Start by marking “Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset” as Want to Read:

Investment Valuation
Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
Valuation is at the heart of every investment decision, whether that decision is to buy, sell, or hold. But the pricing of any financial asset has become a more complex task in modern financial markets. Now completely revised and fully updated to reflect changing market conditions, Investment
Hardcover, Second Edition, 1008 pages
Published February 5th 2002 by Wiley (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Investment Valuation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Investment Valuation

Start your review of Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
Farah
Dec 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Hohoho this book makes me understand especially about sensitivity analysis, beta, and so on...
Still hoping I will got score A for Corporate Valuation hehehe
Ming
Jan 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for the first time when I was a freshman, then again when I was a sophomore, then again when I was a junior/senior. If you are serious about valuation this is a must.
Peter Sinkovec
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damodaran is one of the world's leading experts when it comes to valuation. The book offers a great base for everyone interested in this topic. Besides the book I also highly recommend his NYU lectures. You can find them online. His views are transforming the industry.
ali ghalandari
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally awesome book on the subject. especially if you sum it with the Free video of valuation course on Prof.Damodaran website. there is all material you need for valuation: Video, presentation, question, and instruction on how to implement such a model. Well done professor.
Francisco Becerra
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: professional
An essential for anyone that work in finance; almost a bible by itself. This is an absolute must have.
Thanasak Kriangupatham
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full of examples and deeply explanation. Really recommended but for one who already has background knowledge in finances.
David
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For valuation and finance professionals in general, I read everything Aswath writes. He's right up there with Steven M. Bragg for his field.
Kokopelli's Flute
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Provides in-depth coverage on how to value firms.
Joshua Norman
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business-finance
I read this book for my Graduate Finance Equity Valuation Course.

It was riddled with so many errors I wanted my money back.
Ugo Marsolais
Rafael Noda
Dec 10, 2019

• Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • One Up On Wall Street: How to Use What You Already Know to Make Money in the Market
  • Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Options, Futures and Other Derivatives
  • Margin of Safety: Risk-Averse Value Investing Strategies for the Thoughtful Investor
  • Investments
  • Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts: Essentials for Buy-Side and Sell-Side Analysts
  • Financial Shenanigans: How to Detect Accounting Gimmicks & Fraud in Financial Reports
  • The Great Mental Models: General Thinking Concepts
  • You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits
  • Security Analysis: Principles and Technique
  • The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor
  • The Dhandho Investor: The Low-Risk Value Method to High Returns
  • Lessons in Stoicism: What Ancient Philosophers Teach Us about How to Live
  • Quality of Earnings
  • When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management
Aswath Damodaran is a Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University (Kerschner Family Chair in Finance Education), where he teaches corporate finance and equity valuation. He is best known as author of several widely used academic and practitioner texts on Valuation, Corporate Finance, and Investment Management.