions about Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up

Forrie Lowell
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved "Hopalong (Bill) Cassidy" since I was a child (1950) strictly through the movies. Watched everything collected all audio and videos of.
Now for the first time I decided to go back to his roots and the written word of "Clarence E. Mulford". This was the greatest discovery in my lifetime joy of Hoppy!
Mulford had the true gift of spinning a western tale and giving us the Bar-20 and all those wonderful colorful characters. This is his first and it was awesome! Clarence wrote 28 Hop
Data
Total disregard for life, women, reality; if that's what you like this is your book. Mind you, I am a fantasy fan, but this book has nothing to do with the genre - it's just baloney. I'm also a fan of historical fiction, and generally any kind of good writing, including colloquial speech where appropriate. Can't say I found any of that going on ... although there was was lots of "yu this" and "fer th' that". Read a bit if it interests you; this is a loosely organized batch of stories where most ...more
Charles
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: westerns
Listend to this one on my Kindle. I'm sorry it took me this long to get to it. There's lots of hilarious dialogue and situations. Note that this isn't really a novel per se. It's more a collection of individual incidents, althoguh some of them are marginally related. The characters are fascinating, larger than life. It's much in the tradition of the Texas Tall Tale. At times you almost expect Pecos Bill to show up.
Arlen
Lots of fancy dude words so the three stars are for language. But it was a shock to apprehend that we were glorifying what today would probably be defined as lawless, racist, sexist, destructive gang behavior. No need to read any more for me, thanks. Clearly written, I believe (and could be way, way wrong) from the comfort of a seat by the fire somewhere in New England? :-)
Burt
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western
A very interesting read, rather indicative of early western lit. A real shoot-'em-up of a book, with lots of us-vs-them situations, More of a collection short stories than a full-fledged novel. I'm glad I read it, but it satisfied my itching for a Hopalong Cassidy book.
Mike Jensen
Oct 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This early Hop-along Cassidy book is for fans only, and I mean fans of author Clarence Mulford, not the Cassidy films which have little in common with this book. It is very badly written. Very.
Barry
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining
Ron
Mar 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-westerns
Read my review at my blog.
Frank
Sep 30, 2017
Robert Anthony
Oct 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Clarence Edward Mulford was the author of Hopalong Cassidy, written in 1904. He wrote it in Fryeburg, Maine, United States, and the many stories and 28 novels were followed by radio, feature film, television, and comic book versions. Clarence was born in Streator, Illinois. He died of complications from surgery in Portland, Maine. He set aside much of his money from his book for local charities.

Cl
More about Clarence E. Mulford...

Hopalong Cassidy (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Orphan