Start by marking “Cadence (American Anthem #2)” as Want to Read:
Cadence (American Anthem #2)

Cadence (American Anthem #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  126 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
" Cadence" reunites us with Andrew Carmichael, an inner city physician, and his partner in practice, Bethany Cole, one of the first female physicians in America, who share a desire to serve the poor with their healing skills and with love. As the story continues, they discover that they share more than a professional passion--they share a love for each other.

Set in late ni
Published August 14th 2003 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Cadence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cadence

Jerry
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A continuation of this great series; I've really enjoyed this author's books so far!
Nancy Shaffer
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New author to me, recommended by a friend. Very good!
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Jan 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Cadence, book 2 in the American Anthem series, picks up where Prelude ends. I enjoyed it even more than the first one.

Dr. Andrew Carmichael wonders how he will tell Dr. Bethany Cole of his love for her, and when he does, what will her reaction be when she learns of his past.

The MacGovern family finds that America isn't quite as promising as they had anticipated. However, a chance encounter with a stallion, recently purchased by Michael Emmanuel, brings hope to the family.

Susannah and Michael r
Melissa
(My following review was written October 21, 2003. I might tone down my enthusiasm a bit now because of a few things.)
I was once again drawn into the lives of each intricate character. I didn't want to put it down, but had to at times. (You have to eat and sleep at least a little, right?)

Susanna, haunted with fears of failure, refuses to play for Michael's orchestra when he asks her to.

Dr. Andrew Carmichael tries to find a way to tell Dr. Bethany Cole his feelings for her-and his secret past.

Th
Ellie
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
In her true story-telling fashion, B.J. Hoff brings us the next mesmerizing instalment in her American Anthem series. Revisit the characters first introduced in PRELUDE, and be swept away in the saga that unfolds, where love grows amidst heartbreak and misconception, and hope is restored despite grievous loss. The colourful setting of late 1800's New York is punctuated with the music of the era, presenting trials and triumphs that will resonate with the reader. Old and new fans of B.J.'s histori ...more
Linda
Apr 02, 2012 added it
B. J. Hoff continues the story of Susanna an Irish woman come to live in America. The inter stories Have Conn and Vangie living on the edge in a shack in Irish town. Conn goes to the rescue of Micheal's new stallion on the docks and ends up with a job and a house for his family at Micheal's estate. A good story where Susanna comes to see her gifts are hers.
April
Oct 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book by this author! I ordered the third book in the series as soon as I finished this one!
Odetta
Sep 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Odetta by: Talking Books
This came from Talking Books in cassette. Cassette is hard to handle. I had not heard the first book & this was a sequel. It was hard to follow, so I slept through most of it.
Liz
Sep 16, 2011
Chantelle
May 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Passage Into Light (The Russians, #7)
  • Fifth Seal (A.D. Chronicles #5)
  • Urgent Care (Healing Touch Series, #3)
  • Out of the Storm
  • Caught in the Middle (Amhearst Mystery Series #1)
  • Race For Freedom (The Riverboat Adventures, #2)
  • Annison's Risk (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #3)
  • Gideon's Torch
  • On the Trail of the Truth (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #3)
  • The Emerald Isle (Heirs of Cahira O'Connor #4)
  • Jordan's Crossing
  • Riders of the Silver Rim (Saga of the Sierras, #2)
BJ Hoff’s writing is known for her historical settings, her unforgettable characters, and her lyrical prose. She is the bestselling author of numerous historical fiction series, including the Riverhaven Years, the Mountain Song Legacy, the Song of Erin saga, the American Anthem series, An Emerald Ballad series, and her newest book Harp on the Willow.

Her five-volume Emerald Ballad series was the fi
More about B.J. Hoff

American Anthem (3 books)
  • Prelude (American Anthem #1)
  • Jubilee (American Anthem #3)