Start by marking “Doppio delitto” as Want to Read:
Doppio delitto

Doppio delitto (In Death #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  40,355 Ratings  ·  1,808 Reviews
Si chiamava Cicely Towers ed era un procuratore distrettuale di New York. Sempre elegante, disinvolta, stimata da tutti. Ma ora giace riversa sul marciapiede di un quartiere malfamato, con la gola tagliata. Per Eve Dallas, tenente della squadra Omicidi, è ben più di un semplice delitto...
Published February 2007 by Tea (first published December 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Doppio delitto, please sign up.

Jacquelyn Patterson Apprentice in Death (munber 43) just came out as well.

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.75 Stars

I enjoyed it, albeit not as much as the first one.
Regardless, I am loving Eve and Roarke and am having fun with this series so far.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Kick-ass Stars

I'm sooo hooked on this series. I can't believe I kept postponing reading it. I would say that my review will come soon but it probably won't because I'd have to stop reading to write it.

Jilly
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, mystery, romance
Murder Mystery set in the future with the best alpha male love interest ever? Yes please! I'll take 43 of them (holy crap this series has a lot of books!). And, while you are at it, I have a list of items that I would like from these books:

1. AutoChef - cooks my food for me. I need this like I need chocolate.
2. Flying cars/hovering cars/self-driving cars. One of each, please.
3. Floating mattress with vibrations and gentle movements.
4. Bedroom droid that keeps my room clean.
5. Body dryer in my s
Shawna
Apr 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense, tough heroines, & mysterious, dangerous, deliciously sexy alpha heroes
Recommended to Shawna by: Mom & several GR friends
Shelves: cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, favorites, romantic-suspense, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, author-nora-roberts-jd-robb, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-i-adore, hero-alpha‎, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, favorite-romance-series, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hero-i-wanna-marry, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, hero-addict-excon-lawtrouble-thief, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, 2010-reads, series-in-death, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, hero-commoner-self-made, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, heroine-tomboy-lady-in-pants, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, 5-stars, hero-redeems-himself-reformed, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hero-brooding, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-rags-to-riches, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, heroine-miss-independent, a-all-time-favorite-heroine, a-all-time-favorite-hero, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, hh-famous-celebrity, heroine-plucky-lively-feisty-spunky, heroine-hoyden, hero-sharp-dressed-man, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, hero-sexy-suit-tie-wearing-bad-boy, hh-same-couple-trilogy-or-series, hero-protective, hero-business-owner, hero-criminal-shady-illegal-acts, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious, a-all-time-favorite-hh-couples, hero-uber-filthy-rich-bazillionaire, hero-poor-lower-class-background, hero-enigmatic-mysterious, hero-in-pursuit, heroine-reclusive, heroine-uber-damaged-scarred, hero-uber-damaged-scarred, heroine-i-wanna-smack-shake-and-hug, hero-smart-brainy-nerd-geektastic, heroine-cynical, crime-mystery-suspense-thriller-fic, fave-hero-ever-marry-me-roarke, best-fave-brilliant-worldbuilding
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

Okay, I think I'm officially hooked on this series. After reading and loving Naked in Death, I immediately jumped right into reading this, and it's another great book in an addictive series.

I find the futuristic elements interesting, but I like that it's not too distracting to the story and characters. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a complex character who I sort of feel a love/hate relationship towards because her toughness, dedication to justice, and devotion to representi
Brenda
The murder of prominent DA Cicely Towers in the wet darkness of a cold night started Lieutenant Eve Dallas on a case involving high profile women and brutal murder. Her immediate appointment as primary by her commander kept the pressure on – Eve’s assistance by fellow officer Feeney a boon. But there was another murder too soon and before they had any suspects. Could Eve crack this high profile case before more women were murdered? Was she in danger herself as another woman in the limelight?

Glor
Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is every bit as good second time around as it was the first and this particular book is one of the best ones. Eve and Rourke are at the beginning of their relationship and Eve is fighting it every inch of the way. Tissues are a required accompaniment to chapter nine. Peabody appears for the first time. Roarke does his very macho thing to protect his woman. All good in the land of 'In Death'. Love it:)
Buggy
Opening Line: "The dead were her business."

I originally started JD Robb’s In Death series because it was recommended to me by well… everyone. And Yes it is good. In fact I ended up liking this 2nd instalment even more then the first, however (except for Roarke) I don't totally love it either. The writing is top notch and Robb spins an easy to read, dark mystery filled with lots of interesting suspects(including Roarke again.) But I’m just not a fan of the police procedurals and therefore large p
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View review on Under the Covers

I WANT TO MARRY YOU, ROARKE!!!!!

I'm going to use this review as an excuse to post more Gandy Candy.

Opening line: “The dead were her business.”

From that first line, I was sucked in. There is something about Robb’s writing that just sucks me in completely. I love the way she describes things. I love the way the words flow and I love that there’s this sense of detachment or coldness in the overall tone of her writing. It makes the mystery of the story that much more
Emily May

I intended to write a full review of this but there's not that much which needs to be said. A lot of what I mentioned in my review of Naked in Death also applies to the second novel. Excellent psychological murder mystery with a small romance story that just complements the novel as a whole and doesn't swamp it. Interesting characters, easy to read and even a dose of smut to go with it! Do you really want anything else?

Talia (Red Hot Ink)

He could do that to her, and for her, she realized. He could open little pockets of peace.

The second book in the In-Death series didn't disappoint. If the first one blew me away with its originality and characters (Roarke, anyone?), this second was a solid sequel. The only reason I gave it one star less was because of the case itself, which I found less interesting, especially because of Roarke's low involvement in it. Or, more properly, at first his involvement mirrored a lot the r
Hulya Kara Yuksel
I'm cheating my husband with ROARKE. Yeah yeah, I'm in too much trouble. :D God dammit Roarke. Why are you so cute? :)

♥Sharon♥
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

And the LOVE continues! Glory in Death was fantastic. I even enjoyed it just a little bit more which was such a great feeling. It was a combination of things that made it a little better……..

❤ The chemistry between Eve and Roark is explosive. I savored every single moment they were together. I love that he calls her darling.

❤ The side characters Feeney, Mavis, Commander Whitney and Summerset continue to shine. Summerset is a bit of a mystery to me though. I’m looking forward his back story.

❤ J.D
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Science Fiction for people who don't like Science Fiction!

Glory in Death is the second book in J.D. Robb’s wildly popular, futuristic, In Death series, and just like the first book, it’s an exciting, gritty, thrilling read.

The Story -

Two prominent women and a third ‘accidental’ have been found with their throats slashed, and as primary on the case, Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has her hands full. With the list of suspects rising along with the death count, Eve is mentally and emotionally pushe
valee
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy I have found another series this good. I must admit I wasn't expecting to like it this much. What makes me the most happy person on Earth is that I heard every book in this series is as good as this first 2 and as there are 30 more of them still to read I will be extremely entertained for quite a while.

For what I have read and been told, every book in this series solves a different crime while Eve's and Roarke's relationship develops. I must say that this too have become one of my a
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
As always it was a great book. I even enjoyed that Roarke broke down Eve's walls, well at least one of them. They make such a great pair and the ending was also a great surprise as always.
Well written and great mystery.
Alex ♈
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspense – 4.5 stars / Romance 2.5 stars

Still can’t believe this book was written 22 years ago!
The author and her heroine have brilliant mind. Brilliant!

As to the romance - I still didn’t like Roarke. Their conflict, above all his behaviour, at the beginning was childish. And I found some of h’s actions regarding the H a bit weak.
But I don’t give up hope to like him better.
And if not, I’ll still enjoy the hell out of crime suspense!
Jo
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All RS fans!
The dead were her business. She lived with them, worked with them, studied them. She dreamed of them. And because that didn’t seem to be enough, in some deep, secret chamber of her heart, she mourned for them.

Glory in Death takes place a few months after the previous book. Murder never stops and Lieutenant Eve Dallas finds herself once again in a high-profile case when a well-known woman is murdered. And when another successful and famous woman is murdered, Eve works quickly to find connectio

Duchess Nicole
I know this is first and foremost a murder mystery series but I can't stop thinking about Roarke. Let me get those pesky details out of the way and then commence the gushing, mnkay?

So the opening scene is once again Eve being called to the scene of a grisly murder. The chick's throat is slashed....blah blah....suspect must hate women...blah...Eve is super duper intuitive...blah, blah blah blah...lots of rich society people.....blah...reporters, policemen and detectives.

There! Necessary info out
Lakshmi C
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder no longer shocked, but it continued to repel.
Eve is direct, straight forward.

Cars with auto pilot - Yesss!!! Take that road rage

On Roarke - Fallen angel. Yes he is.

Eve finds it difficult to turn to Roarke, to open up to him. He's trying to understand but his patience wears thin.

Eve struggles with her emotions, expressing herself. Her detatchment gives her distance and a logical mind. It's sort of effortless, not moving through the murky waters of emotion

"There's that fang-toothed, dickle
Çisem
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zaten 5'den aşağı puan veremem Roarke varken.

Allahım ROARKE!!! R.O.A.R.K.E.!!!! Sen ne muhteşem bir adamsın yaaaa *-*
Eve paçozu da başta beni delirtse de sonunda adam oldu :D Senin kıymetini bilmeyenler utansın Roarke'cum. Bu arada kurgu güzeldi zaten gördüğünüz gibi ona hiç değinmiyorum bile.

Son olarak Roarke'a bir şarkı armağan etmek istiyorum;
Adını dağlara yazdım yarim
Buğulu camlara kazdım....
Ann Lou
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am seriously loving this series. More murder, mystery and more Roarke. *grins* But this should be taken in little doses. Need to read something in between :)
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
****** 5 "Perfect Timing" Stars *****

“Fuck him."

Feeney made a sound like a man who'd been pinched. "Christ Jesus, Dallas, you're in St. Pat's."

"If God's going to make little weasels like him, she's going to have to listen to complaints.”

And this is why I love Eve Dallas so much. She heart a stone heart that tells you exactly how it is. There is bubble wrapped words when it comes to Eve. BUT.... said heart is starting to warm and it has all to do with the sexy Roarke, which by the way, HE BELO
 Anna (Wicked Book Blog)
While the story is initially what grabs you when you choose a book, isn't it the characters that keep you reading?

In this series, they certainly are.

The second book shows how the relationship between Eve and Roake evolves.
Eve is reluctant and scared of commitment which makes Roarke furious at most times. So you know what he does? Give her a taste of her own medicine. Yes, he's a vicious little smartass but we love him for that ;)

When things stop working or seem difficult, really all you need
Sombra
Últimamente no estaba dando 5 estrellas a ningún libro que caía en mis manos y me alegro mucho de que haya sido precisamente este libro el que me haya hecho volver a esa época en la que un libro de este género me enganchaba tanto.

Divina ante la muerte es, para mi gusto personal, muchísimo mejor que el primero y un enganche total a una serie, que, si no me convencía por la cantidad de libros que tiene y porque todos son del mismo personaje, ahora solo espero tener tiempo de poder leer todos basta
Eastofoz
Dec 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like a dollop of romance with their futuristic mystery novel
Overall “Glory in Death” is a good mystery/suspense story but if you’re looking for an equal balance of romance, seeing as it’s listed as « romantic suspense », you won’t get that here. The story is relatively quick paced and you have a good futuristic feel, but I kept wanting to read more about the growing intimacy between Roarke and Eve. The book is more borderline fiction than romance I thought because Robb tends to gloss over the steam a little too often and focus more on the rest of the sto ...more
P.A. Lupton
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book on audio. I don't know if it was because the narrator was so good (I read book 1) or if it was the story, but I liked this book a lot more than book 1. This is a fantastic series.

Eve is a fantastic character. She's tough, kick ass, smart, and she has hints of a troubled past. I like that the author doesn't dump a ton of information on us about her past, she gives tidbits in each book.

Roarke is sexy, arrogant, rich, and sensitive. I absolutely love him as a hero. These t
Piper
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Well if there was any doubt before, (which there wasn't) I now declare my love for Roarke!! He is the perfect man, if there is such a thing. Gah!!

Loved this second installment of many. Will I ever get them all read? It will be fun trying!!!
mich
3.5 stars same as the first book but I rounding up this time. Cuz despite its many flaws, I find myself on board with this series. I really like Eve and Roarke and I LOVED the relationship drama in this one (wish it had lasted longer though tbh (view spoiler) ...more
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK: JANUARY 24, 2014 - 5 STARS
Narrator: Cristine McMurdo-Wallis

Naturally, I couldn't remember any of the 9 In Death books that I read pre-2008 and to find a review or book blurb on GR is not easy because all anyone really talks about, or remembers, or bothers with, is Roarke. It's nothing but Roarke, Roarke, Roarke, from start to finish; from one book to the next.

Long after NR stops writing the series, I and countless other In Death fans, will still be smitten with him. Today, n
MaryG2E
This futuristic crime novel is a well-written, well-plotted, straight-forward narrative, which has a pleasing blend of police procedural and sexy romance. Robb enjoys dissecting the lifestyles and habits of the NY elite and powerful, holding up their sordid secrets to our scrutiny. Roarke is not immune from this and we get little hints that Eve’s handsome, powerful lover has some unsavoury episodes in his past. However, in terms of the whodunnit, all of this juicy detail is misdirection on the p ...more
Around the Year i...: Glory in Death (In Death #2), by J.D. Robb 1 13 Jan 20, 2017 05:49AM
J.D. Robb : Glory In Death Buddy Read - Feb. 2016 (Spoiler Zone) 385 75 Apr 21, 2016 06:42PM
A Million More Pages: 2 - Glory in Death (In Death): May 10 55 29 Jun 16, 2015 03:17PM
J.D. Robb : Glory in Death (Spoiler Zone) 61 101 Oct 28, 2014 12:52PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #7 - Glory in Death 1 2 Jan 31, 2014 12:40PM
J.D. Robb : Not Quite Right 11 54 Jul 25, 2013 11:33AM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Ice Blue (Ice, #3)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Heart of Fire
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Secrets in Death, on sale September 2017, is the 45th e ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)

“We're standing here, beat to shit, walking away from a crime scene where either or both of us could have bought it, and you're asking me to marry you?"
"Perfect timing.”