Start by marking “Let's Go Home, Little Bear” as Want to Read:
Let's Go Home, Little Bear

Let's Go Home, Little Bear (Little Bear #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  315 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Big Bear and Little Bear are returning home from a wonderful romp through the snowy woods, when a noise startles Little Bear. Plod, plod, plod—suddenly the woods are alive with unseen Plodders and Drippers and Ploppers. Poor Little Bear is very scared. But Big Bear is beside him with comforting explanations and a piggyback ride to bring him safely home.
Published January 23rd 1995 by Candlewick (first published December 31st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Go Home, Little Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Go Home, Little Bear

kian
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
با نقاشياي فوق العاده زيبا.... 🤗
Mohadese
داشتم آپدیت های دوستان رو می دیدیم یهو چشمم به این کتاب افتاد و به عالمه خاطره خوب برام زنده شد! شاید یکی از مزیت های گودریدز اینکه بهت یادآوری میکنه قبلا با چه طرز فکری چه کتابایی میخوندی یعنی یه جورایی در کنار این که یه سایت کتاب خونیه سیر تحول عقایدت رو هم نشونت میده (در مورد من ک اینجوریه)
پ.ن: هیچ ربطی ب کتاب نداشت که! :دی
Mahdiye Fateh
بیا برویم خانه خرس کوچولو
ترجمه رضی هیرمندی
کتابهای فندق
نه اینکه کتابهای کودک و نوجوان مغز آدم را تعطیل کنند، نه! اما من یکی بسکه کودک و نوجوان خوانده ام، بسکه کودک و نوجوان دیده ام، در زمینه بزرگسال "تعطیل دو عالم" شده ام. :) بعضا دیده شده کتابها و رمانهای بزرگسال دیگر حالیم نمیشود. :/
اما این مجموعه! به سادگی با دغدغه های هر روز کودکان این گرده سنی پیوند خورده. خودم یادم می آید که خودم هنگام هر بار بازگشت از مهد یا مهمانی و ...، متوجه چه چیزهایی در راه بودم.نقطه اوج کتاب به نظرم آن جایی ست که خرس
Candice
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
A warm story about calming a child's fears. Big Bear and Little Bear go for a walk in the snowy woods. On the way home, Little Bear keeps hearing noises and seems frightened. Big Bear calmly explains what each sound is. The plodding is Big Bear's feet in the snow. The dripping is the ice melting into the stream. And so on. Soon Little Bear is tired and sits down in the snow. Big Bear carries him home and wraps him in a blanket to keep him warm. There is so much love in this story, and I think it ...more
Carrie
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I think Little Bear is sooo cute! And I like that this series of books is about a little bear and his father. Great, simple books.
Jane
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let's Go Home, Little Bear is a beautifully illustrated children's book that is about a big bear and a little bear out in the woods and walking home in the winter. The children in my preschool classes as for this story often and will pick the book during free reading time and many of them 'pretend read' it telling the story to other children from memory. This is a great pre-reading skill to see in preschool four-year-old children.
Abigail Niemiec
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Fiction
Grade: PreK-2
Engaging text in the form of sound effects that allows for a fun read-aloud text.
Hope Gockenbach
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let's go Home Little Bear is about a big bear and a little bear going for a walk in the forest. Little bear's imagination runs away every time he hears sound like dripping, plodding, and plopping. Big bear reassures him that the sounds he hears are normal sounds sounds to hear while walking. They make their way back home to their cave safe and warm.

This book could fit into both the Trust vs. Mistrust development stage and also the Autonomy vs. Doubt stage. That would range from birth to age thre
Rosa Cline
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Mr Waddell's books about Little Bear, Big Bear are very nice. There are several books about the same characters and we've enjoyed them all. This particular book would be a nice one for a merging reader... simply because most of the pages are repetitive of the pages before. So a reader that gets some of the words in the beginning of the book would be able to read them later on in the book. This is a cute book also to read out loud as I did to my 3 year old granddaughter...like I said we like Litt ...more
Jess
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: preschool; bedtimes
Recommended to Jess by: browsing
Shelves: picture-books, z_12
Little Bear and Big Bear go for a walk. As they return home, Little Bear hears various sounds (plod, drip, plop) which Big Bear identifies as the ice dripping into the stream and so forth.

Sweet & reassuring with forest sounds and repetition. A bit boring for adults, but preschool enjoyed it. It'd make a good, calm bedtime story.

Would work fine with bear or winter story times.
Marie
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The fun of visiting grandma's for holidays is revisiting some of the books that still live in my grandma's spare bedroom.
This one's cute, and little bear and big bear is a nice comforting story. Big Bear is comforting Little Bear who is startled by the noises in the forest. Very cute.
Yarb
Nov 03, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, kids-books
Yawnsome yarn which wanders aimlessly before petering out with a fizzle. The cuddly-wuddly artwork is annoying. My daughter likes it, but her opinion is cheapened by her uncritical affinity for all things ursine.
Amy
Sep 20, 2013 added it
Shelves: imagination
This book has a note to parents and teachers to help grow the new readers. In this book little bear and big bear go for a walk, but little bear keeps stopping. He thinks he hears something and big bear has to remind him what it might be and that everything is alright.
Morgan
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This children's book is one my favorites of all time! It's so sweet; I love it. I have great childhood memories with this book.
Anna
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Plod plod plod went little bear
Cari
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
:o)
Ritzzy
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book. Giggles with my little girl. She loved my interpretation of it, by reading with all the sounds of a Big Bear, that I could muster up and suddenly switching to the Little Bear. xo Mom
Lucy Ingram
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story involving a little bear and a big bear who is the protector. Home is definitely where the heart is and this story clarifies this. Beautiful story with wonderful illustration.
Cool
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
DMW read this book to DOE. Cute book - darling illustrations!
Peggy
Jul 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is good, both of my kids just love Big Bear and Little Bear. "Big Bear is the big bear and Little Bear is the little bear."
Kaylen Matherly
This book is a fairly simple read. It is not my favorite book, but children may relate to the story. It's a comforting book to read because it's all about the big bear protecting the little bear.
Kevin Page
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best book evvveeerrrrr.
Jen Barker
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Big bear is so sweet and patient. Love these books.
Sam Malcolm
This was one of the first books that I remember reading out loud. Love the illustrations of "Father/little kid" time.
Abdalaleem
  • Buzz Said the Bee
  • Deep in the Forest
  • The Silver Pony
  • Little Polar Bear
  • The Neighborhood Mother Goose (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
  • Over in the Garden
  • Hattie and the Fox
  • Itchy, Itchy Chicken Pox
  • The Mother's Day Mice

Also writes under the pen name Catherine Sefton

Martin Waddell is the author of more than one hundred books for young readers.

Awards: Hans Christian Andersen Award for Writing (2004).
More about Martin Waddell...

Little Bear (5 books)
  • Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
  • You And Me, Little Bear