Start by marking “Mark of the Seer (Seer Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mark of the Seer (Seer Society, #1)

Mark of the Seer

(Seer Society #1)

CLARITY MILLER always thought of her life as semi-normal. She had friends that would do anything for her, a boyfriend that was madly in love with her, and a roof over her head that she shared with her aunt.

Everything seemed to be falling into place. That is, until the day she met Sam.

When Sam informs her that he’s her guardian angel and that she has been given the gifts
Paperback, 2nd edition, 220 pages
Published March 16th 2012 by Crushing Heart and Black Butterfly Publishing (first published February 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mark of the Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mark of the Seer

Shari
I'm gonna round up from a 4.5 for this one! I think this may be one of my favorite angel books ever! I loved the fact that Clarity already had a love interest and that her romance wasn't with her guardian angel. Forbidden love is great and all but well, let's just say been there done that. This book is set in the south and I love that the author wrote the characters with a noticeable southern accent. The voices of these teens actually sounded like teens without being over the top dramatic. I als ...more
Teric Darken
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Meet Clarity Miller: Just your typical teenage girl enduring the ho-hum grind of high school and working a menial job in the tiny town of Garlandton. Raised by her aunt, A.C., of whom she rarely sees, life drags on as one perpetual loop until Clarity's world is rocked forever by an angel named Sam. Having received strange "tattoos" on her hands, and a heightened sense of looming evil, Clarity struggles with the knowledge that her life will never be the same.

Author Jenna Kay does a brilliant job
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Mark of the Seer is the first book in Jenna Kay's Seer Society series. It's a good young adult story featuring a 17 year old girl named Clarity. Despite wanting to get away from the small town she lives in, things are going well. Things suddenly change though, when she sees her guardian angel for the first time. Clarity finds out that she is a Seer – she is capable of seeing angels and demons. Things go downhill from here, and she is faced with things that no teenage girl should have to face. Al ...more
Jacquie Talento
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story begins with a young girl named Clare. Her parents have both died in a car accident and she now lives with her aunt. She has her boyfriend, Brenton who has been a friend of hers since they were young and have decided to take their friendship to the next level. Her best friend, Kora has just left a bad relationship and started a new one with Kevin. When the school year begins, she meets Sam whom she finds out later is her guardian angel. Her nightmares have become real and she wakes one ...more
Monique James
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a really fun YA read! I enjoyed taking the journey with Clarity while she straddled the line between her "normal" life and her life as a seer. I can't wait to read the next installment! I recommend this for anyone who loves the paranormal and it's a great read for teenagers! Enjoy! I did!
Saniya
Mar 28, 2011 marked it as to-read
Is it Katy Perry on this cover or am I imagining it?! ^_-
Because she looks alots lyk her!
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
Check out my review at sassybooklovers.blogspot.com
Alishia
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Clarity lives in the town of Garlandton, a town that she can't wait to leave behind when she graduates high school. Although she dislikes the town, she is not unhappy, she has a boyfriend who she loves and adores (and he, her) and her friends, who know how to make her smile. Life is going okay...until Sam shows up.

Sam is like no other boy she has ever met and she is instantly drawn to him but not in a romantic way, it's something else, something almost spiritual. Whenever Clarity is around Sam s
Chamera
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2012
If you've followed me in some form for quite a while, you know that when it comes to YA paranormal I prefer them in a realistic world, and I prefer them with angels. My angel obsession gets the best of me every time. With Jenna Kay's Mark of the Seer, there is no exception. I love when an author manages to put a different twist on my favorite sub-genre of novels, and Kay does just that! Mark of the Seer is 270 pages of intrigue. It is filled with demons, angels, and Biblical Seers, humans who r ...more
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Mark of the Seer by Jenna Kay

Mark of the Seer is a unique tale of good vs. evil, or should I say God vs. Satan, as that is the overall premise of the book. And though I did like the book overall, I personally feel that it was a little flat. Yes the characters were believable and faced the temptations of most teenagers; alcohol, drugs, sex, unplanned pregnancy, etc, but I kept waiting for the excitement only to experience it at the end of the book.

Clarity Miller can't wait un
Kendall {Book Crazy}
This book was such a amazing read! The last 20% of it is what secured it with a 5 star rating from me! Mark of the Seer had great characters and an amazing plot! I really enjoyed the plot! There was action in it and it went at the right pace to keep me interested! I didn't agree with the amount of alcohol and the mention of smoking pot in this book though! The characters were a bit of a different story! Clarity Miller was the main character and there was something about her that annoyed me! I do ...more
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic read Mark of the Seer was!!

Clarity is just a normal teenager..... Or so she thought!! That was before the dreams and Sam, her Guardian Angel enter her life.

One of the things that I loved most about Mark of the Seer was that Clarity really struggled with the supernatural side of herself. In my opinion in some paranormal books the main protagonist seems to accept their gifts much too easily!! You know they wake up one morning and can do magic, or read peoples minds and it's like "
Kitty Honeycutt
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book Title: "Mark of the Seer”
Author: Jenna Kay
Published By: Crushing Hearts & Black Butterfly
Age Recommended: 16+
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: A fantastic read! Clarity Miller is a normal southern teen with your typical life until things begin to happen that are way beyond her control… or are they? She soon learns that she’s far more special than she ever thought she could be. When a strange guy appears out of nowhere and turns her world upside down by revealing things s
Paranormal Reads
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book started off slow but when it picked up it grabbed me and didn’t let go. I can not wait for the next book to see what happens next with Clarity.

Clarity is just your normal average 17 year old teenager. Who has a boyfriend she loves and great friends. Until one day she see’s a beautiful boy but he is not what he seems. Clarity’s life starts to turn upside down and she doesn’t know if she is loosing her mind or if the things she is seeing are real.

From seeing Angels and Demons to strang
Cyndi Stauff
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me awhile to get into this book and just about when I was about to stop reading it started getting good. Clarity is your typical teenager, or so it seems. She actually has a lot more going on for herself than most, but doesn't see it. Then one day she spots this beautiful boy outside her classroom and a calm washes over her as never before. She has a wonderful boyfriend named Brenton, who I'm sure every girl wishes they had, great friends, and her future holds so much. Then one night her ...more
Amy
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I seriously wish i could give this book 10 stars because it was THAT good!!! i fell in love with this book instantly! from the moment i picked it up i didn't want to put it down! this book brings us a powerful message that no matter how much we think we are alone in the world we are NEVER alone we can always depend on God to be there for us! its a heart warming, strengthening & encouraging book! i hope to see a second book come of this story!
You will want to keep your eye on this author bec
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA/Teen
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Jenna Kay Author
10*s. I barrowed my copy of this book from Amazon's Prime list. This is an amazing story that had me hooked crom beginning to end and I loved everything about it! Clarity is such a strong willed, bull headed character and I loved her. This story is fast paced and well written, and I finished it in a day!! This is a MUST read YA story that will hook your from page 1! Thank you, Jenna for an awesomely refreshing story about angels and demons!!
Michelle
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Clarity was such an awesome story about the battle between the natural and supernatural realm. The ultimate battle between good and evil. I think Jenna Kay did a wonderful job describing this battle and how this would affect a normal every day teenager. Clarity is a character that I believe every teenager can identify with in there every day struggles.
Mandi
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OH MY GOD!!! i cant believe i cried!(that doesnt happen often when i read) only an awesome book such as this could have made me cry. Guess what i loved the most: the epilogue!! yeah that's right, i freaking loved the epilogue!
Michelle
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Really good & different storyline. Can't wait for book #2.
Helena Stacey
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Let me just say: 11-23-12; eagerly awaiting Broken. This author tells all our stories, our fears, our weaknesses, our hopes...it's life. ;)
Christina Sturgis
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, series
what an amazing read. can't wait to get into the second one. great work Jenna Kay!! your amazing
K.R.
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
On page 52. So far...awesome. :)
Brianna Kilcrease
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Line: “My favorite day of the week is Saturday. I can sleep until noon, shower or not (depending on my mood), and do whatever I feel like doing. Things I can't do during the week can be done on Saturdays. It's my happiest day of the week. Usually.”

Yet another Crushing Hearts Black Butterfly book. And this one was just as great as Ember! I don't think I've ever read a book about seers. That's what makes this book so intriguing. A unique plot, a unique storyline, and spunky characters to boo
Alexia Purdy
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal, Fantasy, Angels and demons, supernatural forces readers
Loved this angel story, not like the ones I have read lately. It definitely has a focus on life as a teenager in a backwoods small town, lots of partying, drinking, and other shenanigans teens get into. It gave for a more authentic, realistic story. You get into Clarity’s head and she is very likeable. I found that her feelings were well written when it came to decisions in her life.

Now that being said, Sam the guardian angel, he felt like the most real guardian angel I could think of. He was k
Sabrina
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

From seeing Angels and Demons to strang
Radiant
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was definitely a good read!
I did read many angel books but this one was captured my interest for sure.
Clarity - carefree,stubborn,full of life girl encounters something that makes her life shattered..makes her rethink what she has seen around in her life again...
Now she begin's questioning herself whether heaven n hell,evil and good,angels and demons ...she has never thought are real?
Can she accept what she is ..or will it be too late before she understands the gravity of it!
I knew that clare
Heather Busby
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy the book, but it was a little lacking. I did enjoy the over seeing guardian angels.

May 3, 2018-May 5, 2018

Addendum to my first review as I just finished reading the book for the second time. Clarity is a young girl, a senior in high school, and she is about to get the biggest shock of her life. On the first day of school she sees a “hawt” boy who smells of lavender that seems to slows time in her classroom doorway, and then the nightmares begin. From there her eyes have been opened t
Catherine Stovall
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Captivating story telling by Jenna Kay draws you into a world of angels and demons. Suspenseful and sweet, the story of Clarity, her guardian angel Sam, best friend Kora, and boyfriend Brenton will take you for a spin beyond the normality of teenage life.

As if dealing with the loss of her parents, holding down a full time job, going school, juggling her social life, and preparing for college wasn't enough, Clarity now has a whole new secret life. She's a Seer.

Able to see into the celestial wor
Tich Brewster
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book for Loves All Things Books!

Jenna Kay didn't disappoint with this book. Throughout the majority of the book I sat on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next.

Clarity is a normal teenage girl. She is looking forward to graduating high school and leaving town. After her parents died she was left to be raised by her Aunt. As a teen she is a partier/drinker.

She soon discovers that the new boy in town is not what he appears, she is the only one that can see h
Ambrosia Arts: Mark of the Seer: A Seer Society Novel 1 4 Dec 17, 2012 12:13AM

• Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
  • The Angels Are Here (Paradox, #1)
  • Transfer Student
  • The Zombie Always Knocks Twice (Hollyweird, #1)
  • Silver Smoke (Seven Halos, #1)
  • Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Human
  • Pulse Of Heroes (The Pulse #1)
  • The Keepers
  • Dark Light
  • Angelina's Secret (Angelina's Secret, #1)
  • Defy the Stars
  • Awaken Me (Connected, #1)
  • The Fallen
  • Wanderlust
  • Poison (Keeper of Light, #1)
  • Charmeine (The Light-Bearer, #1)
  • My Sister's Destiny (Destiny, #1)
My name is Jenna Kay and my works include the Seer Society Series, The Gracen Chronicles, and Beyond The Never Anthology.

Seer Society (2 books)
  • Broken (Seer Society, #2)