Jump to ratings and reviews

Bronson

With a man like Bronson, there are only two options: end up dead or desperately in love.

BRONSON
The dumbest thing I’ve ever done—and I’ve done a lot of stupid crap—is to go check out this boy whose only mission is to save unwanted and wounded animals.

I’m a wounded animal.

A killer for the O’Sullivan mafia, I’m a man who takes what he wants then walks away without looking back.

I don’t want to feel, connect or—god friggin’ forbid—fall in love. Especially not with Jesse Dahl. He’s too young, too innocent, too good.

My filthy secrets can never be known, and I don’t give a damn how beautifully vulnerable Jesse is.

Or so I tell myself.

JESSE
Bronson Cruz is blond. He’s beautiful. He’s brutal.

And no matter how hard I try, I just can’t shake him. I shouldn’t give in. This is stupid. He’s sooo gorgeous.

He’s not a good guy. Except he is to me.

I know I’ll get hurt because of him. It’s written on his face, in his body he gives me, and his heart that he denies me.

Secrets kill.

And his could end me.

In fact, they probably will.

618 pages, Kindle Edition

Published April 10, 2023

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rie Warren

51 books680 followers
All of Rie Warren's self-published series are available to read on Kindle Unlimited, including the instant hit Bad Boys of Retribution MC, Carolina Bad Boys, Bad Boy Ballers, and many more!

Badass, sassafras Rie Warren is an OG Amazon All Star author of Bad Boy books and MC romance. She delivers five star sex, suspense, and the best banter around. Her stories are one hundred percent original, do not contain fluffy plots or virgin brides, and wring every last emotion from readers to leave them with a satisfied smile. Rie’s tough alpha males are never brought to heel, but are instead healed by the feisty femme fatale of their perfect match.

She grew up in Maine, went to college in Iowa (Iowa, what?), lived in Scotland, and married in Englishman. In true roundabout fashion, they came back to the States, settled in South Carolina’s lowcountry, putting down southern roots and pursuing their arty endeavors. Tale spinner and character diviner, Rie is a lover of sleep, wine, and rude memes often involving either Disney characters or Winnie the Pooh. She is raising two teen daughters along with an entire brain full of unruly characters.

Rough-talking alpha men? Rie has that on tap.
Stubborn sassy heroines? You bet.
Smoldering sex scenes that’ll set your Kindle on fire? Check, check, check.
Keep a fan handy, you’ll need it.

Follow the signup link below to her romance newsletter for sneak peeks, new releases, first looks, and her quirky sense of humor.

And, as always, happy sexy reading to you!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews
Profile Image for Jazer (catching up on TBRs).
137 reviews7 followers
April 12, 2023

4.5 stars and one tall order of a tough man with a skewed moral compass coming in...

Holy moly! Why is this the first time I’ve read a Rie Warren book? I love me a bad boy, good boy couple and this book is a perfect example! She’s right when she said to keep a fan handy because you’ll DEFINITELY need it. Also, potential spoilers ahead? Maybe? This is a dark romance so be warned of potential triggers such as violence, drugs, and abuse.

A few things I loved about it:

- I love that there’s no pretense on how Bronson pursued Jesse from the start and that although Jesse has reservations, he’s also grudgingly and admittedly attracted to Bronson. It made the flirting and seduction funnier and sweeter. It made me giggle a lot the way they danced around each other. I’d love to be a fly in the wall and feel the tension in the room.
- Also, a man who ASKS for a kiss? Way to go! I love that Bronson is aggressive but a gentleman at the same time. Very protective and possessive without being controlling. For a guy whose history and job raises a lot of red flags, his personality is SO GREEN. He’s very good with his hands (pun intended, too!), a softie for Anna-Marie, and him arguing with Davey… just utterly cute and a little dumb. LOL
- Jesse, on the other hand, is cautious and reserved due to past hurts. But despite this, he’s also bold and wild. Once he gave in, he voices out what he wants and asks for nothing less. Strong and powerful in his own way. He can be sassy, bossy, and a tease when he wants to.
- Jesse is such a good soul and Bronson is your book-stereotype, trigger-happy, bad boy with a skewed moral compass, but I can’t get enough of his sweet ways and dedication to Jesse. He also has so many redeeming qualities you’d forget he’s a mafia soldier. (I know. I forgot for a second, too.)
- Lastly, call me judge-y but I SWEAR Derek has an interest in men. At least a little bit. (Pleeeeeease???)

A few things I don't like about it:
-The prolonged rejection at the latter part. And I KNOW it's part of the plot and what makes the acceptance heartwarming. I just feel bad for Bronson. :'(

Mafia and illegal business aside, this story is a fun, sweet, and steamy read. I’d recommend it as a stand alone if you’re like me and have not read the first 3 books! I got an ARC for an honest review and now, I definitely need to rummage through Rie Warren's MM selections.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Shelley.
2,369 reviews33 followers
April 13, 2023
Bronson and Jesse😍

OMG, it’s taken me a few days to put this review together as I was practically speechless, which if you knew me is definitely new for me 😂 Suffice to say I don’t normally read M/M but I’ve recently started branching out with only those authors I know and love and I have to admit, this one got me a little hot under the collar 🥵

Bronson and Jesse together are fantastic and complete opposites in certain areas. I loved both characters as well as their backstories. I’m so excited for the direction of this series and I’m squealing inside at my excitement for Damage next🤩

A must read story of second chances and redemption❣️ I received an advanced copy and willingly leave my honest review❤️
4 reviews
March 27, 2023
Let me preface by saying this is the first M/M novel I not only liked, but loved. I gave up trying to read them years ago. Every M/M book I read previous to Bronson lacked emotional depth, a connection between characters, and chemistry. In essence, they had nothing that makes a ROMANCE novel! However, Rie nailed it.

I love that the novel jumps right in and hooks you immediately. Character building was done very well and you really feel the turmoil they are experiencing. Bronson was an emotional journey, but it also kept me laughing.

In a nutshell, Bronson was fun, emotional, amusing, and sexy.

Can’t wait for the next journey!

I received an ARC of Bronson and this is my voluntary review of the novel.
Profile Image for Cali Gal’s.
1,112 reviews140 followers
April 14, 2023
I love this author. I think I’ve read all her books. The story lived up to my expectations and then threw in a few surprises along the way. It’s dark, sexy and even wonderfully funny at times.

It truthfully is some MM fineness. Bronson is our dark mafia enforcer who is oh so Nummy. He definitely is definitely a bit of a tortured soul coming from an upbringing of narrow mindedness. Because of this, he had to go out on his own, still a child and make tough choices to survive.

Jesse oh I love him even more. Squeal. He is kind, sweet, funny, and cares for animals which makes him perfection in my book. He feels so real to me and his interactions with Bronson are to die for. Swoon.

Bronson and Jesse have some of the most amazing interactions together. What’s the troupe I keep hearing about? Oh yeah, an Insta love telling. This is that but in amazingly believable way. Wink.

Did I mention this book was Naughty? Mmmm. Yes, this book brings on some sexy MM interactions. Woo hoo let’s just say I learned some things. Hee hee. Yes, it also has all the intensity that this author is known for. So good. Happy Reading Everyone! XOXO
Profile Image for TaurReads.
135 reviews2 followers
April 16, 2023
Really great book. I haven’t read the other books in the series, but it wasn’t difficult to follow along.

Bronson and Jesse are polar opposites. Each hurting in their own way, but Bronson had really been through it. Both characters were well written. Bronson being my favorite.

This book is long. I mean long! I felt a good bit could have been left out as there are repetitive moments. For me, those moments made it difficult to stay engaged.

Things pick up in a major way about half way through. Definitely stick with it.

There’s humor, action, steam, and some darkness there. The darkness (to me) is what I consider “dark-lite to dark-moderate” lol. My tolerance for “dark” reads is really high though.

Overall a great book.

Profile Image for Ashley Carr, LSoR.
4,308 reviews49 followers
April 16, 2023
I loved this story centered around Bronson and Jesse. I didn’t realize that this book was almost 600 pages I was that captivated by the writing and the story. Bronson and Jesse are damaged and broken in their own ways and it could end their relationship before it has a chance to begin. Jesse, it is a scorned ex that doesn’t want to let him go, but for Bronson is much more dangerous. Can they help heal each other?
4,772 reviews18 followers
April 10, 2023
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.

Wow, I absolutely loved reading this book it was mesmerising, the story was captivating and the characters were really sensational. This story was about Bronson and Jesse, Bronson is in the Mafia, he is a killer never wanting to settle down because of his job. Bronson herd about this beautiful man. Jesse doesn't want any one night stand he wants his forever, Bronson kept asking him too go out and finally he said yes to Bronson. It was a slow steam working it's way to a sizzle, there were twist and turns, action, secrets, enemies, anger, fear, pain. When Bronson wanted to pass on the business he had a meeting unfortunately they became ambushed, he just needs to survive so he can go home and continue with his plan with Jesse.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Shannon Godwin.
2,336 reviews23 followers
April 16, 2023
So when I signed up for this book, I did not realize it was a MM book. I don’t read this kinds of books (not judging those who do). I love this authors writing in the past and she did not disappoint. Great work.
Profile Image for Chris.
1,523 reviews11 followers
April 10, 2023
Bronson story is dark, edgy MM romance and fits right in with the rest of O’Sullivan Brother’s series.
Bronson and Jesse could not be more different from their outward appearances but deep down they are both damaged in their own way and both carry their own baggage that comes back to interfere in their relationship when they least expect it. For Jesse, is it a scorned ex who doesn’t want to let him go but for Bronson is it so much more dangerous especially for Jesse who he has promised to protect.
I enjoyed the characters and the storyline, however, I thought the book seemed a bit long and seemed to drag out in a few places but overall it is definitely worth reading especially if you are a fan of this series.

711 reviews3 followers
April 10, 2023
Bronson is the fourth book in the O'Sullivan Brothers Series. This was a great read. I hate coming in in the middle or at the end of a series. I feel like I miss so much. I will have to read the first three books in the series. Before I read this book again.

Profile Image for Dawn Rhea.
17 reviews12 followers
Wow

Seriously, this whole series is amazing and I have to stop reading them so quickly. Gawd Bronson and Jesse are fire. Just read this whole series.

PS About Damage...Lol
4,836 reviews28 followers
March 17, 2023
Bronson and Jesse sizzle with heat, their worlds apart but neither can deny the pull towards each other, but Bronsons world puts Jesse in the path of danger, can they both survive. well written steamy MM mafia romance.

Profile Image for Taylin Clavelli.
Author 12 books9 followers
April 18, 2023
Reviewed for Love Bytes – 3 Hearts.
Bronson, a warrior for the Irish Mafia, is a survivor with secrets. Jesse owns an animal shelter. Both have friends, but they crave a family. Bronson needs to protect, and Jesse needs to feel safe. So, sparks soon fly when Bronson’s boss suggests he checks out the young man at the shelter. The question is whether the past will ruin their future.
Bronson is book five in the O’Sullivan Brothers series and can be read as a standalone. Also, it proves there’s a book for every mood and occasion. This is a must-read if you’re after something to spice up an afternoon or evening – or hell - if you’re just plain horny. However, if you pick up this book from the blurb hoping for an in-depth mafia-based thriller where love is on the line, you may be a little disappointed.
The story is told in the first person with named chapters from the viewpoints of Bronson and Jesse. Worldbuilding is detailed but specific. What I mean by that is that the O’Sullivan operations are glossed over, but every sex scene or dramatic incident is described down to each thrust. Kudos to the author for not holding back on some of the less tasteful aspects of the story. Uncensored internal ramblings are often said aloud, e.g. ‘I want you, so I’m going to tell you’, made for a refreshing up-front story where angst didn’t last long. The light and airy banter-filled start made for some lovely amusing times. A favorite part was that the mafia women were just as armed and ruthless as the men.
Essentially, Bronson is a sexual book with pockets of drama. Bronson is a highly domineering, jealous, demanding character that many may find OTT and overbearing. His moods can turn on a hatpin. Then again, given his past, it is no wonder he is always on the lookout. Nevertheless, there is always someone for everyone, and Jesse seems to be it for Bronson. Jesse, though, isn’t wholly submissive. He has kinks and ways of dealing with Bronson. He loves his furry critters, and the animal within Bronson.
The pockets of drama include grief, vandalism, assault, kidnapping, and family incidents. All of this shows how ruthless the underworld can be, and how the mafia families care for their own. As already mentioned, the book is sexually based. And for a 584-page tale of two-thirds sex – the amount of steam is guaranteed to stir the most dormant of libidos.
I have rated this book three hearts because while the sex is off the charts, Bronson is still an entertaining romp of a tale of more sex than story. I prefer sex to complement a story, not be the story. That being said, the pockets of drama are emotional and action-packed, and every book has its place in a library. This one’s on the top shelf to be brought out on special occasions – earmarked with your favorite ‘action’.
This book was provided free in exchange for a fair and honest review for
Love Bytes.
70 reviews3 followers
April 30, 2023
5 Stars!!
Holy moly. I was so nervous I wouldn't like this because I usually only read MM in very short novellas. Let's just say, damn I was wrong. Very, very wrong. This is now in my top 5 of the year so far, if not in first place.
This is gonna be a longer review than usual because this book deserves that.

The characters:

Jesse Dahl is the owner of The Dogfather, an animal shelter his uncle left him. He's a sweetheart, funny, caring, and an animal lover, but very cautious with his heart and feelings. Jesse's going through a hard time after his only family, his uncle Rhys who raised him, passed away, while at the same time trying his best to upgrade The Dogfather and battling with feeling lonely.

Bronson Cruz is a "soldier" for the O'Sullivan's, the Irish mafia. He's gruff, cold, distant and has a truckload of past and present secrets and shame. But what he doesn't show is just how lonely he is too, with a chip on his shoulder and heavy baggage to carry all on his own.

The Story:

After a particularly lonely Thanksgiving, Bronson's boss/sorta friend, Dex convinces him to go to The Dogfather because he thinks Bronson will like the owner, Jesse. And let's just say, he sure did. A lot. The problem? Jesse's doing all he can to make the big mafia man/viking god (his words, not mine) go away since Jesse's terrified of Dex and anyone involved to do with him. But our Bronson is a persistent man. He knows what he wants and goes after it.
And eventually, he does get it. From there on I won't say much, so as to not spoil it and ruin your fun, but I will say, THE PLOT TWISTS go crazy. I was not expecting it at all.

So all in all, this was super fun and captivating, and I should know since I have been having issues reading longer books because I lose all interest, but I sure didn't on this one. It's the perfect balance between everything I need in a longer book. The spice was IMMACULATE, the plot twists were insanely well done, the cutesy moments, the sad ones, the side characters, the character development, the text messages (wink, wink), absolutely everything pulled me into this story like no other this year has done. And I loved it!!
One thing I can say though is if you haven't read the other books in this series before this one you might get confused by the sheer amount of side characters and remembering their names, relationships and connections. But I was able to get over that pretty quickly, so it wasn't a deterrent to the rating of this book or my enjoyment of it.

This is the fourth installment in The O'Sullivan Brothers series, and next is Damage's book! I'm so freaking excited for that one! Btw's, since they also appear in this series, the Krasnov Brothers also have their own books (3).
I'd never read from this author before, but that's certainly gonna change since I'm gonna absolutely devour the previous books in this series.

Profile Image for Anij.
821 reviews7 followers
April 18, 2023
“Without a doubt, Bronson Cruz had turned my life upside-down…”

I knew from the prologue this book was going to be different and I was correct. This is not a typical mafia romance nor is it a typical gay romance. It’s a unique and highly enjoyable blending of the two. Bronson is so not like any other gay hero I’ve ever read. He’s a strong, confident, very dominant top, a mafia soldier, who’s so much an alpha male that Jesse has trouble believing he’s not straight. Bronson and Jesse have instant chemistry, despite Jesse’s attempts to deny it. Watching him trying to resist Bronson’s determined courtship was very entertaining.

There is so much plot here. At almost 600 pages, nothing feels rushed or glossed over. And so many twists and turns. Some I saw coming and some floored me with shock. Don’t read any reviews with spoilers. You want to be surprised, I promise.

One of the best parts of this book was the ensemble supporting cast: the O’Sullivan brothers (especially Dex), the wives and girlfriends, Bronson’s bff Damage, Jesse’s bff Derek, Holly, the owner of the boxing studio, a plethora of furry critters, and more. I’ve never read any prior books by Rie but I was easily able to get to know everyone and never felt confused or lost. That being said, I am incredibly interested in reading the prior books in this series now as well as the Krasnov series books. I am also looking forward to the next book in the series. This is a wonderful world she’s created.

Word of warning, this is a very explicit book with a lot of hot, steamy scenes. There are also numerous painful scenes with potential triggers so if you need a list of warnings this might not be the best choice, especially since listing the potential triggers is also a huge spoiler. As I said before, you do not want any hints about the surprises. It’s too much fun not knowing.
Profile Image for Esther.
282 reviews2 followers
April 24, 2023
4.5 🌟 Combustible, not a fairytale romance with HEA

Bronson was a surprised addition to Rie’s Irish mob series. So expected Damage next. It’s not a fairytale MM romance, it’s dark and at times I thought my kindle would combust. There are numerous triggers with an intense MM relationship so make sure it’s your ‘cup of tea’ as a friend of mine says before you delve in.
The best scene in this book is how Bronson and Jesse are introduced. Dex is convinced they are made for each other but fears that Bronson will hurt Jesse and subsequently upset his wife Ivy who is a dear friend of Jesse. So he is matchmaking but at the same time threatening to end Bronson. This reoccurs many times during the story. Dex is very protective of Jesse.
I was totally charmed by how Bronson wooed Jesse. Who knew the enforcer could be so sweet. And so PROTECTIVE!!! No guy (or gal) better get to close to Jesse.
Jesse is sweet, kind and innocent just the kind of person I imagine running the Dogfather animal shelter. He has no clue that Ivy is married into the mob. He just knows her husband Dex is a scary dude, and Bronson is so much more scarier. He’s not sure he should let someone like that into his life.
These two are polar opposites and come from dramatically different backgrounds it’s hard to imagine them together, but they fit.
This is not a fairytale romance. There are dark things, secrets that most do not know, in Bronson’s life that threaten everything he is building. But with the support of the O’Sullivan brothers and the Russian’s, we can’t forget them, Bronson and Jesse get their HEA.
I really loved the this storyline. The only reason it’s not my favorite is it long which is mostly driven by the numerous romantic encounters.
390 reviews3 followers
April 11, 2023
4.5 stars! This is what romance is made of.....

Bronson is the fourth installment in the O'Sullivan Brothers Series and can be read as a standalone.
This is the first M/M romance that felt really like a romance than every other I had read before and, as Rie got us used to, intense, angsty, very emotional and with good moments of fun or we weren't talking about the O'Sullivan family.

It started with a levity I wasn't expecting, an exercise in matchmaking that went well, good perspectives and two very different individuals, it might seem, that came to be by suggestion, living in a realm of circumstances that could very well be the same.
Fighting demons of the past and dealing with its aftermath, Bronson and Jesse recognized themselves in each other, a mafia man and comonner, experienced the same, felt the same and knew of the same things, in different geographies and backgrounds.
They could be worlds apart, but weren't so different after all, except for the fact of the means to protect themselmes and fight their predicaments.

Bronson was a defender through and through, possessive without being controling, a true gentleman, I might say. He knew what he wanted and went for it, dominant, but never overwhelming and sooo sweet when he needed to be!
Jesse was sensitivity and reason, very reserved and guarded, but once he opened his heart to the good that awaited him, he soared. Together they were complete.

The narrative flowed steady and direct, if it weren't some detours here and there that, IMO, slowed the pace of the story and the reader's attention, making for a bit of effort to get on route without losing perspective.

As great tale, as usual!
Profile Image for Joy  Avery.
1,147 reviews88 followers
Rating: ☆☆☆☆ Spice: 🌶🌶🌶

Angst: 💔💔💔

Cliffhanger? ❌️

Do I recommend it? ✅️

Tropes: dark romance, Irish mafia, Opposites Attract, MM romance

Bronson Cruz was drawn to Jesse Dahl, which led him to see him to begin with, which could be the dumbest thing Bronson has done. Jesse's only mission seemed to be saving unwanted and wounded animals. Bronson is a killer for the O'Sullivan mafia. He takes what he wants and then walks away without looking back. He doesn't want to feel a connection or fall in love. Especially not with Jesse. He's too young and innocent. Bronson's secrets can't be known. Jesse finds it incredibly hard to get rid of Bronson. He's very gorgeous but lethal. Bronson is not a good guy, but he's good to Jesse. He knows he'll only get hurt. Secrets kill, and Bronson's could get Jesse killed. He has two outcomes. He can get killed or fall desperately in love.

I seem to have a running theme in my latest reviews, so I'll say again. Why has it taken me so long to read this author? For the most part, I loved this book. It was a little long, so I got bored a couple of times. Overall, it was entertaining with two heartwarming characters with realistic growth. Their connection was full of ooey gooey deliciousness, and I loved them. Their story tweaked my emotions quite a bit, but it was definitely worth it in the end. I highly recommend this read. This is my honest opinion, freely given.
Profile Image for Joelle.
1,420 reviews17 followers
April 16, 2023
We got to say this was one hot read. Jesse and Bronson together were explosive just like their chemistry. Fan worthy moments for sure. The characters were awesome we love those mob guys with their ribbing and fussing with each other and then you have the Derry & Damage drama that makes you laugh out loud. each and every time.

Bronson is protective and possessive and we loved that side of hims especially when it comes to Jesse probably because it seemed so out of character for him. Loved how he was with his daughter Anne Marie just heart melting. Make no mistake we may have seen a softer side to him but, that man is down right dangerous.

Jesse was just a sweetheart. We found him to be funny and vulnerable and just an all around nice guy. Even though he was the complete opposite of Bronson they were so good and cute together. They sizzled together in and out of bed and had so much passion between them. If we weren't already in love with Jesse from the beginning the moment we met him we were head over heels once we were introduced to his menagerie of pets. Got to love a man with such a big heart. What a softy!

Overall we loved this current tale a page turner for us. The story was filled with tons of suspenseful secrets, regrets and love and romance. Both men have pasts and both have regrets and they deserve to be happy for all they have endured but, it seems that their road to a happily ever after they had to endure one bumpy ride that took some twists and turns.

Bronson is not alone on his journey anymore he has a large extended family and they are just as dangerous and fearless as he is...
Profile Image for Emi Rose.
33 reviews
April 7, 2023
I enjoyed this book for the most part. My main issue with it is that it was a bit too long. I did like that we got to see Jesse and Bronson’s relationship develop, but it felt like there were multiple long stretches where it was nothing but that. It was as if the plot had been forgotten and then it would get picked back up and we would be back into the main part of the story. In some ways, it felt like there were two different books happening in one.

The main problem with this is that it took a lot of urgency out of the story and made it hard to feel as strongly when events happened. For instance, we find out about Bronson’s past and meet Franco and then by the time that plotline picks back up, I had almost forgotten it was something important and I felt as if that took some of the importance out of the event. This book would have benefited from like 100 pages short.

But I did like all the characters and they were mostly pretty fleshed out. There were quite a lot of characters, so the fact that the author generally made them feel distinct from one another was impressive.

Profile Image for Cathy Brockman.
Author 5 books92 followers
April 15, 2023
This book is very long. It started out a bit slow but was pretty intriguing.
It did build a very good picture of the settings, some background snd the characters. I mean a cute redhead that runs a shelter called the Dogfather and a super hunky mafia soldier that works hard to win over the cutie? Yeah it’s gotta be good.
Also it’s sorta slow burn with major sexual tension then boom those flames ignite and it’s a wonder the pages don’t catch fire!
I do like the duel POV but there is some repetition like the last part of the previous chapter being repeated in the beginning of the next just in the opposite character’s POV… in exact wording so it’s like reading it twice….BUT stick with it.
About 45 percent in thinks really get moving. There is a big twist, secrets revealed and a few of the best lines! I wish I had gotten permission to share a couple of these quotes.
The plot is very good, the story is really good, both Bronson and Jesse are intriguing characters.
Add in cute animals an adorable 4-year old with a lisp, hot Mafia men…and their women, twists, and sizzling hot man-love you got a great read… just set aside plenty of time!
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
11.4k reviews150 followers
April 12, 2023
I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of M/M romance because in my eyes, a lot of them lack an emotional component that I love in my books but that's just me. That being said, I LOVED this M/M romance as I did feel an emotional connection not to mention, these two damaged men turned out to have some sweet underneath all the chaos. See, Bronson is a killer for the O'Sullivan mafia so he's a tad bit dark, however, feeling something for Jesse, who is also a tad bit dark with some issues of his own that actually provided some angst to everything on top of the kicker of sweet. These two have the sparks flying, but obviously Bronson is part of a dark & chaotic world providing some twists & betrayal so is Jesse really suited for this world?! And/or can Bronson keep him safe from his world?! This story was an addictive page turner that I couldn't get enough of, but I would expect nothing less from this brilliant author so I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Profile Image for Taya.
493 reviews43 followers
April 15, 2023
I will preface this review but say I didn't read the previous books. However, after reading this book, I think it can be read as a standalone. I tend to read books out of order, especially when the events in each book are not connected. More importantly, I prefer to read mm romance over mf. Bronson's introduction in this book hooked me like he hooked Jesse. This one caught my attention as someone who shies from reading anything near 600+ pages. I enjoyed all the time I spent reading this one. It was funny, sweet, and steamy. This book steamed a little too much toward the end, and sometimes, a cuddle and light petting would be enough for me. Overall, good vibes.

Profile Image for Amber.
1,361 reviews5 followers
April 17, 2023
I loved Bronson by Rie Warren. It's the fourth book in the O'Sullivan Brothers series and the first about a gay couple. The other stories are between MF pairings. This is my first time reading a book by this author. I loved how Bronson wouldn't take no for an answer and proved to Jesse that he was worth getting to know as he worked around The Dogfather animal shelter. Jesse's a lovable character, bright, bubbly, flirty, naughty, and kinky. Bronson makes Jesse feel safe, which he needs with his stalker ex. Bronson is possessive but not in an abusive way. I loved watching Jesse as he dealt with all of Bonson's secrets concerning his past and job, including his adorable daughter Anna-Marie.

470 reviews2 followers
April 11, 2023
I absolutely love this book. To be honest if you're going to twist my arm and make me pick a favorite out of the series this one is it by far. I love this storyline of this series. It grabs my attention before I have even finished the first chapter and then unfortunately I sit there and binge read the whole book I always say I'm going to take it slow I'm going to savor this book it never happens. I fell in love with the charters in this book., I love the way this author builds her characters for us. For me they come to life in my mind as I read there story. I feel like I'm sitting there watching there life story.
This series is absolutely fantastic and I can't recommend it enough.
Profile Image for Wendy Livingstone.
15.1k reviews150 followers
April 14, 2023
This is the fourth book in this incredible series, and this is Bronson and Jesse’s story. Bronson is the tough enforcer for the O’Sullivan mafia, and his friend Dex is playing matchmaker, and is encouraging him to get to know Jesse. Jessie is kind, caring, and the owner of an animal shelter. These two are complete opposites, but they complement each other perfectly. This is a well written story which is action packed, emotionally charged, and with secrets, romance, drama, redemption, second chances, and love, which leads to an unpredictable, realistic, entertaining, and steamy addictive page turner.
I look forward to reading more from this talented author whose work I highly recommend.
Profile Image for SBee Reviews.
2,279 reviews66 followers
April 28, 2023
★ “Honestly, Jesse? I’m waiting for you to break me apart.” ★

—>>> Loved Bronson and Jesse’s story as we follow the instant attraction, the extended wooing, the sizzling-hot as well as vulnerable moments they share, and the drama from both their pasts making themselves known as they give their relationship a chance. The support of Bronson’s peeps are second to none, and the pace is perfect as their tale unfolds!
8,737 reviews100 followers
April 14, 2023
I've read several books written by Rie Warren; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

This is the fourth book in the O’Sullivan Brothers Series; it is a stand-alone book. The story is about Bronson & Jesse.

4,873 reviews28 followers
3.5 Stars

While I found the character work and story line to be well written and entertaining, I had a hard time connecting to the characters.

Profile Image for Cynthia Brooks.
1,745 reviews10 followers
April 18, 2023
Bronson doesn't do relationships, then he meets Jesse and things change. He realize that he wants more with Jesse. Jesse is afraid to get in a relationship with Brandon but knows he won't be able to stop himself. I really enjoyed this book.

Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.