Start by marking “Batman Begins: The Movie and Other Tales of the Dark Knight” as Want to Read:
Batman Begins: The Movie and Other Tales of the Dark Knight

Batman Begins: The Movie and Other Tales of the Dark Knight

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
This graphic novelization adapts the plot of director Christopher Nolan's film. Batman Begins explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a protective force in Gotham. It recounts the passage of Bruce Wayne in the wake of his parents' murder from a disillusioned industrial heir to Batman, the masked crusader for justice.
Published June 15th 2005 by DC Comics (first published June 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Batman Begins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman Begins

CKE387
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the other tales more than the graphic novelization of the movie.

The first story featured is "The Man Who Falls" which retells the origin story of Batman. Enjoyable and has beautiful artwork by Dick Giordano.

Next is "Air Time" which poses the hero dilemma - is it more important to catch the bad guys or help the people who were injured during their crime spree/escape??? Which would you chose???

"Reasons" explains Batman's philosophy by revisiting Crime Alley where it all began, ending with
Danielle
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Read this review and more on my blog.

This graphic novelisation of the Batman Begins movie was enjoyable but not what I expected. The other stories of Batman seemed to take up half of the pages and they were defiantly not as good as the graphic novelisation of Batman Begins.

The artwork very much resembled the cast of Batman Begins and somehow managed to get across how the movie felt, or maybe that was just me reading in their voices.

I would recommend reading the adaptation of Batman Begins but it
Oliver
Nov 12, 2007 rated it it was ok
Bleh. I can't say that I was a huge fan.

The source material has been chopped up pretty heavily, with lots ridiculously condensed or skipped altogether. In a couple of places, it seems like the writer didn't understand the script as the lines just don't make sense. The art is not bad, but doesn't seem right for this title. When the story's based on something that I know primarily as live action, I'd rather see a more realistic style.

The additional stories in the back are okay, but nothing great.
Annice22
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The five stars are for the other four stories (The Man Who Falls, Air Time, Reasons and Urban Legend) in this book because the comic book adaptation for the movie was not very good. It was dull and the story was very choppy.

Those other stories were not only well written but fun to read and showed why Batman is such an interesting character. I see why they were included in this book because otherwise it would be a waste if only the Batman Begins story was featured.
Victor Orozco
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice comic-book adaptation. But its way too short and takes away the drama from the story. Some of the other Batman stories added to this collection was nice.

Loved that one that is very much in keeping with Batman Year One but actually has Bruce meet the real Henri Ducard which was what Director Christopher Nolan wanted us to think Liam Neeson's character was.

The other stories weren't that great. Still its an okay collection.

B-
Hollis
May 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-fiction
This isn't the best collection I have ever read but it is definitely redeemed by the last story. The main story (a comic adaptation of the movie) must be regarded as a failure. It attempts to squash an entire film into 68 pages of comic strip, resulting in a story that is totally incoherent and surely unintelligible if you haven't seen the movie.
Mohamed Abdelrazek
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
A poor adaptation of a great movie.
Angel
Aug 05, 2007 rated it liked it
See my short note on it here:
[http://gypsylibrarian.blogspot.com/20...]
sixthreezy
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: batman, dc
Batman's dig on Superman on the last page... Perfection.
Andrew Beet
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i liked the adaptation of Batman Begins and i like reading the other tales of the dark knight there was a couple of stories i hadn't read before The Man Who Falls i had read
Kaleb
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
that book is so awsome that i cant tell you about it that is how cool it is.
Tanja