Jump to ratings and reviews

The Jewish Home: A Guide to the Jewish Holidays and Life Cycles

The Jewish Home explains many of the ?whys? of major Jewish holidays and life-cycle events. The birth of a child, the weeding ceremony, b?nei mitzvah, and Shabbat are only a few of the topics discussed in this work. Readers are provided with Jewish rituals and practices, their symbolism, and their historical and cultural roots. Rabbi Daniel Syme has revised this edition to reflect the changes in Reform Judaism and Jewish life that have occurred since its first publication 15 years ago. He presents clear explanations of traditional and contemporary practices in an easy-to-follow question-and-answer format.

212 pages, Paperback

First published January 1, 1974

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews
5 reviews
July 29, 2022
I purchased this book as a recommendation from my rabbi while I was in the process of conversion to Judaism and I find it very helpful. Really enjoy it!
Profile Image for Michael Doyle.
36 reviews21 followers
July 4, 2011
The question-and-answer nature of this book seemed to cover all the bases (and intuit all of my questions) about Jewish holidays and the Jewish life cycle. Definitely a reference book I want on my Jewish bookshelf.
Profile Image for Jaclyn Goss.
118 reviews4 followers
Currently reading
May 22, 2009
Really great breakdown for someone who knows virtually nothing about a jewish life, so very insightful.
Profile Image for Susan.
1 review1 follower
August 20, 2011
This book was a good overview of Jewish holidays and traditions. I still reference it.
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.