Start by marking “Slow Burn (The Fitzgerald Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slow Burn (The Fitzgerald Family, #1)

Slow Burn

(The Fitzgerald Family #1)

She doesn’t want to deal with the past...

Ten years ago, Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed the death of her parents in a tragic fire and blocked the memory. She pretends to have moved on, is a successful artist and photographer, until the morning she opens her door to a stranger she assumes is a model and asks him to strip to his briefs .

He wants to expose the truth....

W
Published May 1st 2011 by Firetrail Publishing (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Slow Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Burn

Start your review of Slow Burn (The Fitzgerald Family, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Se by sb_zpswntmk2ij.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/28/2016)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
She doesn t want to deal with the past...

Ten years ago, Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed the death of her parents in a tragic fire and her mind blocked the memory. She pretends to have moved on, is a successful artist and photographer, until she opens her door to a stranger, assumes he s a model and asks him to strip to his briefs.

He plans to expose the truth...

Wealthy businessman Ron Noble has the body, the jet, the fast cars and th
Alp
May 30, 2016 marked it as lost-interest
The story moved very slowly. I was at 30% and there was not much happening. So enough for now. I'll probably get back to it one day.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 Stars!

This was a great mystery novel with a side of romance. Ashley Fitzgerald lost her parents to a fire when she was 15. She hasn't been able to remember what happened that night but is still haunted by the events years later. Ron Noble lost his father to the same fire. He has been receiving mysterious notes implying the fire was no accident and leading him on a path to find the truth. One of the names listed in the letters is Ashley.

For a mystery novel this had everything you can love. I
Emily
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
In preparing to write this review, I had a moment of confusion. Did I really read the same book as everyone else? Was my $.99 Kindle purchase some how missing all the pleasing attributes that other Goodreads reviewers wrote about? Am I a total book snob? Not sure of the answers to those questions...but I am sure that I was disappointed in this book. The thought of finding a new series to add to my list was exciting. I was sure I found another series (a la Nora Roberts trilogy style) to sink my t ...more
April
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
RATIN: 4.5)SLOW BURN by E.B. Walters is an exciting romantic thriller.It is the first in "The Fitzgerald Family" series. The plot is well written with twists and turns,The characters are engaging,believable,and will capture your heart. It has arson,murder,mystery,erotica paintings,romance, electrifying sex scenes,and love. This is a love story that is not only forged by fire,but by desire and passion. Ashley Fitzgerald,is a talented and successful artist/photographer who witnessed her parents de ...more
Leagh
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed her parent's death by fire 10 yrs ago and doesn't remember a thing. She has moved on, or so she thinks, until Ron Noble steps into her life and makes her wonder, what exactly she saw that night. Ron has everything, including a huge secret. He has approached Ashley hoping to clear his father's name but when things start to heat up between the two of them, the fire 10 yrs ago, will the be least of their concerns.

This story was filled with twists and turns that kept you
Sissy's Romance Book Review
3.5 stars.
'Slow Burn' by E.B. Waters is book one in "The Fitzgerald Family" series. This is the story of Ashley Fitzgerald and Ron Noble. This is also a re-release of this book. Which I had missed this book the first time around so I was glad that they did send it back out again. This was a easy read that for me. But it didn't grip me in or give me an emotional tie to this book as I like. Which is why I put it at 3.5 stars.
Ashley is still getting over a fire that killed her parents when she was
Pamela(AllHoney)
Slow Burn is the first in the Fitzgerald Family series by Ednah Walters. Ashley Fitzgerald lost her parents in a fire 10 years prior and is trying to move on with her life. Ron Noble has been sent letters that indicate the fire was not an accident as reported. He contacts Ashley in hopes of getting information that could help him discover the truth. But Ashley has repressed those memories and doesn't remember. And there are people who want her to continue to forget.

It wasn't a bad read but it st
Isabelle k  ✖️BOOKLOVER
Ok but not enough to truly captivate me
Amanda
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an entertaining romantic suspense that gives me a feeling that I was actually watching a suspense movie. Two likeable leads, fleshed out villains, great supporting characters and an engaging suspense that kept you guessing.

Our heroin, Ashley, lost both her parents ten years ago in a fire in Carlyle House. She was there at the scene, but couldn't recall what she witness during that night. One day, when a man wanted to hire her to paint for his grandmother, she came face to face with Rona
Debbie (Doc)
On her 15th birthday, Ashley Fitzgerald witnessed the murder of her parents. The only problem is that she has blocked all recollection of that fateful night 10 years ago. Now a successful artist, Ashley has chosen to move on with her life with the help of loving family members. She does have some quirky habits that she assumes is due to her parents’ death, such as being in confined spaces and using post in notes in the event that she forgets what she has done.

Ashley has become a successful arti
Toni
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I’m giving “Slow Burn” 4.5 Stars.

A tragic incident from the past brings two people together. One wants to find out the truth from that night and the other wants to move on and forget the ghosts of the past. Neither asked for the circumstances that shaped their lives, but both will persevere and become stronger because of it.

Ashley Fitzgerald has a large loving family, but she is alone. She lost her parents in an awful fire a decade ago. She is only able to remember fragments of that night. It ha
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
DNF@47.6%

I've had enough.

The Romantic Suspense genre in the world of books, is My First Love.

عشق اول من

내 첫 사랑

mon premier amour

私の最初の愛

Special, you know?

I don't wanna offend anyone but this was just . . . shit.
Sorry, not sorry.
Everything here was so forced it's ridiculous.
And I do mean, E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
The plot, the characters, the supposed "chemistry".
*shudder*

So I'm stopping this book here, cause no one wants to see their first love being butchered and burned.
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
OMG! I couldnt put the book down, I became obsessed. It will be hard to start a new book, I'll forever be thinking of Ashley and Ron!!!
Jessica
Apr 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
The plot of this book was intriguing but the hero was kind of a jerk and incredibly insincere. But the real game ender for me was the realization that if I saw the word must one more time I was going to yell and throw my nook at the wall. "I must do this...we must do that" no one talks like that and at least if you're going to make your writing that stiff alternate it with something else. Jesus.
Katrina
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Morgan
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-stars, 3-stars

Slow Burn, the first novel in the Fitzgerald Family series by E.B.Walters, was about Ashley Fitzgerald and Ronald Noble. This companion series has extremely good reviews and ratings. I, however, didn’t get what all the fuss was about. I wasn’t that impressed with this novel. I thought it was okay, but not spectacular.

Something held me back from connecting with the story and the characters on an emotional level. I
Fathima
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG !!! THIS BOOK IS DEFINITELY HOT !!!
WOW , I'd call myself crazy if i were to say this book didnt hit me in the right places ;) !!
I totally loved this book , this was a very good mixture or romance , action and mystery . I could very well say this , it had all the makings of a great hollywood blockbuster . Sophistication , style , panache you name it this book had it all .
I loved the book cover , it was the first thing that got me excited to read this book .
The second , was obviously the sy
Amy
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this book. The characters are well thought out, intriguing, and true to life. Ednah Walters writes a fantastic story, and has written, by leaps and bounds, THE best love-making scene I have ever read in a romance novel, and then supplemented it with three more fairly descriptive accounts throughout the book.

Many Authors have discussed how writing a Romance novel is like following a formula, but I believe Ms. Walters goes above an beyond the romance genre norm and gives us all
Michele(mluker) Luker
Jun 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One word, three syllables.....A...MAZ...ING!!!

Romance and mystery, you just can't get any better....Ashley lost her parents in a fire 10 years ago...Ron lost his father in that same fire. He has been receiving letters making him think that the fire was not an accident. He's on a mission to open the case and find the truth. But one person knows the truth, Ashley. Can he convince her to help? Find out what really happened? Will Ron be able to keep his hands off Ashley? Will Ashley finally trust so
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
I actually enjoyed this read. Nothing that you can complain about this story or unless a little for me.....Always picky or always annoying is what I would call it :) Now I like the characters they connect and when that happens I connect with them.

When Ron and Ashley meet hmm sparks happen and then for me the story flows. You cannot say that it dragged cause really it has flirting, angst, suspense and yes don't forget hot hump scenes that is actually not too over the top. So I like all what th
Tammy
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-books
I.loved.this.book! Passion, mystery, suspense, steamy romance, and lots of twists and turns await you in this book. I won it through a blog contest and am so lucky to have an autographed copy of this amazing book!!! I was drawn in to the story from the very beginning and the characters became very real to me. I couldn't put this book down and I cannot wait to read what's next for Ron and Ashley. Well done Ednah!
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
I loved this book! Loved the characters, the plot line and the writing. This starts out as a who done it with psychological ramifications. The love affair develops slowly as the protagonists cannot fight the relentless draw they feel to each other. Ashley and Ronald will need to come terms with all the lies and misinformation of the last 10 years in order to move on with their lives.

Gripping story full of mystery and passion. A must read!
Awilk -never sleeps-
Ednah Walters is going to be one of my favourite finds of the year. This book had a fast pace, a storyline I haven't already read a thousand times, as well as enough smexy times to make me a happy little romance reader. Enjoyed all the characters, even the villians.
Will be reading more of this series for sure.
Claudine Van
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
Katrina
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tevya
May 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Slow Burn is an adult romance/mystery about Ashley Fitzgerald, a young woman who survived a horrific event as a child. She witnessed the death of her parents by fire, and survived the fire after being rescued by one of the firefighters. As an adult, she has blocked out the events of the fire and has moved on with her life through her art and the support of her family. When Ron Nobel shows up on Ashley’s doorstep, she has no clue as to how her life is about to change. Ron is the son of the firefi ...more
Carly Wallace
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hea y'all Anne here and I've just finished reading Slow Burn by Ednah Walters and here goes. This is definitely an adult book the story line brings several twists and turns that keep the reader interested and coming back for more. The main characters Ron and Ashley have a bond forged by fire, they both suffered a tragic loss 10 years ago when an A list club caught fire and burned. Ron has been coaxed and lured into opening the investigation back up. Clues and trails have lead him to the one pers ...more
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

I am glad I decided to read this book! A friend of mine told me that there are many good reviews for “Slow Burn” so I thought that I should give it a try. To be honest, it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting but I have no complaint because I really enjoyed it!

This is a story of love, loss and revenge. The years ago a mysterious fire killed Ashley’s parents and Ron’s father. Now, both of them have to deal with the
Chris
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ashley Fitzgerald has no memory of the horrific fire she survived while it took the lives of her beloved parents. While the tradegy of her past haunts her she trieds to move on with her life as she becomes a successful artist and photographer.

Ron Noble is a wealthy business man and part time fire fighter. After losing his father to the same fire that claimed Ashley's parents, he searches for the truth behind the cause of the deadly blaze. While keeping a dangerous secret, Ron contacts Ashley in
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Nook books: May 19, 2017 1 1 May 19, 2017 06:46PM

• Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • Emma's Dream (Morgan's Run Romances #1)
  • Beautifully Wounded  (The Beaumont Brothers, #1)
  • Cowboy SEAL Homecoming (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #1)
  • Anchor (First to Fight, #1)
  • Protecting His Cowgirl
  • Burn So Good (Into The Fire, #5)
  • Snowed in With the Rancher
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • Forever Road (Peri Jean Mace, #1)
  • Royal Watch (Royal Watch, #1)
  • Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1)
  • Royal Command (Royal Watch #2)
  • Twin Passions (Captive Brides #1)
  • Fatal Truth (SEALs of Shadow Force #1)
  • Loving Maddie from A to Z
  • Rescued (McKenzie Ridge, #1)
  • Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2)
I write sensual Paranormal and contemporary romance. When not writing, I read. When not reading, I hang out with my family. When not with my family, I'm plotting and writing....it's a vicious cycle.

From the author's website.

The Fitzgerald Family (6 books)
  • Mine Until Dawn (The Fitzgerald Family, #2)
  • Kiss Me Crazy (The Fitzgerald Family, #3)
  • Dangerous Love (The Fitzgerald Family, #4)
  • Forever Hers (The Fitzgerald Family, #5)
  • Surrender to Temptation (The Fitzgerald Family, #6)