Start by marking “The Bitter Seasons (Living with the Dead, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bitter Seasons (Living with the Dead, #2)

The Bitter Seasons (Living with the Dead #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  185 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Living With the Dead is a serialized story set in real time at the beginning of and during the zombie apocalypse. This volume collects the second six months of the story's first year.

As the group of survivors in Kentucky grows and the compound evolves into a true community, new hope rises. The struggle to live has become a cooperative effort by many to build something new.
Published February 28th 2011 by Joshua Guess

To ask other readers questions about The Bitter Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bitter Seasons

Rinny Rainwind
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing again!!!! Joshua Guess has an uncanny way of teaching you sympathy while showing you betrayal. This is book 2 in the series. An excellent second book that keeps the fight going for the survivors. So many things happen. It's a ride on the seat of your pants or the skin of your teeth. Ok gross, not in a Zombie Apocalypse. Anyway, a wonderful continuation of this series. A must read!!
Mkittysamom
Just Amazing

For an author to write this story as a blog, and be so creative..to keep the reader hooked and interested is a big deal! I am really digging this series! Each new book brings more revelations about humanity, more interesting problems and creative solutions. Reading about this community thriving in love is refreshing. There is still zombies and violence...but Joshua Guess somehow puts the real world right in there and some of his writing is profound!
Jeff Colgan
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I am a zombie fan. It doesn't mean I like everything but I do enjoy the stuff that is truly gifted. Like the walking dead, I am legend etc. Although I am a huge fan here the stories always stuck to some sort of similar theme. I ended up with the LwTd series by sheer coincidence as the whole series was free for a day on Amazon so I grabbed theme. I wasn't expecting much but for fun I started reading and two books later I can't stop. The story in the way it's told makes me feel apart of it.
Lucas Darathy
It was good. I feel like it dragged a little too much, and I don't mean the non-violent parts of it. I like the emotional, human scenes of these books. They make the story feel real. So when I say it dragged too much, I'm not saying I wanted more violence and gore. I'm saying I wanted more development.

That said, there's plenty of development in this book. There could've had more, it was quite dense and it took me a couple days to finish it. I'm still enjoying the series very much and I cannot wa
Jo Cochrane
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Yet again another read I couldn't put down! I don't know why I've never heard of this author before! His writing is refreshing and easy going! The main character isn't the hero you'd expect but just your every day normal nerd thrown into a world surviving the Fall of the human race!
Darcy Leerhoff
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Darcy by: no one
Shelves: zombie, series, 2, own-k, short
I would have given this a 5 star rating if there were a bit of humor in it. Otherwise, excellent read. Very thoughtful and thought provoking. A lot of excitement and drama.
Rebecca Trotter
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are a zombie fan, this is a MUST READ series. To me, this is more likely to be how the survivors survive.
Ashley
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books! Can't wait to start the third one!
Freedom
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I flew right thru this book. I really like the series so far.
Mike Herncane
Jan 07, 2014
Shannon Campos-hatfield
Apr 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #2)
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • Mace of the Apocalypse
  • In the Dead: Volume 1
  • Cold Faith and Zombies
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205
  • Dawn of Zombie Haiku
  • The Stadium (The Peeling, #2)
  • The Fall (Blue Plague, #1)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • 50 Shades of Gray Matter: Book 2 (The Swordsman Series)
  • Apocalypse End (Reign of the Dead #2)
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • The Passenger (Surviving the Dead, #3.5)
  • 30 Minute Plan
  • The Zombie Wilson Diaries
Joshua Guess (who goes by Josh most of the time, but Joshua professionally because his mom insists) is originally from southern Illinois, but moved to central Kentucky at an early age.
Always a storyteller, his interest in creating began with art. He loved to draw and come up with stories about his pictures.
Then he discovered comic books and novels, and things...took a turn.
Devouring everything
More about Joshua Guess...

Living with the Dead (7 books)
  • With Spring Comes the Fall (Living with the Dead, #1)
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • The Wild Country (Living with the Dead #4)
  • This New Disease  (Living with the Dead, #5)
  • American Recovery  (Living with the Dead, #6)
  • Ever After (Living With the Dead, #7)