Start by marking “A-B-C My First French Lesson, Learning the Alphabet with Annabelle (The Annabelle Book Series)” as Want to Read:

Follow "Annabelle" as she takes
you on various adventures, and
ends up teaching you a new skill.

Annabelle is a world traveler
who is always fashionably dressed,
and will not let anyone tell her
what to do with her big bouncy hair.

Her first task?
Teaching you how to speak French!
Paperback, Large Print, 43 pages
Published February 18th 2011 by France Frederic (first published February 17th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about A-B-C My First French Lesson, Learning the Alphabet with Annabelle

Start your review of A-B-C My First French Lesson, Learning the Alphabet with Annabelle (The Annabelle Book Series)
Madeleine
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children, Parent, Teachers
Recommended to Madeleine by: Goodreads Book Giveaway
This book is a great teaching tool for kids!

Without giving away too many spoilers, Annabelle does end up taking us on various adventures. In one page she's sitting atop an elephant, in another she's in boat, and pretty much moves around a lot throughout the book. To teach us French, the author uses easy to remember English words and associates them with the French language. Hearing myself say the French alphabet out loud for the first time in years rekindled in me the excitement I first feel wh
Chris
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won-on-goodreads
Thank you for the Annabelle book! I won it on Goodreads, received it yesterday (along with a lovely note from the author), read it last night and will take it with me to visit my granddaughter Catherine next weekend. I know she will love it as much as I do. I hope that there will be many Annabelle books that we can share.
Lesleym
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!! As a parent who lives where, in some areas, some French is still spoken, and as a parent who embraces and wants to absorb different cultures...this book is even more special!! Thank you for giving parents a beatifully written and beautifully illustrated book that we can use to start the process of teaching a second language to our children!!!
Marco Junior
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
My son loves this book. I recently brought it online with the purpose of introducing him to a new language. And I can tell you honestly, I don't have any regrets.Looking forward to a second book.
To the author, keep it up.
France Frederic
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dear Future Reader,

This book is self-published and was written by a native French speaker. It was created with the intent to get children excited about learning French by using a method successfully applied for years.

This book’s packaging has not been produced by a big publishing house. However, you will find that the content delivers in terms of illustration, language, readability, and overall fun for the kids.

France Frederic
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Damarly
Bomblyric
Mar 28, 2011
Sophie
Mar 29, 2011
France Frederic is an engineer who saw a need for a multicultural heroine with brains and spunk. Everything about Annabelle, from speaking French, to not wanting to change her natural hair texture, is based on her life. France hopes that children reading this book will learn something valuable, and enjoy themselves in the process. This book is the beginning of what she hopes will become a successf ...more

News & Interviews