Start by marking “Listomania” as Want to Read:
Listomania

Listomania

Organized into eight chapters, Listomania covers questions of human behavior, trivia facts about geography (past and present), etymology, mythology, ancient and recent history, as well as pop culture. Some of the lists included are:

10 Tiny Terrors: a list of the ten most petite world leaders (yes, some were shorter than Napoleon!)
43 Famous People Who Were Adopted (e.g. Ste
Published October 1st 2011 by Harper Design (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Listomania, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Listomania

Emily
Sep 25, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, art
This book of lists and infographics was right up my alley - I love strange facts! The only problem I have with books like this is that they get out-of-date pretty fast. In a few years, some of this may not be true. But for now - it's great! An easy read while your husband plays video games or you are watching a movie you hate.
Jan 01, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sarah by: Bryan Aptekar
I received this one as a present from a good friend who knows I love stuff like this. This is a super-fun book of random infographics and facts. There were loads of things that prompted me to go done the rabbit hole of Google, because my interest was piqued.

[Finished book #1 of 2012.]
Luanne Ollivier
Jan 11, 2012 Luanne Ollivier rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book!! I'm a sucker for those best of books and year end compilations but Listomania is absolutely addicting.

I've had this book for a bit and have been picking it up over the course of the last month and I've read every page at last. We've had so much fun at home asking each other if we can come up with some of the entries on the list. Examples? There are 62 rooms you might find in a house...name as many as you can.There's a list of movies with 'ridiculously high body counts'
Mark Schlatter
Aug 19, 2014 Mark Schlatter rated it liked it
Shelves: shreve, new_book_area
Back in the seventies, I was a big fan of the Wallechinsky/Wallace fact publishing machine (The Book of Lists, The People's Almanac, and their sequels). There was an air of hip irreverence that strongly appealed to a pre-teen raised on World Book Encyclopedias. Listomania scratches the same itch, but with a nod to the infographics movement --- each list is spread over two pages with integrated and very colorful graphics. Some of the pieces make full use of the medium --- I especially liked the m ...more
Lucy
Jun 02, 2013 Lucy rated it it was amazing
This is another of those fascinating eclectic trivia books organized into chapters: Things that have come, gone, and stayed; Questionable actions and ideas; Good, bad, popular, and unpopular ideas; Important and trivial measures; Places we live and places we don't; Great (and not so great) kinds of entertainment; Things you might eat or drink (or not); Creatures both real and imaginary; Heights and depths of human behavior; Amazing things about this book.
My favorite is four national borders wher
Vanessa
Jan 14, 2012 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This book is a gorgeous, visual cortex overload of sometimes cheekily illustrated lists that runs the gamut of useful (if you are gay or transgendered, you should migrate to Canada or Iceland), educational (the animal with the longest migratory travels is the Arctic Tern), important safety tips (firing a gun sideways might look cool on-screen but the recoil can cause a nasty arm injury) and useless but fun (there is a list of an slightly astonishing 14 movies with giant rabbits.) Whatever your i ...more
Ilinalta
Feb 28, 2015 Ilinalta rated it really liked it
This is one of my favourite books to read. It’s so easy just to randomly flip to a page and learn something new. It’s filled with fun, interesting, crazy facts about basically anything. And it’s arranged in such a creative graphical way, which makes it so much easier to remember the facts. I gotta say, the stuff I do remember from the book definitely impressed some of my friends. C:

Blog. Full review on here plus photos from the book. Pretty awesome.
Kim
Feb 01, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
I'm one of those people who is obsessed with lists. I love making them, I love it when I can put a big V behind an item whenever I finish doing something, and what I love most is reading them. (I'm not talking about grocery lists etc., unless when people put odd things on them)

This book is full of lists which are sometimes funny, sometimes creepy and always interesting.
John Orman
Mar 31, 2012 John Orman rated it really liked it
Lists, lists, and more lists. Even lists of lists! I am using the List of Deadly Pastimes to update my Bucket List--elevator surfing, base jumping, volcano boarding. That kind of stuff. Also liked the list of Biggest Conspiracies--wonder if any of the proposed entries was erased by Big Government or Evil Aliens. Another favorite list was Things Built By Aliens. Very Fascinating Book!
Kirsti
Sep 04, 2012 Kirsti rated it really liked it
Entertaining information on mythical beasts, cannibalism, different forms of marriage, the top cheese-eating countries, and hats. Very useful if you want to know what a doggie says in Russian ("hav-hav").
David
Jun 11, 2014 David rated it it was amazing
This book was really fascinating! I loved the visual take on listing random interesting facts, and admittedly a lot of them I didn't know, and the way the images themselves were shown was entertaining. I'm really pleased I checked it out!
Chris
Jun 09, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book! The pictures are quirky and gorgeous in their simplicity. The subjects are so unique and fun. Everytime I read this book, some member of my family seemed to be trying to find a way to get it out of my hands so they could read it. Part II please?
Jack Mccall
Apr 20, 2015 Jack Mccall rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Cat.
Jul 02, 2012 Cat. rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, trivia
Fun, easy to read graphics. Probably took me less than 90 minutes of concentrated attentiveness. I read it while I was working a Scholastic book fair, and while waiting for my laptop to boot up.
Tasha
Well done fun!!!
Paul McNeil
Apr 18, 2012 Paul McNeil rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, humor
If I had a coffee table, this is the kind of fun book I would have there- tons of quirky infographics listing the most random facts you can find.
Katie
Feb 11, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
A really interesting and fun book. I enjoyed it a lot. And I learned a lot.
Alex
Aug 03, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing
I love the random facts listed in this book and it's design is fabulously fun! I think textbooks should use this book as an example to showcase facts and stories to encourage learning!
L0rINg303
Mar 03, 2016 L0rINg303 rated it really liked it
Extremely informational, a perfect non-fiction for young adults and adults alike.
Lorraine
Jul 20, 2012 Lorraine rated it really liked it
A very entertaining & visual book. Highlights include a list of the top 10 weird things to see on googlemaps, like the coordinates at which you can see a giant bird carved in a mountain side
Emmy
May 04, 2015 Emmy rated it really liked it
I love lists, so this was super-fun. Plus, I learned a lot! I'll be so exciting at my next cocktail party armed with this knowledge ^_^
Abraham Ray
Feb 23, 2012 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
intersting book of lists
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Tammie
Tammie rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Lucas Mergan
Lucas Mergan rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Icegirl
Icegirl rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
Paul Ispas
Paul Ispas rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Rox
Rox rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Listing my book 1 5 Jul 23, 2014 10:06AM
  • Baby Geisha
  • IF U DONT LOVE THE MOON YOUR AN ASS HOLE
  • The Really Funny Thing About Apathy
  • Stories V!
  • More Show Me How: Everything We Couldn’t Fit in the First Book Instructions for Life from the Everyday to the Exotic
  • Zen and the Beat Way
  • Infographica: The World As You Have Never Seen It Before
  • Merchants of Despair: Radical Environmentalists, Criminal Pseudo-Scientists, and the Fatal Cult of Antihumanism
  • Smothered in Hugs: Essays, Interviews, Feedback, and Obituaries
  • Cat Power: A Good Woman
  • Look! Look! Feathers
  • Collected Screenplays 1: Jokes / Gummo / julien donkey-boy
  • Shake
  • A World of Curiosities: Surprising, Interesting, and Downright Unbelievable Facts from Every Nation on the Planet
  • Normally Special