Start by marking “Trammel (Foundations of Magic #2)” as Want to Read:
Trammel (Foundations of Magic #2)

Trammel

(Foundations of Magic #2)

Neither love nor magic comes without cost.

"Foundations of Magic, Book 2"

In the relative security of Atlantic City, Lindsay feels safe for the first time in his life. He and Dane even sneak away from their mage family for the occasional date.

All that ends with the arrival of Noah, whose magic is a pure, wild fire fueled by terrible grief over the loss of his wife. To Lindsa
Published May 24th 2011 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Trammel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trammel

Jenre
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed the first book in this series Tatterdemalion, and I was really looking forward to reading this next book. It's been a whole year since I read Tatterdemalion and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to remember the characters. As it is my worries proved to be groundless as I easily slipped back into the fantasy world created by the authors.

The story begins closely after the end of the previous book. Lindsay, who is a mage with the ability to create elaborate illusions,
Kiki
May 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Disappointing. Basically, two reasons this one didn't do much for me. The first is that I just don't like the addition of another lover to the equation ... it damages the good feelings I had about the original relationship. Secondly, there was too much concentration on a lot of "action"; little of it that truly interested me.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
wont read because i wont read this (view spoiler)
Staceyr
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 for the complexity of the characters and smooth writing--but I didn't enjoy this instillation so much. For one, all the events in this book revolve around rescuing a young female mage--one we never really get to know, whose purpose in all this is never revealed. Most of the focus is on Lindsey and the developing relationship with his new charge. Secondly, I'm not a fan of menage, at all--I don't buy them because hard as I try, I don't see a third strengthening the original relationship. Thou ...more
Gabriel
I had been looking forward to this book since I read the first one in the series, Tatterdemalion.
I loved that book! Simply loved it, because it was so intruging and exciting and new. The love was sweet and slow-paced, had time to become love instead of some fast-paced crush.

Trammel started out good, started out interesting. Started out with Noah, which was alright and then moved to Lindsay and Dane.
When the story started to focus far more on Lindsay and Noah, that was when I started to frown. I
Anita
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Well....I finally finished it! What a ride! I really, really like this sequel to Tatterdemalion. This book continues the journey of Dane and Lindsay. In this story things go terribly wrong leading to Dane's capture by Moore (the evil of all evils!) and introduces us to a new character, Noah. Noah is given to Lindsay by Cyrus. Lindsay is to help Noah learn to control his magic, which is fire. A very volatile magic that can and does lead to a very big "OUCH"! Plus there is a nice romance between L ...more
True
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
*sigh*
Let's see...how can I say this? Okay i liked the book. I did. I really did. I didn't like that Lindsay and Noah hooked up. What was the point of that? if there was going to be some hook up it should have been a slow simmering build. I read a few of the reviews after I read this book and I agree with them. I think it should have just stayed between Lindsay and Dane.
Don't get me wrong I do like poly couples. Heck i have a shelf on my nook full of them lol, but this just didn't work for me.
I
Chris
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very good paranormal m/m romance in which Lindsay is given an emotionally damaged fire mage to train as all of Cyrus' people focus on trying to keep a newly aware mage out of enemy hands. While this is definitely not a cliffhanger, there are still open storylines I'd like to see tied up. A third book, Ternion, is listed on Anah Crow's website without details or dates. ...more
Gwendolyn
May 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Ugh.
Chancey Knowles
3.5 rounded up. I definitely did not think it was as good as the first book, but I still really liked it. I don't really have a problem with the addition of a 3rd into the primary relationship (based on the world the authors created), but I would have preferred more of a merging between the 3. It felt like Dane was missing from too much of the book. I thought the growth of the characters stayed true and was done well. The story had some originality and was interesting, but a lot was left unanswe ...more
Karen
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
this book totally screwed up the basic relationship that made me adore the first book in this series. it didn't seem like much was explained, the world building was sub-par in comparison to tatterdemalion, and i kept getting hung up on things with lindsey's relationship with noah that just did not work for me.

i was left a bit cold, actually.

good descriptive writing, as always, but the story was just wrong, so wrong.

glossedcurls
Jul 25, 2011 marked it as do-not-read
Very disappointed reading the reviews/synopsis for this sequel. I might read the third book, if the reviews/synopsis are favourable.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Beautiful! Yes, there is pain, loss and tragedy but the healing, comfort and belonging makes the rest inconsequential. Lindsay belongs to Dane as Noah belongs to Lindsay. It is as it should be.
Shelley
May 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Under Construction!

F.A.Q.

Do you want to participate in Generic_Author_Event?
Drop me a line, please! If you're looking for a book for donation or a blog post from me, I'm usually cool with that.
Are you going to write a sequel to Some_Book_You_Wrote?
The up front answer is no, unless the book cover indicates that it's part of a series. If there's going to be a sequel to a book, you'll know once I'

Foundations of Magic (2 books)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)