Start by marking “Gadis Korek Api” as Want to Read:
Gadis Korek Api

Gadis Korek Api

copy editor: Jia Effendie

Seorang gadis miskin berjalan bertelanjang kaki sambil menjajakan korek apinya di malam tahun baru yang beku bersalju. Dia menyalakan sebatang korek api … sebuah perapian muncul di hadapannya. Apinya yang merah kebiruan menghangatkan kakinya yang kebas.

Gadis Korek Api adalah satu dari sepuluh dongeng karya Hans Christian Andersen yang dikumpulkan d
Published April 2011 by Penerbit Atria (first published December 1st 1845)

To ask other readers questions about Gadis Korek Api, please sign up.
Bileoko
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Gadis Korek Api
Ahmad Sharabiani
Den Lille Pige Med Svovlstikkerne = The Little Match Girl, Hans Christian Andersen

The Little Match Girl is a short story by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen. The story, about a dying child's dreams and hope, was first published in 1845. It has been adapted to various media, including an animated short film, a television musical, and an animated virtual reality story called "Allumette".

On a cold New Year's Eve, a poor, young girl tries to sell matches in the street. She is already
Muhtasin Oyshik
The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen

It's a fairytale about a dying girl's dreams and hope. Christian Andersen beautifully brings out the life of an underprivileged child. It was really an emotional read.

Heart-wrenching story.
Peter
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
What a sad and melancholic fairy tale. A little girls is standing forlorn outside a building trying to sell matches. She doesn't sell anything but starts seeing beautiful things when she lights up a match. Will there be a happy ending? Well, Charles Dickens couldn't have written this story in a better way. What a haunting atmosphere. If you are looking for a great story for the season than you have found it. An absolute classic and highly recommended! ...more
Duane
If there is a more heart wrenching story in all of literature, then you will have to show me, because I don't believe there is. ...more
Sheri
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sad tale in which hopes and dreams are realized only through the finality of earthly existence and the beginning of a heavenly salvation.
Melki
Man, did my mother ever hate reading this one to me, but I couldn't get enough of it!

Mom wanted so much to send me off to sleepyland with only smiley tales of princesses in frilly gowns who had happily-ever-afters, but my inner Wednesday Addams called out for this is dark, twisted tale of a doomed match seller. Perhaps my little girl-self enjoyed the romantic notion of dying alone and unloved on the street, but knowing me, it was probably some sort of schadenfruede. There I was, tucked into my
Carol
First published in 1845.......Yep, 1845, and I'd never even heard of it. Well, take my word for it, this very sad short story of The Little Match Girl will rip your heart right out! ...more
Ines
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this little cute story, day by day a little bit less... my daughter ask me to read it together every night before bedtime, i am learning it by heart.....
we have this paperback edition and she loves to look at the drawings.

Calista
This is a story set on New Years Eve. It’s a very sad story. It actually made my nephew very sad. He felt for this girl. The Niece thought it was sad as well, but it didn’t seem to affect her as much. There is no happy ending in some ways. Jerry set this story in NYC in what looks like the early 1900s or so.

The girl seems invisible to others. No one notices her. She looks homeless and they are almost invisible to us in some ways. There must be a link there. At least the girl is comforted in dea
Dem
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful but heartbreaking Christmas tale. Some books are worth re-reading every year no matter how old you get.
Fares
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What kinda twisted human being wrote this for kids!

It's storytime!
I loved this book as a kid, I loved it so so much! The funny thing is I don't remember reading it but I remember holding it, I remember carrying it everywhere and I remember wishing that people talked to me about it because I didn't know what to make of that ending! I remember having to write something for school and I chose that as an excuse to bring this book with me, I remember bringing out of my school bag and then putting bac
Starjustin
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful story when looked at with a positive thought. Loved this book and would highly recommend it for all to take the time to read.
Mischenko
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully written Christmas book for children, yet so sad. It's still one of our Christmas favorites. ...more
Bionic Jean
The Little Match Girl or in a literal translation "The little girl with the matchsticks", is a short story by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, which was first published in 1845.

Illustration by Hans Christian Andersen's original illustrator, Vilhelm Pedersen

The story starts on a bitterly cold New Year's Eve, as a poor little girl wanders the streets barefoot, trying to sell matches. She doesn't want to go home without having sold any, for fear her father might beat her. She sits down i
Rebbie
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, favorites
Wow, does this little book pack a punch. It only took a few minutes to read and absorb, but I'll spend a lifetime thinking about it. ...more
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
I simply cannot bring myself to rate this.
It's one of those bedtime stories from my childhood, that were read to me repeatedly, and that stayed carved in my memory for good.

Only, this particular one is kind of an issue for me.
When you're a kid - three or four years old - you're bound to enjoy the numerous fairy tales, and think about... well, fairies, and princes, and frogs, and villains, and magic, and God knows what else. And it's great. Almost everything is great at that age, but still...

Anyw
Diane in Australia
This is one of those Christmas stories that will rip your heart out.

One of the books in my daughter's Christmas collection.

5 Stars = For sentimental reasons.
Jessaka
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
It is 22 degrees outside and frost is on the ground. Winter has finally arrived. I am sitting in the living room reading Christmas stories, and my husband just lit up our woodstove for the first time this year. The little match girl is trying to sell matches as she is wandering around the streets in the snow in her bare feet.

This is not what I had expected. While it was a wonderful story, it was also a heart wrenching one. By evening the match girl had not sold even one match and feared going h
Mohsin Maqbool
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HANS Christian Andersen writes beautiful fairy/folk tales. Not all of them have "she/they lived happily ever after" endings. However, they have realistic endings which is what exactly make them all the more beautiful.
"The Little Match Girl" is a tale about a poor little girl trying to sell matches so as to make a living. She is doing so on a freezing winter night. She is without a sweater or a jacket or a woolen coat to keep herself warm.
Not a single person feels sorry for her and buys any of h
Manny
I think I first read it, in English, when I was about seven, but I only just got around to looking at the Danish original. If it doesn't bring tears to your eyes, then your heart is truly of stone. ...more
Ladan
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

THIS BOOK IS GONNA RUIN UR KIDS....Holy crap, what the hell is a poor kid supposed to learn from this story?? I still remember when I was 5 and how devastated I felt...
Stina
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how it is in your country, but in Sweden, you grow up with, whether you like it or not, two different authors: Astrid Lindgren and H.C Andersen. You don't have a choice. You'll see all the Lindgren movies, and Pippi Longstocking will be read to you (at least) twice before you can even walk. You'll fall asleep to The Princess And The Pea, and you'll cry when you see one of those animated versions of The Ugly Duckling. You'll quote a character from Emil i Lönneberga daily, and you'll ...more
Ahmed  Ejaz
===========
3 STARS (~__~)
===========
I was feeling very pity for the protagonist while reading this. This was one of the saddest short story I have ever read.

*BRIEF OVERVIEW
This is the story of a poor girl who is trying to sell matches at the last day of the year (obviously it is very cold). She has nothing to cover her from cold and her slippers has been lost also. She takes refuge between the space of two houses. As she is feeling very cold so, she lights a match to seek warmth. Every time she
Sadia Mansoor
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Such a sad, heart - breaking ending... wasn't expecting it :'( ...more
Dhanaraj Rajan
A Short Story for Christmas.

The ending is not that joyful. But the story is very moving. Loved it.
Andd Becker
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lest you forget the weather on the last night of the year, in one version of the tale, the word "cold" appears eight times, and in another version, nine times.
You might enjoy learning that the sound of a striking match is "Rischt!"
You will certainly NOT enjoy the ending of this atypical fairy tale. Or maybe you WILL, if you feel schadenfreude (enjoying another person's misfortune).
Study the story for themes and symbols. Then retell the story, in your own words, with a villain, a plot, and a hap
Carrie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gg, christmas, classics, death
I have read this many many times, I am surprised I have yet to add it to gr.
Stephan
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
Sad, real, appalling; in this fairy tale Andersen’s criticism is aimed at the harshness of the adults towards a little girl who was selling matches in order to survive the harsh winter in Denmark. I shed tears in this heartbreaking and tragic story. Parents should approach this story carefully. Be ready with the handkerchief.
Agnieszka
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firefighters' prayer : praised be Saint Florian and the little match girl.
Jocking aside. This story broke my heart and was one of the major (reading) traumas of my childhood.

In the cold and gloom a poor little girl, bareheaded and barefoot, was walking through the streets.

Ken
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't expecting this Tale to be so sad! ...more
The Readers Revie...: December 2020 - Short Stories - The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen 15 26 Dec 19, 2020 09:02AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 16 Dec 03, 2017 03:17PM

• Snow White
  • The Wolf and the Seven Little Goats
  • The Five Boons of Life
  • A Christmas Dream
Hans Christian Andersen (often referred to in Scandinavia as H.C. Andersen) was a Danish author and poet. Although a prolific writer of plays, travelogues, novels, and poems, Andersen is best remembered for his fairy tales. Andersen's popularity is not limited to children; his stories — called eventyr, or "fairy-tales" — express themes that transcend age and nationality.

Andersen's fairy tales, whi