Start by marking “The Highest Bidder” as Want to Read:
The Highest Bidder

The Highest Bidder

Getting kidnapped was bad enough, but when Trey Morrison gets sold off to the highest bidder and drugged to boot, well, he knows that his day had just gone from bad to worst. Or has it?

Going undercover to take down a madman, Renjiro Takeda has rubbed elbows with the world’s vilest men. But spotting Trey on the auction block makes him throw all caution to winds and buy him.
Published March 4th 2011 by Cobblestone Press

To ask other readers questions about The Highest Bidder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highest Bidder

Kimberly
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Well, even though I did write the book, I wasn't sure if I should rate it. But then, out of all the books I've wrote, this one is, so far, my fav. I really can't say why, exactly. In the beginning, it started out like most of my stories do. But as I began to delve more into the plot and the lives of my characters, something about it just spoke to me. Not sure what, which is funny because writing and expressing emotions with words is what I do. LOL! But, I guess you could say that the characters, ...more
SueM
This novel could have been a lot better than it was... It had a pretty decent overall plot, with some interesting characters, but it all seemed a bit 'simple' for want of a better word.

There is insta-love scenario in this novel, which is difficult to accept in paranormal stories, so it's even less likely to be accepted in a contemporary romance. Then most of the difficulties encountered during the novel seem to be easily solved within a couple of paragraphs, if not lines. Trey/Josh was simply to
Cracia
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is more than just some (really hot) smut scenes. It has a good story. At a certain point in the book, I was sitting at the edge of my seat and I just couldn't stop reading because I needed to know how it would end, if they would all survive.
Arlene
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this, but it was not to be. I was expecting a lot considering Renjiro was working undercover for Interpol, to expose a human trafficking ring.The men include in the human auction include an american senator among others. That was never again mentioned.Renjiro was able to bid and win the young man n question "Joshua",who's real name was Trey. He had been drugged heavily and was bearly saved.Renjiro brought him to his huge home and had a doctor treat him. He had a huge secu ...more
Chris
Apr 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars. So-so m/m romantic suspense about a wealthy Japanese businessman who's been working with Interpol to bring down a human trafficking and drug ring. Contrary to what the cover might suggest, there's absolutely no kink in the book.
Vall
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My first book reading of his own. I really enjoyed, good storyline, easy understanding, a book for you to travel in context.
Congratulations
Elaine
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK

This was a OK story, I liked the characters, but not the storyline. I think if she try to cram it into six chapters it would have been good.
Cecilia Rodriguez

Lara
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

One of those books you can re-read again and again and always enjoy. The characters are great, the story fast paced. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys MM romances.
Ayanna
Jan 16, 2013 marked it as gave-up
Shelves: dnr
Sounds like it has a good plot, but is overall too simplistically executed. Maybe if one day I'm seeking something mindless...? I feel like if I read this, I'm going to end up feeling the way I felt about The Hunger Games; I would have liked it if I'd read them as I was in middle school... late elementary school (6th grade ish? I was reading Robert Jordan in middle school...)

I'd also like to point out that the blurb is rather stupid. Rhetorically speaking, that first statement should have been a
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The first thing I noticed were the multitude of run-on sentences. You’re kidding me right? That entire first paragraph was grammar torture. One long run-on with comma abuse. There are entire paragraphs in here with one, yes, one period.

Despite the horrid editing job, the writing isn’t bad. Ms. Hunter keeps the flow well. She gives details without information overload. Tray was auctioned to an undercover Renji. He is after Howard Rush who drugs and sells people at a human auction. As they fly off
Rachel Emily
May 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Well, the first thing I thought of when I finally finished it was, "Too. Much. Crying!" Aside from that, I felt like I should have been reading Book #5 in an ongoing series because there were like 3 or 4 other couples that suddenly came into the book half way through, and like all in the same scene, with complex backstory that was just kinda summarized in a few paragraphs and a little bit of dialogue.

And even though some of those guys had interesting backstory, it almost seemed as if the author
Eran O'Donnal
The story grabs you right from the first page and never lets up.....hopefully there will be more books featuring some of the other couples or even introduce some new guys.
momokaachan
Feb 21, 2012
Fawn
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Hmm, about me... Well, not too much to tell. I was a reader before I ever became a writer. I live in a small town in North Carolina with my extremely spoiled German shepard. My son is grown, out on his own, and starting a family of his own. Still don't feel like a grandma. I write erotica, paranormal, futuristic, comtemporary, and m/m. I'm slowly but surely building up my library with new stories ...more