Start by marking “Desejos de Chocolate” as Want to Read:
Desejos de Chocolate

Desejos de Chocolate

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  2,771 Ratings  ·  195 Reviews
Na perfeita aldeia de Sticklepond, Lancashire, Chloe faz e vende chocolates deliciosos e inspiradores, que contêm uma previsão ou uma frase encorajadora para cada cliente. Se a sua vida fosse tão fácil de prever, talvez Chloe pudesse ter visto que iria ser abandonada junto ao altar… Mas quando um novo vigário chega à aldeia, os rumores aumentam de intensidade. Para além de ...more
Published 2011 by Quinta Essência (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Desejos de Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desejos de Chocolate

Jacob Proffitt
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chaste
This was a fun character story without a lot of surprises, but with enough charm to make it very enjoyable. Ashley does a good job with small-town British life, bringing both the central family and surrounding neighbors to life in a way that's organic and yet still serves the story.

This is only my second of her books, and already I sense a pattern. Witches and vicars and good friends and goofy families and solidly middle-aged women who think they're past their romance years. So far, those are me
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Fofinho :)
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
I really wasn't impressed by this book. With the main subjects being love, magic and chocolate, I thought that this would be a nice, easy chick-lit book that I'd be able to get through easily. However, I found the writing pretty annoying with complete overuse of the exclamation mark (it REALLY stared to annoy me). It didn't really interest me at any point and for the most part of the book nothing of importance really seemed to happen. This certainly isn't a book that I'd want read again or recom ...more
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Overall this was just an okay read for me, very predictable. I usually really love sweet light romances, however I found this story to be lacking a bit of personality. Don't get me wrong, this is a cute book, but it was just okay.
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Trisha Ashley.

I like her capable, tireless, domestic heroines. I like her detailed descriptions of their cleaning / cooking / gardening / chocolate making skills (delete as appropriate for book under discussion.) I love her cosy rural settings with just the right amount of weirdness going on in the background. I even like her brooding yet loveable heroes although I'm not entirely sure I read these books for the romance.

I am aware that by concentrating so firmly on the domestic side of lif
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars. A very charming story. Very English and a bit eccentric. It had a tendency to run on a bit & be slow but that was also part of its charm. Liked the main character of Chloe along with her friends Felix & Poppy. Filled with eccentric characters living in BBC type English village The story revolves around Chloe, her chocolate business, her eccentric pagan family & her past loves that includes the new vicar.
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
3.5 stars. This was a predictable semi-romance with chocolate-making overtones -- while most of the plot twists were rather telegraphed and obvious, it was still enjoyable, but there was never a sense of drama, or a story unfolding and building up, and to my mind, it moved along rather slowly, especially in the first half of the book.
Chocolate maker Chloe Lyon has recently moved to Sticklepond along with her grandfather Grumps, brother Jake and Zillah, her Grandmother’s cousin. Her business Chocolate Wishes is going from strength to strength and the only part of Chloe’s life that isn’t perfect is her love life. Her heart was broken as a teenager by Raffy Sinclair, who went on to become a huge rock star, and then years later, Chloe found herself being jilted practically at the altar. However, when a new vicar arrives in town, ...more
Chloe lives fairly quietly with her teenage brother, eccentric grandfather and aunt in a pretty Lancashire village. She makes gorgeous chocolate wishes in the shape of angels, acts a PA to her grandfather, goes to the pub with her two best friends and very little else! She’s been unlucky in love – jilted by her fiancé just before the wedding and in the dim distant past she was badly let down by Raffy, the love of her life, when she had to leave university to look after her brother. Chloe is gett ...more
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
I just closed the book Chocolate Wishes by Trisha Ashley with a sad heart that it ended. This book brought me back to the village of Sticklepond after my first visit in her book A Winter's Tale.

Chloe has spent her life raising her little brother Jake. One Easter, she makes him chocolate Easter eggs bringing an idea to her mind of creating chocolate wishes. They are winged hearts with a message inside much like a fortune cookie. She has thrown herself into a thriving online chocolate business and
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chocolate Wishes is a wonderfully warm book that has an addictive plot and very likeable characters.

Chloe lives with her grandfather and half-brother in the village of Sticklepond. Happy with her job as a chocolate maker, her life is suddenly turned upside down when the new Vicar arrives in the village. Finding out the new arrival is her ex boyfriend, Raffy, who she believed abandoned her for a music career, isn't the best news especially as she has unresolved feelings about her relationship. Ho
Raquel Leite
Oct 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: emprestados
Eu estava desejosa de ler este livro, andei atras dele a ver se alguém queria trocar comigo para o ler, e agora que li fiquei completamente destroçada (o que vale é que já tenho uma “vitima” para troca comigo lol) mas agora a sério o livro é muito chato.
Eu tinha aquele desejo de ler por isto, primeiro fala de chocolate e depois de amor, e pelo que me deu a perceber de paganismo, coisa que não esta nada, mesma nada bem resolvida, e tem aquela coisa dos anjos.
A personagem com quem me ria mais at
... continuing my trend of finding smart, funny romances by authors who go on to disappoint. A lot.

But made lots of allowances for this one (the next doesn't get them!) because a) I listened to the audiobook and loved the narrator, so it was enjoyable for that, and b) I LOVED the relationship between Chloe and her brother (half-brother, really and virtually her adopted son).

On the other hand, I *hated* something that happens in other Ashley books, and was especially nasty here. Spoilers, thoug
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, chicklit, family
This book took far longer to read than it should have. I chose it because I wanted something light and chick-litty for when I was away that was easily digestible, quick to read and easy to read and finish. I have no idea why this didn't happen with this book. On the surface it ticked a lot of boxes - chick lit, romance, chocolate shop = tick, tick, tick but even with that it was just hard work. The story was decent, the characters were okay and there was no reason it should have taken weeks to f ...more
Isobel Pratt
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book.
The writing is amazing, the plot is great and the characters are awesome.
The writing was very flowing so it was a quick read and it's mistly light-hearted and I found myself laughing aloud at most of it.
Was really drawn in by this story, although it has alot of things going on in it, it really ties in nice and snugly and flows well.
A great book to read at any time of year, great if you need a little pick-me-up and also helped me get out of a bit of a reading slump.
Would highly re
Nicola Clough
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read very easy going and enjoyable characters and you want to find out what happens next. Chloe lives with her brother and grandfather in a small village and Chloe is going along great with her chocolate wishes making and selling them on but only her love life isn't as simple. When a new vicar is moving to the area little does Chloe know that life will change forever as he's one of her lovers from university days and she never thought she would see him again. An enjoyable read.
Nancy Brady
A bit of magic, lots of chocolate, and Chloe is having her life turned upside down once again as she makes the move to a new home in Sticklepond. There she meets up with her friends, Poppy and Felix. Added to that old loves show up announced and her life becomes more complicated. A cute romance, but it starts a bit slow;however, like fine chocolate, it is ultimately satisfying. This was the first I have read this author, but suspect it won't be the last.
Slow reading and would have liked to have seen more of the magic. The characters were quite interesting, but could see ahead what would happen. Still I enjoyed the book.
Meg Dean
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best story in one of my favorite series! 💙💚
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
The plot might be predictable, but the story is frothy and delicious and I loved it!
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yum-reads
Ca s'annonçait bien : un petit village anglais, une intrigue gourmande puisque l'héroïne fait des chocolats, une ambiance cozy...
Mais tout était téléphoné, trop fleur bleue, on voit l'auteure arriver avec ses gros sabots de l'autre côté du village, dans les relations des personnages, dans leurs pensées, dans ce qui va se passer...
Pour finir, le côté ésotérique apporté par le grand-père m'est passé complètement au dessus de la tête. Bref, une grosse déception.
Karen Mcnicol
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the 3rd I have read by Trisha Ashley, and I have not been disappointed by any of them. They are so well written, they have made me laugh out loud and this was left me wanting for chocolate! (so be warned). Her stories are entertaining and great love stories in one. This one had the interesting twists of are witches real? so enjoy!
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was good however the writing was not that incredible. I've struggled a little in the beginning, it was a lot of information that make me confuse and nothing happening but ok, I've passed through this . And the plot with raffy was a little obvious that would happen.
I give 4-stars because the story made me anxious and curious about how chloe would feel and deal with everything
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its what I would call an easy read. It's entertaining but it's one of those books where you can really tell where it is going after a few chapters. But nonetheless I enjoyed reading it just as a way to relax
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another Ashley heroine that I could not feel any affection for.....
Judy Spare
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author.
Sarah Bird
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy, feel good read *****
Rea Cobb
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have two favourite things in life and that is a good book and a bar of chocolate! This is why I decided to pick up the book Chocolate Wishes by Trisha Ashley. The cover of the book is your typical style for a chick-lit book with a cosy little chocolate shop on the front with Chocolate Wishes in big pink writing so as you can tell this is hard to miss whilst looking for a book on the shelf. I had fallen in love with the book before I had started to read it and I had high expectations.

Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"... Und so war es also gekommen, dass ich meinen Freund wie einen Bruder liebte, meinen Bruder wie einen Sohn und meine Mutter ... überhaupt nicht. War es ein Wunder, dass ich Beziehungsprobleme hatte?"
Seite 44

Chloe Lyon hat sich voll und ganz der Schokolade verschrieben. Besser gesagt, dem Herstellen von filigranen Schokoladenengeln, die mit esoterischen Botschaften auf kleinen Zetteln gefüllt sind. Seit sie von ihrem Großvater Gregory Warlock, von ihr liebevoll "Brummbart" genannt, un
Vivien Ernst
Chloe wohnt in einer kleinen englischen Stadt zusammen mit ihrem Groβvater, der sich selbst als Hexenmeister bezeichnet, ihrer Tante und ihrem Bruder. Seitdem ihre Mutter von zu Hause abgehauen ist als Chloe an der Uni war und sie ihr Studium abbrechen musste um ihren Bruder aufzuziehen, verdient sie ihr Geld mit selbstgemachter Schokolade und ist damit inzwischen recht erfolgreich. Als die Familie ein gröβeres Haus im Nachbarort bezieht bekommt sie endlich die Chance einen eigenen Laden zu eröf ...more
  • Wild Designs
  • The Only Way Is Up
  • Heaven Sent
  • Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Café
  • Over You
  • Christmas at Rosie Hopkins’ Sweetshop (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #2)
Trisha Ashley is now a full-time novelist, but she has been known to work for stained glass makers and/or plumbers. She likes to paint, eat, drink, and read literary biographies. Her previous hobbies included getting divorced and packing to move. She claims to have once actually eaten Bronte burgers at the Branwell café, but her publisher declines to verify this. She lives in North Wales.
More about Trisha Ashley...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
“And evidently it was a well-known fact that a single vicar, in possession of a modest fortune, must be in need of a wife.” 0 likes