Start by marking “Deadpool Corps - Volume 1: Pool-Pocalypse Now” as Want to Read:
Deadpool Corps - Volume 1: Pool-Pocalypse Now

Deadpool Corps - Volume 1: Pool-Pocalypse Now (Deadpool Corps #1)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  503 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The Deadpool Corps embark on the universe spanning mission that only they can accomplish. Tapped by the Elders of the Universe to gather a crack team of his alternative universe selves for what amounts to an intergalactic suicide mission, Deadpool just can't say no. Enter: Headpool, Kidpool, Dogpool and Lady Deadpool - and it's off to the rescue, right? Not so fast. Turns ...more
Published April 27th 2011 by Marvel (first published October 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool Corps - Volume 1, please sign up.

Evan please post how to read the books because it wont let me read them.HELP?

Aaron
Nov 22, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am frankly amazed that I enjoyed this. I've read a ton of Deadpool lately, and almost without fail it has been terrible. But, as I noted in my review of the Deadpool Corps Prelude, Victor Gischler has managed to create a really interesting, funny team out of these multiverse Deadpools, each with their own distinct, if still Deadpudlian (nice), personalities.

Now, is this book gonna win the famous Pulitzer Prize for Comic Books? No. It's nothing particularly new, plotwise, and in fact just kind
Michael
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
One word describes how bad the art was in this book: ...Leifeld.....

The writing wasn't as good as the other Deadpool series. I laughed at times, chuckled at others. Basically I read it as a space opera spoof. No biggie. But the art... oh dear God.... How do you get past that? Even the fill-in artist on issue 6 was bad (partially because I think he was working off of Leifeld's unfinished page layouts).

Honestly I'm glad I only bought it for $5 at a clearance sale, because this book was barely wor
Ken Moten
So if you ever wondered what it would be like if multiple Deadpools were in one comicbook...here it is! It was decent, but not as good as Deadpool comics I have read before. I do not regret reading it, but i doubt I would read it again. Fun fact: the artist is none other than Deadpool's controversial creator Rob Liefeld. Though it was made in the 2010s, it looks every bit a Liefeld creation--take that as you will.
VampAmber
Quickly reminded why I love Deadpool so damn much. Though he has a bit of a run for his money now, with Lady Deadpool. Oh hell, I love ALL his incarnations! Loved this comic like mad crazy (pun intended). Can't wait to read more. *squee!*
Kevin Giebens
What happens when 5 different Deadpool join to fight a big baddie in space?

Last time, we got introduced to Kid Deadpool (Kidpool), Dog Deadpool (Dogpool) and re-introduced to Lady Deadpool and Zombie Headpool. So it's about time we see them making some trouble/action as a team... As a corps... As the Deadpool Corps!

description

It's best you don't expect the least seriousness or actual emotions you know from the older stories with Deadpool. This is just one ride of craziness, silliness and the most absurd si
Dmitry Yakovenko
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Deadpool Corps, Volume 1 & Volume 2

К превеликому сожалению, "Deadpool Corps" оказался не таким шикарным как "Deadpool: Merc With a Mount", продолжением которого он и является. С другой стороны, это все-таки хороший комикс, да и если его сравнить с "Deadpool Corps Prelude", то он просто великолепный. Это история Корпуса Дэдпула, который был собран для того, что спасти вселенную от ужасной угрозы. Приготовитесь к тому, что это произведение будет больше напоминать не обычные комиксы про суперге
Ondra Král
Feb 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A kandidát na nejhorší deadpoolovskou sérii je...
Gischler je fascinující. Nejdřív napíše rozvleklý příběh se zombí hlavou plný sexismu, který ale má sem tam hezkou scénu/zábavnou hlášku a vaz mu lámala hlavně délka. Pak najednou dostane nápad udělat tým alternativních Deadpoolů a Marvel mu dopřeje ten luxus udělat Prelude a každou postavu ve vlastním sešitě představit (a to se mu opravdu povedlo, bylo to zábavné a já se začal na Corps i docela těšit). A co udělá tady? Vezme tyhle šílené deadpool
Josh
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
OK, so this is not actually the start of the story. There is a prequel volume which I didn't know about and haven't yet read. However, the story is readable without the prequel.

Overall, this was good. The space element is a definite shift from the Deadpool stories I've been reading, but it works - Star Wars and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy references and all. There are really two story arcs here, so it's not as cohesive as it could be, and the tone is a little different than some of the other
B
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
There are a couple of good yuks here.

But a lot of it feels repetitious. Also one of Deadpool's asides captures an obvious flaw in the book: There are actually too many Deadpools. And they're not well differentiated, except for the mildly sexist subplot about Lady Deadpool wanting people to think that she is beautiful. (It used to be that "regular Deadpool" also had a thing about his appearance, but that seems to have passed quietly into the night.)

Also Deadpool is once again more powerful than h
Todd
A lot of people seem to hate this book because of the art. I actually didn't mind Rob here. He's mostly drawing aliens, so his misproportionate bodies bother me far less.

This really is probably a 3.5 star rating. The story is easy enough to read but not overly memorable. The other 'pools are definitely funnier than the original here.
K
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one (read DP Corps prequel, it's so much better)
The art. The "art". THE ART. It really ruins this book. I could not get through the whole run of Deadpool Corps because my eyes wanted to go on strike. Which is a shame because I really loved the idea of it. The plot and writing were decent enough but the art. I just couldn't do it to myself, sorry. I love myself too much for that.
Eli Poteet
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best marvel title I've read in a long ass time. I appreciated the Star Wars references which seemed absolutely appropriate as the story took place in space. The humor was continuously spot on and endlessly enjoyable.
Johan
Haha yeah!! Loving it and how the whole multiverse was handled as well as the universe

Really well done so that everyone had their share of time bieng part of the narrative and can't wait to read the next one

Seriously loved it

Peace out
Willow
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel-comics
I can accept that Deadpool is supposed to be "mature" and "raunchy" but all the obnoxious gender stereotypes around the characterisation of Wanda Wilson (aka Lady Deadpool) just completely turned me off this series.
zxvasdf
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Gischler made the transition from novels to comics, I was skeptical. I laughed through this book, so this means I'm a believer. I've said it, and I'll say it again. I respect the writer who can keep up the craziness in a Deadpool book.

Danny
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-comics
My first foray into Deadpool. The way they took the Alien scooter and then ran leaving the blue guy on the planet cracked me up.
Fatema Meamari
Only issues 1 and 2.
Edmund Davis-Quinn
Good fun. I love the sarcastic humor of Deadpool, and the just bizarre storylines like this one with "the Awareness."

Very clever writing.
Mckinlay
Deadpool has already become one of my favorites. So funny.
Daniel Butcher
The story is pretty blah.

The bad "Blue Meanie" aliens are yellow?

But, there are tons of Sci-Fi movie refrences and who can resist a taco loving anti-hero?
Matt
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
eh.
Dave Neil
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely brilliant way to start off the year!
Sonic
Mar 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as funny as some other recent DEADPOOL books,
but this one was chock full of dumb (college) humor none-the-less.

All the jokes about Hot-Pockets did crack me up!
Non
Feb 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deadpool is crazy. Deadpool in space is crazier.
Janice
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Chris
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun idea but to be honest it was a bit boring
Matt
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deadpool
Really funny and fun stuff. Some of the gags had me literally cackling, and the use of the Champion is great.
Shane Brasher
  • Deadpool: Suicide Kings
  • Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #2
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • Deadpool: The Ones With Deadpool
Victor Gischler is an American author of humorous crime fiction.
Gischler's debut novel Gun Monkeys was nominated for the Edgar Award, and his novel Shotgun Opera was an Anthony Award finalist. His work has been translated into Italian, French, Spanish and Japanese. He earned a Ph.D. in English at the University of Southern Mississippi. His fifth novel Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse was published in
More about Victor Gischler...

Deadpool Corps (3 books)