Start by marking “Israelology: the Missing Link in Systematic Theology” as Want to Read:
Israelology: the Missing Link in Systematic Theology

Israelology: the Missing Link in Systematic Theology

One's view of Israel is key in determining one's theology. This groundbreaking study investigates four approaches to the theology of Israel Past, Present and Future, and scrutinizes beliefs that tend to confuse the identities of both Israel and the Church. The Biblical Evangelist called Israelology a "tremendous, masterful book... Amillennialism, postmillennialism and ...more
Hardcover
Published December 31st 1989 by Ariel Ministries Inc

To ask other readers questions about Israelology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Israelology

Start your review of Israelology: the Missing Link in Systematic Theology
Louis Lapides
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must read book for any follower of Jesus who cares what the entire Bible teaches about Israel. Fruchtenbaum deals with all the texts used by Replacement Theologians and does an excellent job refuting the erroneous exegesis of these passages. For any Christian confused about Israel's place in the plan of God along with the church, Israelology is a book that must be read and kept as a reference source. Two thumbs up!!!
Cristy
Jan 16, 2010 is currently reading it
This book is Amazing!! Arnold is the greatest scholar in Judaism today. Be prepared for a mega dose of illumination.
G Walker
I had this as a required text at seminary, and for the longest time, this text was the sole reason I remained a dispensationalist... I actually had to write a summary of the book in its entirety... And reread it again for "fun" for another class. After my time at seminary, I reread it two more times, once while trying hard to maintain my dispensationalism and again, after I had moved away from it.
I have taken a couple classes under Dr. Fruchtenbaum. Smart little guy. If you buy into the
Tim Chaffey
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding. A thorough examination of the ways in which various Christians view Israel in Scripture. More specifically, Fruchtenbaum provides an in-depth analysis of how three aspects of Israel (Israel Past, Israel Present, and Israel Future) are understood according to those who hold to Covenant Theology (this he breaks into Covenant Postmillennialism, Covenant Amillennialism, and Covenant Premillennialism) and Dispensationalism.
At over 1000 pages, Israelology is a condensed version of the
Chris Via
Oct 22, 2015 marked it as intermittently-reading
Shelves: theology, 2017
[DRAFT]
Intro
A lifelong non-denominational American Christian, my religious views have been myopic, to say the least, though I accept nearly full responsibility for this shortcoming. Outside of forming off-the-cuff inspirational paroxysms culled ad hoc from Paul's letters, which devolved into wishful thinking more than faith, and putting up a wall against any form of systematic theology in favor of high-energy flights of fancy--because of these attributes, I was very ignorant as to what this big
Daniel Sloan
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent work. Covers Israel from Amill, Post-Mill, Cov-Premil and Dispen.
Nathan Parker
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the most exhaustive resource on the subject of "Israelology" (the doctrine of Israel and how it fits into the overall program of God) one could ever read, written from a Messianic Jewish point of view. I unfortunately had to read through this resource in a "hurried" fashion, but I will probably re-read this resource at a later date when I can slow down and better reflect on the overwhelming abundance of information contained in it. The chapters are extremely long and go into extensive ...more
ElaineY
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
One of the best Christian eschatology books I've read. This book introduced me to Replacement Theology and a comprehensive understanding of the various view on the Millennium. More importantly, an understanding on the difference between Dispensational Premillennialism and Covenant Premillennialism.

It was through this book that I came to see Eschatology as theocentric (what God is doing) and the programs and course run by the church nowadays as anthropocentric (what I, we, are doing).
Paul Cohen
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the rewritten thesis and as an academic work it is excellent, however for 90%+ of the Christians who want to understand what the Bible teaches about Israel, don't need the entire book, all they need is one chapter. A simplified version "what the Bible teaches about Israel" would be a welcome solution.
Great book for college libraries.
Lazaro
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Eye opener ...more
Robert Sr
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, one of a kind book. I have never seen this subject treated more comprehensively.
Brian Hendrix
Jan 24, 2015
Joel Hung
Jul 19, 2013
Nathan Long
rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2018
Allan
Jul 29, 2011
Arnold Genekowitsch Fruchtenbaum is the founder and director of Ariel Ministries, an organization which prioritizes evangelization of Jews in the effort to bring them to the view that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.