Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: The Real Deal Friends: Best, Worst, Old, New, Lost, False, True and More” as Want to Read:

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  400 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Friends. You gotta have 'em, but sometimes they drive you crazy. You love 'em, but sometimes they make you mad. They'll help you through a crisis...unless they are the crisis.

So What's the Deal?
Friends are more than just the people you hang out with. They make you laugh, they keep your secrets, they offer advice (some good, some bad), they give you a shoulder to cry on.
Published January 1st 2010 by HCI Teens (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

Alexandra
Jun 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: advisory07-08
All of the chicken soup books for teenage soul are the most enlighten books teens can read or every adults. I enjoyed reading this book because the stories are short and easy to read + understand. It also opens your eyes to new things in life and a new way to solve problems. This book is easy to relate to it shows the reader that people are not alone in the world and many people face the same problem. It really taught me that life could be a lot worst and that I should take the good with the bad ...more
Pamela S
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Realistic" is one word that I would use to describe this book. Accidentally met this book in the scarce book collection of my school library, it became my best friend for the rest of that day. This book talks about everyday teen issues such as dealing with losing someone we knew, friendships, Fitting in, queen bees, love, crushes, romance, and other issues. This book is so far the most realistic and down to earth book i've ever read; through this book I am capable of putting myself in different ...more
Sylvia
Jan 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenagers
I thought reading Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: The Real Deal Friends was really fun and interesting for me. I like reading these kinds of books because it contains realistic short stories about teenagers and their life. It also contains advices you can try when you and your friends are going through a rough time. This book also makes me laugh when i read something i've done with my friends because it makes me think back on the good times we've had. Sometimes it also makes me think back on ...more
David
i think this book is really the real deal because it tells all the things about friends. their are things that are bad and true at the smae time. Also they seem to really be experimenting like having a teenager doing their information. I like the idea of friends but i think that their are things that people should be keeping to themselves. When it told me that a cat is a womans bestfriend not alot of us the people that are reading this would understand a cat but a dog is a mans best friend it wo ...more
Nasser
Apr 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contain short stories where teenagers have a problem and in the end with the help of their friends they solve the problem. now that’s good and all because it teaches people lessons in each story but I think that some of the short sorties could of had some twists or maybe some other real life things that happen to teens but I am just saying this from a teenagers point of view. but this book was ok.
Georgia
Feb 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It has many stories written by people my age and even older. There are many stories which I can relate to and even stories which help me make decisions. These are real life stories and that's what I love about it!! I recommend this to any teen. It really helps to read things like these because you can see that other people everywhere are going through the same things you are going through. I love different chicken soup books but this one is my favorite!
ruth assefa
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was amazing. i am going to go to high school soon and it was really help full. i enjoyed it a lot. i lost this book for a day and i got so depressed. i wanted to finish it. and now i did. it was fantastic read. i recommend this to some one that is going to high school or some one that is in high school. it had interesting facts and good read
Krissy Collins
Great for a young person. I read it to a young lady with special needs and she seemed to enjoy it. It has a lot of positive messages in there. I only gave it 3 stars because the subject matter wasn't as useful to me, I've already lived through all that and had my own similar experiences. I'm guessing a younger reader would rate it higher.
Karen
several interesting stories of young or teenaged individuals and the way they cope with friendly relationships.

anyone can relate and draw connections to many of the short stories within this book.
Brittany Wilkins
I just really like these kinds of books...mostly because it tells stories about what has happened to other teenagers and i can really relate to a lot of the stories so it gives good advice about how to handle certain situations :)
cali
Jan 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i am still reading this book, it has a bunch of real life stories written by teens. the good thing about it is you can just pick it up and read a story every now and then and you won't forget what it's about!
Danielle
Jun 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, once again! Loved it! I will always remember each story!
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
random stories tthat are about teenage life like school and love and stuff.. idk how to review this...
♫♥ashylynlyn♥♫
my mom got it for me for christmas, its pretty cool
Prashansa
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Its awesome! I would try to read more chicken soup books.
Leslie
Sep 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a big fan of the format, but stories are nice
Becca
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good. I enjoyed the quizzes that popped up every so often. I also enjoyed the facts and resources that were available. The book covered many areas of friendship.
Jessica
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
I usually don't have the patience for self-help books, but this one was very informational and helpful.
Mandy
Jan 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has a good insight of friend troubles, boyfriends and other various things. Its a great read if your in such a place as that.
Jessica
I would have liked this book more if I was a 13 year old girl, but since I'm 18, it was okay.
Lindsey Gibson
This book is filled with poems dealing with real experiences with friends. The class can write about their own personal experiences with friends.
Jeevan
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book tells you about the teens losing and gaining friends. It also tells what some people do to fit in, and how they solve their problem.
Meg
Jun 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are so many inspiring stories in this book and i have read it multiple times with great interest
Brian
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oblock
Another good Chicken Soup book, even if you are not a teen anymore.
Tonja
Megan
Feb 12, 2011
Lindsay Mitnik
Nov 17, 2011
  • Life, Vol. 4 (Life, #4)
  • Onani Master Kurosawa 1
  • Sidescrollers
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Our Voices, Our Visions
  • Genkaku Picasso, Vol. 2
  • The Fire (Losing Christina, #3)
  • We Were There, Vol. 2
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 3
  • The Girl in the Park
  • Papillon 3
  • Kiss Me Tomorrow
  • The Ultimate Teen Book Guide
  • Mars, Volume 06

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...