Start by marking “The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” as Want to Read:
The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

Title: Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari Binding: Paperback Author: Robin Sharma Publisher: THORSONS ELEMENT
Published November 1st 2011 by Harper Element (first published 2011)

Arin Yes it is good for someone who finds himself caught in the riddle of overthinking and anxiety and wanting to get rid of it. It offers some useful insi…moreYes it is good for someone who finds himself caught in the riddle of overthinking and anxiety and wanting to get rid of it. It offers some useful insights to focus on what is important to your daily well being and health. The character that is giving these pieces of insights from Indian yogis actually had a heart attack, which is depicted to be a result of his overloaded work life. It is also enjoyable for those who like to read a dialogue in a story. and those who like to read philosophy for leisure.(less)

Start your review of The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Mohamed
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-enlightment
I will review the letters one by one:

1) The Power of Authenticity: I've been thinking about this for quite a long time. People always tend to interfere in one's life and it happens a lot of time that you do things that you don't want or like to do, or meet some people whom you don't like. Be authentic means for me removing all the people's influences from your life. It needs courage to do so and face the consequences. On the other hand, like it or not, you are a part of big society and no one ca
Priyanka
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing

THE SECRET LETTERS OF THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI... A breathtaking beautiful book. As the main character in the book travels around the world for collecting talismans, the reader also seems to move with the character. Truly amazing experience! And with each talisman, a new dimension of life unfolds to inspire in its own unique way. A must read. An asset for lifetime...
CuteBadger
Jan 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
A stressed and unhappy businessman is sent on a round-the-world trip to retrieve some talismans by his uncle, a Buddhist monk. The people Jonathan meets along the way, and the lessons attached to each of the talismans, teach him how to live a better life and focus on family and friends rather than on money and advancement.

This is far from being the kind of book I usually read, and I was totally unaware of Robin Sharma’s existence before I read it. I was sent it to review or wouldn’t have ever ha
Cynthia Peña
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have always believed in people coming into your life for a reason. This book did not get into my hands accidentally; I didn't buy it in a bookstore. It was lent to me by a Lebanese friend who I consider "the cure to all my pains" here in KSA.

The secret letters mentioned in the title are the Talisman letters which Jonathan Landry, a career-oriented engineer whose personal life was in disarray, had to collect (primarily, the talismans were the ones he had to collect) from different people in di
Razan Alghriafi
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it
The book may contain every thing you know. but absolutely, in the way you don't know.
The writer has simply summarized his main purpose of this book in this quotation:
"It's not what you will get out of the books that is so enriching - it is what the books will get out of you that will ultimately change your life. Books do not actually teach you anything new. Books simply help you to see what is already within your self."
Miramek
Jul 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
I felt like I was reading the script of a badly written infomercial. It had every single corny quote posted as a teenager's Facebook status. Very little to make use of in the book. Disappointing.
Ivi Oltovska
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wonderfully written
Sowmya's book world
highly disappointed (2.5*)
It’s my 3rd book of robin sharma and i have always cherished his books. i like the positive energy he puts in his books.

So what's new in this book-- "Nothing". He was again preaching the same kind of thoughts which he tells in all other books but what bored me is a plot. The whole book was like a travel map where Jonathan travels continuously. I felt like there was lot of things written just to fill pages. The entire summary of the book was just concluded in the last
Vignesh Mohan
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved the way it combines adventure n such nice messages to soothe the heart !
Anirudh
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not having read 'the monk who sold his ferrari', I went this one without any prior expectations. In some ways I guess this worked better for me, as I did not know what to expect. The story narrates about Jonathan Laundry,a man running the inescapable rat race of modern human life. With an over-demanding job, a failing marriage and a disappointed son, Jonathan is a man in trouble. Suddenly one day he receives a call to go visit an Uncle (the original monk) in Buenos Aries. He is assigned with a t ...more
Jeena
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you are a person fed up with the chaos in your life, and looking for a breathe of fresh air, you should pick this book.
And if you are content and happy with your current life situation, you should pick this, as well.
For either parties, this book takes you through the journey of the narrator and we are spiritually translated across the world and it's beauty.
The Letters, truly are thought-invoking, and makes us rethink what we do with our lives.
Kudos to Robin Sharma for subtly engaging us in wh
Uma
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is my non-fiction/motivational book for 2012, and this book came to me right at the beginning of the year(maybe this is a sign that I needed a reminder?). I like Robin Sharma's style to convey known truths, easily re-stressing the important things. Some things for me to put into practice going forward.
Tracy
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
The message is the same, it's basically the same book, not quite as cheesy. I just like his books! Lol... I always go back for more. Read it. It's nice to have a reminder to live your best life, and to get inspired to do so.
Swetha
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Swetha by: Dad
Shelves: 2k12
I really expected a lot from the book because I was inspired by his first one. But this was just an accumulation of such general thoughts. I would not give a rating above 3!
The ending was good though. :')
Wangui Mukiri
Oct 10, 2012 is currently reading it
A remarkable story on a journey of self discovery. Great insights on the exciting yet demanding road to living the authentic life.Does my work add value to my life or does it drain me out? Good read worth investing in
Crestina
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested
"Life's simplest pleasures are life's greatest joys."
Periša
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great messages, however the story was kind of obvious from the start.
Himani
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
"I am not going to live the same day over and over again, and call it a life."

I wished to flip through something very soft in the wording yet impactful and then I was recommended this book.

The Secret Letters is a tale about a man called Jonathan who is a cousin of Julian Mantle from The Monk who sold his Ferrari.

His life has fortune, wealth, spouse, a son yet it's breaking down.
He is almost on the verge of the rift from his wife and never able to keep his promises made to his child. All becaus
Fara Rashid
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book but all in all it has its fair share of good and bad points.

I’ll start with the bad qualities, the story was quite slow at the beginning and I was growing agitated with the main character as he is always complaining about everything although he could actually look at the bright side of things (eg: the chance to travel for free, lol). The values and lessons injected in the story are pretty much textbook stuff and things you’ve been taught in school and your
Samar
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was about Jonathan Landry and his journey around the world. The reason he is travelling the world is because he has come in contact with his lost relative Julian mantle who had earlier on disappeared into the Himalayas. Julien set Jonathan a task to collect talismans which have important information on them from some of Julian’s connections from around the world.
I gave this book 5 stars because some of the writing on the talismans were really deep and really wise and I think I've learn
Konstantinos
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked how the book has been proceeding through the chapters, even if there were cases it felt quite unstructured. The background narrative was too much of a cliche, the life of a successful lawyer and his ups and down in life. The gist of this book about how to give more attention in your life, your every single day and concentrate on the important parts of it, was really strong though. Lessons learned were great, they make you wonder about life, how do we actually handling it, spending ...more
Divya Agarwal
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the only book i have read twice and can probably read 100 times. This was also the book that marked my foray into self help books. Much better written in contrast to author's other books, it takes you to a journey you can never imagine. The language is simple, the teaching simpler and the feeling outstanding. It keeps you thinking about your life and everything about it. Even if you are not into motivational and self help books you should definitely try reading this.
Novel  Review
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Monk who sold his Ferrari - Ten ancient rituals for a radiant living. This whole book is written in form of experience share by Julian the exhausted lawyer, upon his odyssey to mystic land in the Himalayas.

Silvia
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is about how to find yourself, your goal and how to improve your life. There are points that seem to be realistic but i find it helpful with the specific ideas and key points that we can follow to build a good habit.
Flim
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I like it.
but don't enjoy too many storytellings as I don't read much of the drama, novel, and stuff.
some of the principle and wisdom i already learn since the young age when i was a monk

so this one is a so-so book for me
VaultOfBooks
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
By, Robin Sharma. Grade: A
I read The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari almost two years ago. Even then, despite my young age, I was able to understand whatever was written, and appreciate it, if not actually implement it effectively. The book was magical, and so, so, so inspiring.
Thus, when I was given the opportunity to read The Secret Letters of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari , I jumped at the opportunity. I was expecting something similar to its prequel.
The book was some of that, and a lot more.
The
Smit
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book I ever read. Worth reading it. Everyone should read it once and understand the book thoroughly. Recommended.
Deyth Banger
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fast_view
Robin Sharma is another Bob Proctor... another motivator...

But when helpless in life probably people like those could change your life!
Olwethu Nqevu
It was a great read for the beginning of the year. It really taught me more than I ever expected from any book. It helped me to organize my thoughts.
Mehul Gohil
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One more amazing book by Robin Sharma, What a author he is ...wow just wow. I am sure his books are really helping people to leave a great life, if people apply in their life.

Thank you will be really small word for Mr Rabin sharma and his work.

I just promise to Robin Sharma, will share his thoughts in my surrounding to make a world for better living

Thank you once again Mr Rabin Sharma, Looking forward to learn more lesson of life from you through your books

• The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
  • Muôn Kiếp Nhân Sinh: Many Lives Many Times
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Stephen Hawking: Extraordinary Life Lessons That Will Change Your Life Forever (Inspirational Books)
  • Dấu Chân Trên Cát
  • If You Want It Done Right, You Don't Have to Do It Yourself!: The Power of Effective Delegation
  • Hành Trình Về Phương Đông (Nguyên Phong Book 2)
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • Sống đơn giản cho mình thanh thản
  • Nóng Giận Là Bản Năng, Tĩnh Lặng Là Bản Lĩnh
  • Đừng Lựa Chọn An Nhàn Khi Còn Trẻ
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)
  • The Alchemist
  • 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Aanmigam oru thiravukol
  • Elon Musk: Creativity and Leadership lessons by Elon Musk
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

News & Interviews

“we grow fearless when we do the things we fear” 36 likes
“The most important gift we can give ourselves is the commitment to living our authentic life. To be true to ourselves, however, is not an easy task. We must break free of the seductions of society and live life on our own terms, under our own values and aligned with our original dreams. We must tap our hidden selves; explore the deep-seated, unseen hopes, desires, strengths and weaknesses that make us who we are. We have to understand where we have been and know where we are going.” 8 likes