Start by marking “Body of Sin (Otherkin, #4)” as Want to Read:
Body of Sin (Otherkin, #4)

(Otherkin #4)

The ultimate fall from Grace…

Once the favorite son of the Lord of the Underworld, Lokan Krayl held enviable privileges and powers. Powers that led to a devastating betrayal—murder.

Resurrected by his immortal brothers, Lokan is still trapped in purgatory. He has no way to contact his family. He has no answers. In order to find the truth about his death, and who killed him,
Published August 23rd 2011 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Body of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body of Sin

Start your review of Body of Sin (Otherkin, #4)
Renégade ♥
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
And there it was, a seed of hope, uncoiling in his heart.

The dark mystery/overarching storyline of the Sins series reaches its fascinating conclusion in Body of Sin and there will be potential spoilers in this review that you may wish to avoid. This fourth and final book should only be read once the reader experiences the myriad twists and romantic turns that come in the books prior.

Recap with added info:
(view spoiler)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Angela
View review at Under the Covers

Body of Sin is the fourth book in Eve Silver’s Otherkin series. Having not read the first three books in the series, I was worried that I would be lost in this world and wouldn’t be able to identify with the characters. I am glad to say that this was not the case. Although Silver has said that you can read it as a standalone novel, it’s probably best to start from the beginning with Sin of the Heart. I will definitely be checking out the first three books in the
Pinky
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heads up: I received an Arc for Body of Sin in exchange for an honest review!

I cannot believe that I'm finished this series, it was an amazing ride. This was a crazy journey with lovable characters that are all unique and strong in their own way. I will miss reading about the characters and their adventures, but at the same time I am so glad to have experienced this. Reading this book was both exciting and different. I was surprised, angry and happy for all of the characters throughout the
Daisa
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
And so we’ve come full circle. I finished the first book in this series “Sins of the Heart” on Sept 2nd. And here we are on October 2nd and I’m saying farewell to these characters that I’ve come to care about and root for in the past month.

Body of Sin brings the journey of the Krayl brothers to a close and while I’m not 100% satisfied with everything that transpired, I am glad that I picked up this series and it was definitely worth all of the sleepless nights I spent reading it.

Lokan! After
Melindeeloo
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great encore to Silver's 'Sin'fully good Otherkin series

Although she can mask her signature and appear human, Bryn is a Walker, an Otherkin with the ability to guide souls through the Underworld. Bryn and her daughter Dana have been on the run from those who would use Bryn's talent, but when Bryn discovers that it is now her daughter who is sought by a being of unbeatable power, Bryn will make the ultimate sacrifice in order to retrieve from the Land of the Dead the only person who can protect
Mrs. Badass
Lokan Krayl, murdered son of the Underworld God Sutekh, has been in limbo, or null void, since book One. After learning of their fathers betrayals, Lokan's brothers set out on a course to restore both Lokans body and soul together, and bring him back from the dead. To do this, they need a Guide, or someone who brings souls into the underworld, and can go about undetected. Enter Brnja Carr. Who just happens to be Lokans daughters mother. Catch all that? Good.

I admire the way Eve Silver wrote this
Debrac2014
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Fast paced! Good ending to the series! I'm glad Sutekh got his comeuppance!
Scooper Speaks
Sep 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Favorite Lines: “Then he dragged himself onto the golden back of the beetle and hung there as he went forth into day, carrying pain and regret and confusion with him. But his heart, he left behind in the darkness of death’s night.” (p. 343-344, egalley)

Part of the Eve Silver’s Otherkin series, Body of Sin can be read as a stand alone. I know because I haven’t read any of the other books in the series. While it was distracting and confusing at times, I was able to read Body of Sin as a stand
Fani *loves angst*
Sep 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers interested in complicated world building and egyptian mythology
Ok, somehow I picked this book with the assumption that it was the first in the series. It obviously isn't and that became apparent immediately when I started reading it. The world Silver has created, based on Egyptian mythology, is quite complicated to understand and it took me a very long while to realize who was what and their role in the play. Plus, Egyptian theology is one of my least favorite subjects; I consider it quite gruesome and -perhaps it's my fleeting mind- a bit chaotic with its ...more
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: read-in-2011
5 Stars

This book is Amazing!!!!!!!!
I highly recommened this book to everyone who likes PNR. I believe you dont need to have read the first 3 books first but for anyone to fully appreciate the Hero and Heroine's journey, I highly recommed you do so.

Most my friends know that if they recommend a book, they'll usually get these questions from me; Is the book romantic? Does it have a strong Alpha Male? And most of all, is the book steamy hot!?
Since no one recommended this series to me, as I stumbled
Sylvie
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It was a very satisfying conclusion to a wonderful series. Lokan is a hero worth saving for last, and Bryn, although she came off as ditzy and not very confident at first, really proved herself and got tough when lives were on the line. They were a great couple and their relationship developed very naturally.

Again, this is the conclusion of the series. Don't read it unless you've read the others or it won't make any sense!
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
I really liked this one. This series is odd. Books 1 & 3 read a lot like typical paranormal romances and I was, reh, ok with them. Books 2 & 4 read more like ancient fables AND I REALLLLLY liked them. It's like two different series mashed into one.
Stephanie
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC - Spoiler-free review

A fantastic end to a unique and very absorbing series.
I enjoyed this book above all the others because it combined the events of all the other books - culminating in an ending that was just as it should be - all wrapped up in a neat little bow!
As well as telling the story of arguably the most important couple of characters in this series; the author also concludes the plot thread that has spanned all five books - that being the murder of Lokan Krayl and his subsequent
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: August 30, 2011
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 4, Otherkin Series
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Hot

**REVIEWER’S NOTE**

As this is the fourth book in the series, this review contains general spoilers for previous books. While I endeavor to mark all spoilers for the current novel,
Magical Reading Nook of Ahtohallan
I received a copy of this book for early review from Netgalley

Eve Silver you have officially wowed me.

I have to start off by saying that I have never read Eve Silver before. I had no clue that this was the fourth book in the Otherkin series. However, this was one of the coolest books I have ever read. I always wondered when people were going to weave in Egyptian mythology into a PNR and finally we got one.

For the first few chapters of the book I was naturally confused. These are characters and
Jennifer Estep
Sep 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Body of Sin by Eve Silver is a paranormal romance set in her Otherkin world.

Lokan Krayl never though his father, Sutekh, a chaos lord in the Underworld, would betray and kill him in order to try to fulfill an ancient prophecy. But Lokan's been given a second chance, now that his soul has been reunited with his body. However, first he must pass a series of tests in order to escape from the Underworld. To Lokan's surprise, he's given a guide -- Bryn Carr, the woman that he spent a passionate night
Lauren
4.5 Stars

**Warning**: This review is for the 4th book in the series and as such may contain spoilers. You may wish to skip it until after you have read the previous books.

Synopsis:
Following his resurrection, Lokan Krayl still finds himself trapped in purgatory with no way out until a woman from his past arrives to guide him through the Twelve Gates. Bryn Carr is a woman with secrets who tricked Lokan once before. Can he trust her to lead him toward salvation?

Review:
A fantastic
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Lokan is one of the sons of Sutekh a god of dark things. Sutekh thinking it would grant him the ability to walk on topworld, killed his son. What he didn't know is that that wouldn't allow him to do anything. With the help of long ago allies and his friend Bryn whom he doesn't know he loves travel through Osiris's domain to walk on earth once more. Lokan doesn't know this but in order to do that Bryn is going to exchange her soul so that Lokan can help save their daughter. Along with his ...more
LeeAnne Hansen
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh this series! If only it could have gone on forever! By the time I got to the last book in this series I was completely ready to hear Lokan's story, to find out how he had a daughter, how he was taking the whole being murdered thing. This book does not disappoint. I absolutely loved how it started out, giving you a peek of the beginning. I am such a fan of Eve Silver now and will be reading all of her books. She is bundled pure talent. I just love the world that all of these books take place ...more
Ellie
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*SPOILER ALERT* If you haven't read the series, avert your eyes!

Body of Sin

Eve Silver finishes out her Sin series with Lokan's story. After reading Sins of the Flesh (the 3rd book), I was really looking forward to the conclusion of the series. Finally, Lokan's soul and body are reunited, his murderer revealed. I'm thinking there's going to be some serious sh*t going down now that Lokan's back. Except, we find out pretty quickly, he's not really back. Not yet, anyway.

The final book starts with
Nia Ireland
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the Sin series and I think that I deliberately left this one so long to read because I couldn't bear for it to be all over...
I was right on this count because now it's over, I can't bear it! I need more!

After a full and thorough examination of the feels I've accrued for this series, I've decided that this is my favourite book in the entire series. Instead of it being all about the romance, this book focuses mainly on the thread of story that has run throughout the
Kirby Tails
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from the author for an honest review.

The last book in the series revolves around the one brother that we haven't seen much. Lokan Krayl.

We find out in the third book that he was murdered. As to who murdered him was a surprise to me. I never guessed it. In it we met who is the heroine for Lokan. Bryn Carr. I always wondered what Byrn was going to be. All of the other heroine's in the other books were all supernatural in some ways.

This is was twist also. Lokan is
Denise
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lokan finally gets at chance at life and love after a road paved with the ultimate betrayal, difficult choices and temptations. Even after recovering his body that he knows his brothers managed to return to him while in a null zone and along with the recovery of his memory, he still has a long and difficult path to traverse include the Twelves Gates in Osiris' territory. Now, all through this series I wondered who would be Logan's love interest. We met Bryn in the first book, who loved her and ...more
Jo
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I consumed this book like Sutekh devours souls - with relish.
I didn't know how the author would reunite Lokan's body and soul then save Bryn. How could the brothers defeat their father, the God Sutekh? Would the other deities help or hinder? Who knew that Osiris had a heart?
Strong women paired with strong men is always a pleasure to read. Throw in the intrigues of Egyptian Gods and all their machinations and you get a well told, exciting tale.
Ms Silver gathered all the threads and wove them
Joyffree
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know this can't be the end...
Out of all the books in this series to date, I found this by far the most emotional, suspenseful, and heartbreaking -
I was completely immersed in Lokan's journey
At times silently pleading someone would grant him mercy, that he would find his way -without losing anything else or suffering anymore more than he already had.
I cried - I laughed - I wondered at what lurked beyond the next gate.
No, I did not peek... But I'll be honest it took all my willpower to cage
Carol
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I read this series far too fast and now I've reached the last one. I loved the whole series and this book was no exception.

I have to say, I felt that this book wasn't quite as good as the last one. The problem was that there was so much to be resolved here (and it was resolved), but it perhaps didn't leave quite as much time to explore Lokan and Bryn's relationship. I would have liked them to get a little more attention.

Still, the story wrapped up well. I have to admit, I could see where
JodyL
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get to this book and find out if what I was suspecting was fact.
Bryn Carr and Lokan Krayl met seven years ago. Neither knew the true identity of the other. Now they share a daughter, Dana.
But of course Lokan is still trapped in the Underworld. He has his body back but is having trouble getting out. How can he protect Dana from his father if he is stuck.
We find out some interesting truths about who or what Bryn really is. A deal is made in order for Lokan to be free. But at
Tima
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the characters. The pace is fast moving and there is a significant story in addition to the romance between the main characters. The romance between the main characters is complete within this book but the story arc continues across the series and you should NOT start with this book. I don't believe that the story will feel coherent if you have not read the first three. This book was the last in the series and I enjoyed seeing the loose ends wrapped up as well as reading the main ...more
Darcy Speed
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mark of a great series for me is twofold: what is the level of devastation that the series is finished, and how badly do I want to start re-reading it? I can't wait to relive every moment! The Sin Series Book 5, Body of Sin, is the most powerful yet. Eve Silver's ability to weave multiple storylines, delve into mythology, and tug at my heart strings, was award worthy. I actually paused, exclaimed out loud, and re-read a specific passage! An amazing culmination of an amazing series.
Tracy
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying Conclusion to the Lokan Arc
Lokan Krayl, soul reaper and fourth son of Sutekh, gave himself over to those who were conspiring to kill him in order to secure the safe release of his daughter - a daughter he wasn't supposed to be able to have. Just like, as a demigod, he wasn't supposed to be able to die. So much for supposed to be. He was murdered. Skinned, dismembered, his soul cast into a null zone in the Underworld. Betrayed by the lord he served, the most powerful Underworld lord.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • When an Omega Snaps (A Lion's Pride, #3)
  • Driven (Northern Waste, #1)
  • Pearl's Dragon (Dragon Lords of Valdier #10)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld #0.5)
  • Forged by Desire (London Steampunk, #4)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Hidden (Northern Waste, #2)
  • Dragos Takes a Holiday (Elder Races, #6.5)
  • Sevin (Mythical Ink #2)
  • Critical Intelligence (Immortal Ops, # 2)
  • Strategic Vulnerability (Immortal Ops #4)
  • Shielded Heart (The Infinite City, #2)
  • Siege Tactics (Spells, Swords, & Stealth, #4)
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
National bestselling author Eve Silver has been praised for her "edgy, steamy, action-packed" books, darkly sexy heroes and take-charge heroines. Her work won the OLA Forest of Reading White Pine Award 2015, was shortlisted for the Monica Hughes Award for Science Fiction and Fantasy 2014, was listed as a 2013 American Bookseller's Association Best Book for Children and a Canadian Children's Book ...more

Otherkin (4 books)
  • Sins of the Heart (The Sins Series, #1)
  • Sins of the Soul (The Sins Series, #2)
  • Sins of the Flesh (The Sins Series, #3)
“The aura of his soul. She’d seen them before when she’d guided the dead. But she’d never seen one quite like this, darkness and light blending to a color and texture that was both frightening and beautiful.” 2 likes