Start by marking “Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)

Reckoning

(Strange Angels #5)

Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She's battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a full-fledged svetocha — rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires — the worst is yet to come.

Because getting out alive is going to co
Published November 1st 2011 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Reckoning, please sign up.
Sadie Sorry unless she's taking her sweet dang time she isn't writing another book.I think every one hates her now.
Kate Cardillo
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Amanda
I just finished and I have a lot going through my head, so bare with me as I try to work it out into words.

Strange Angels is one of my favorite series. I love all three main characters, Dru, Graves and even Christophe. I love the dark and dirty writing and this last book of the series was excellent. There are certainly things that I will be complaining about in a bit, but as a whole I was pleased with the way the plot was finished.

Schay
Look how tough and rebellious Dru looks on the cover! ^_^
So sad that it's the last in an awesome series :(

UPDATE: Less than a month to go! BOO-YAH! *blows vuvuzela*

ANOTHER UPDATE:
Holy sheeeiiiiiiiiiiit.
AWESOME.
Loved it from beginning to end, and I especially loved the neutral ending. However, I was expecting Sergej's death to be a bit more, I dunno, dramatic...

Loved Dru's kick-ass mentality, and her persistence and loyalty to her friends, even if they didn't always deserve it. Graves was kinda b
Katherine
RATING: 1.5 out of 5

Well that was shit. Terrible. How can you have such an awesome series of books and end it with this. This book does not do the series justice and honestly, i really didnt like it. It had a shit ending and it was just errr crappy crapp crapp!!!!!

Want to know who she ended up with: Team (view spoiler)

This novel centered around Dru running away from all the dhampirs that are after her on Sergej's orders and shes j
brittany
Mar 28, 2011 marked it as dnf
Want--now now now

I can't wait!!

TEAM GRAVES! (:

HOLY SHET. NOT LONG NOW! She better end up with GRAVES! HJBHJDBHJHB; -excited-
Becky
I have mixed feelings about this book, and am going to (tentatively) give it a 2 star rating until my feelings about this book have solidified more.

The major strength of this series is the characters, and we do get to see everybody grow and change, which was a major plus. The sticking point for me is the ending.

Desperado
I'm going to start this rantview by stating that I love me some Lilith Saintcrow. I love her "Jill Kismet" series. I have hopes for her "Dante Valentine" series. I enjoyed her "Strange Angels" series & while the last three books made me want to smother Dru with my god-sister's Hello Kitty Tiger Pillow, I stuck it out like the book masochist/loyal fan I am. But this? This is WTFsauce with a side of "Bitch, Please!"

I cannot believe she did this. I can't. I'm in shock. Somebody bitch slap me ou
Merna
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I literally cannot find an accurate reason to why I read the entire Strange Angels series.

The series was suggested to me by someone who said it was similar to Vampire Academy. I haven’t been in contact with that certain person in quite a while, but If I was, I would suggest the most dreadful and terrible series ever to be published, and be absolutely sure this particular person reads it.

Oh wait, I’m able to summon up a reason. It was the love triangle. I desperately needed to know who Dru ende
Amber
NO....I'm not ready for this series to end :(

2/23/12
I've just finished.... Not sure what to say right now so will be back with a rating and some thoughts.
Summer
Nov 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
Anne
Oct 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Loved it! The entire book was action packed and had me cheering for a great YA heroine! 4.5 to 5 star book...easy.
Until the ending knocked it down to 3 stars.
*balloon deflates...*

Amanda The Book Slayer
Warning: if you liked this book you may be offended by my review. If I could give this book NO stars I would.

WHAT THE FUCK? I just spent hours reading 5 books to get an ending like that. I want my time back! We have the love triangle throughout and instead of Dru picking one she goes all out for *girl power* ! Graves ditches her and she tells Chris she is crept out by him and he is too old. But she might pick him she just doesn't know. REALLY! I repeat I have read 5 books to get to this ending.
Kate (Nomalicious Reads)
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
More reviews can be found at my blog: Nomalicious Reads

Being a big fan of the Strange Angel's series I was beyond excited to get my hands on Reckoning, the final book in the series to find out what would happen to Dru and her companions... then the book came out and not being able to wait patiently for it to get to my mailbox I started reading reviews zealously and became terrified.

That's right, reviews... made me terrified to read the end of one of my favourite series!

After I read some people's
Victoria
OMG I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK TO COME OUT ITS THE FINALE!!
THE LAST BOOK OF THE "STRANGE ANGELS" SERIES !!!
THATS SO SAD!!
BUT I CANT WAIT WHOOOOO!
IN NEEDS TO COME OUT ALREADY!!!

okay so i just read the book and im sorry but i was a little disapointed and what the hell?
they didnt even say dru's name!! i thought they were supposed to reveal it!!
Shelley
*Rating* 2.5
*Genre* YA Paranormal

*Review*

Five books. Five books and the only thing we definitely know is that the bad guy got dead. Yes, I did say got dead sue me!

Five books and Dru ends up with a penny, instead of a hundred dollar bill. Readers divided themselves into Team Christophe and Graves only to be left holding the bag with this release and the subsequent decisions by both Graves and Dru. So, again, what was the point in continuing this series past the first three books?

Then there is th
Dina
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Was I disappointed, I'm not sure. The book had endless adventures. There were some really interesting things we learned about Dru. Lots of questions still that were not answered. New questions added, such as the hexes she saw, the blue and red. I think the love triangle ended fine, but I still think she is a bit hard on Chris. She was honest with Graves but she wasn't honest with Chris completely, only telling him the things holding her back and never telling him the things that she adored about ...more
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Man oh man, what a conclusion. Lili St. Crow writes emotions and mixed feelings so damned well. I could feel the frustration and self-hate and confusion that Dru experiences like they were my own emotion.

Dru is on the run with Ash and Graves, not returning to the Order, since they sold her out once and she is unwilling to trust herself to them again, since they're not the most reliable at keeping her afe. Dru figures she's just as safe (or not) on her own. The trio runs away, gets into trouble (
Chloe
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Seriously I need this book right now. I am so exited I really want to see what will happen with Dru and Christophe I'm really hoping that they will get togeather and stay together. Another thing I'm really exited to read is when Christophe will see Dru when she is a full svetocha. I also cant wait till we get to read about Dru's full powers and all of the new things that she will be able to do. All in all I cant wait till I can read this book! <3
♛✨  Christine ♛✨
DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY MY RATING!
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this series but gave this novel 3 stars because of the way the author had ended it. So many things unresolved and there is absolutely no HEA. Plus, she's not doing another novel to complete it.

However other than this, this is a fine, fine series!
Melyssa
WHAT THE CRAP...? Seriously... what the. I can't believe she ended it on that note(?)... If you can call that a note. Maybe she'll pull out another book, even though she said this was the last one... Authors do that all the time, right? RIGHT?!?
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Gaahhhhhhh! The last Strange Angels book. Noooooo!

Ahhhhhhh!!! It's got a cover and description!!! Yay!!!!! Can't wait for this one and i haven't even read the 4th! The last one is gonna be sad.
Christy
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cheryl
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Okay, the jacket doesn't look like something I'd picture on Dru, but I love this cover! The model is perfect (and yea for having the same girl on all the covers), exactly what I'd picture Dru would look like, and I love the aspect running through her.

I can't wait to read this book, but it sucks that it's the last one in the series.

************

7/22/12 - In Reckoning, Dru, Graves and Ash are on the run following their escape from Sergej. Dru has decided to go to the last, safest place she has, eve
Keziah
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pretty Awesome cover!!!!! Sooooooooo Many books are coming out this November.
EDIT:
Ending sucked hard!! I've come to expect this from most of Lilith's book though. We have to beg her for a small short story to really close things up. But if i know her she won't come back to it anytime soon.( it took 3 years for us to get a proper ending for Selene and that still sucked) The character's story is over. Maybe in a couple years but still. Everything else was good though. Oh well i have to go read a
Magdalena
I must say I did not like that book as much as the previous ones in the series. It felt somewhat repetitive. Dru escaping, then getting caught and escaping again and so on. And then her inability to choose between Graves and Christophe. I know she is only young and undergoing many changes in her life, but really? And that ending... Not cool Ms St.Crow. It just felt that for a final book it was a bit of a letdown.
Helen
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
All I can think of to say is that I'm sad to see the series end this way... Maybe there's a spin off, I don't know. But it wasn't exactly the way I wanted to see things come to an end for Dru.
Whitney
Oh my Cheez-Its. That can't be the ending. SO MUCH IS LEFT IN A CLIFFHANGERRR.

*le sigh* I don't want to say much, in fear of spoiling anything. But I will say that this is a somewhat satisfying ending to this series. I do believe I felt more sorry for Graves than anybody. Then Christophe. Hell, I felt sorry for Dru. But then it's like, Well you're kick-ass and stubborn. You'll find a way out of it eventually. And man, there was a lot of action in this one too. I mean, dur. You're going to expect
Sammy
Sep 18, 2011 added it
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I borrowed all the books yesterday and finished them today and I have to say this series has me hooked!!! especially with Christophe (I'm into the dark-handsome-sexy-nice-smelling-guys).
Dru better choose him cos I am fed up with her not trusting him and treating him like crap... he took 3 bullets for her and ran into a burning building. he saved her so many times from his own father and when he always turns back and asks her if she's all right my heart melts.. and he's a char
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
Whaat? That's an ending?!? It's like the last part of this book is missing! I need some closure! Very unsatisfying open ending is all I have to say.

I am so annoyed with Dru and her actions right now, mad about the way the love-triangle was resolved (or should I say unresolved?) and just overall disappointed with this conclusion.

Not sure yet with the rating. I read it whole in a few days and it wasn't all bad, but I still may change it to 1 star just for the bullshit ending.
Booknut
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Dru's all badass and stuff:

Christophe is taking advantage of the uncertainty between Graves and Dru - in other words, sneaking in some movie-worthy moments like this one:

And Chris and Dru have all kinds of cute banter:

Serej is all:

And Graves is a somewhat awkward squirrel. Who doesn't seem to realise that being hot 'n't cold with a girl never leads to good results.

The Ending (Reckoning Spoilers, Obviously) 77 561 Dec 29, 2018 07:18AM
Should the ending have been different or do you want another book? 5 16 Mar 20, 2015 08:16PM
What do you think Dru stands for? 3 15 Mar 20, 2015 12:18AM
Graves or Christophe? 75 105 Mar 01, 2015 09:25AM
was anyone else disappointed? 15 61 Feb 14, 2014 09:49AM
Is there going to be another book after Reckoning? 5 51 Feb 14, 2014 09:30AM
What happened to Ash? 2 50 Aug 18, 2012 09:55AM

• Angel Town (Jill Kismet, #6)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Damned (Crusade, #2)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Fever (Dark Touch, #3)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
  • Charmfall (Dark Elite, #3)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
Lili St. Crow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as an Air Force brat, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, in a house full of stray cats and children.

Lili St. Crow also writes as Lilith Saintcrow.

Strange Angels (5 books)
  • Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
“You can scrub and scrub, but sometimes something doesn't just go away. It . . . it stains you.” 56 likes
“Anything for you, Dru. And I mean it. Now, be quiet and let me concentrate.” 44 likes