Start by marking “Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)

Whirlwind

(Welcome to Tyler #1)

Welcome to Tyler, America's Favorite Hometown. A town filled with memorable friends and unforgettable lovers. Share the passions, the hopes and dreams of America's favorite small town. — WHERE ROMANCE BLOOMS — When lively, brash Liza Baron arrives home unexpectedly, she moves into the old family lodge -- where silent, mysterious Cliff Forrester has been living in seclusion ...more
Published January 24th 1992 by Harlequin

Micha
So this is a romance novel I read when I was eight. We were at the library booksale and my sister Erin saw these Tyler books and said Michaela, don't you have a friend named Tyler? and I said YEAH! because I sat next to him all year and I was in grade three so that makes it '98 since I remember it was summer. Anyhow, we got about ten of the novels in this Tyler series because you could fill up this cloth bag with books for $10 and we stuffed that bag full (my sisters got books too, of course). S ...more
Mary
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
awesome story...so many new faces...love the way the story builds to climaxes...can't wait to find out what happens to each family...totally enjoyed the way she has people interacting...almost felt like I was "living" in the area...
Rhonda
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story pulled me in from the beginning. I was not able to put this book down. I loved the story. The story flowed well. The characters were intriguing and the was a bit of mystery with the romance.
Manda
Aug 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hilarity
So, this was (I think) the first romance novel I ever read. Flippin' hilarious. For a long time, the title evaded me, but now I have found it!
Aayush
Feb 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
really dissapointed.
don't waste your time reading this crap.
Elena
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like reading series about families. Read most of the Tyler books ages ago but now I have the opportunity to read them in order. There's Cliff with some post traumatic stress disorder and Liza with her 'devil may care' attitude. Turns out Liza was what Cliff needed. Their love story was about trust, courage and of course love. I liked it.

But these books are more than love stories. A body was found in Judson Ingalls property. Is it Liza's grandmother, the infamous Margaret, who all presum
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
My mom volunteered at a used book store when I was growing up. When I was in middle school someone donated the whole Tyler series. I convinced her to buy them for me, never read them, and ended up selling them at a yard sale. For years I was curious to what those books about small town life with quilts on them were. I finally cracked the mystery and ordered this book. It's still meh. I probably won't pursue the rest of the series, even though I think it's interesting that they are each written b ...more
Phylisha Stone
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Can't recommend.
This story is about a really emotionally and psychologically messed up guy who becomes involved with a selfish, spoiled, self absorbed, really get on your nerves young woman who intrudes on his privacy at a secluded lodge her family owns. the writing of her character make her a really awful person, in my opinion. I finished the book, because I generally finish books, even if they turn out to be not so great.
Melissa Zuckerman
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
I actually loved the romance part of the story, but I gave it a low score because the ending left me hanging. It ended very abruptly and never really explained itself.
Sharon
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book in a great series.
Mande Garrett
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book. The only thing that was a little unnerving was how Cliff acted throughout the majority of the book and how Liza's grandfather acts.
Pam
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Even better the second time.
Emily
Mar 30, 2011 rated it liked it
About halfway through this book I was completely irritated with the "heroine" for having no common sense and being excessively pushy with a shy and probably psychologically damaged hero. I kind of got over it because of her acceptance of her issues and transformation into a normal person. In the best relationships, both fictional and real-life, the participants make each other better, and by the end of the story this is what was going on.
I am very intrigued by the murder mystery that appears to
Cori
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Airplane reading. I've read this book before, but I like light reading for frantic flying. I really like the Tyler series, because I love books about small towns. This is the first book in the series, and I think it is one of the weakest. I'm glad that it wasn't the first one I read, or I probably wouldn't have read the whole series. There are a couple plot holes in this book, too, but it is okay, fluffy reading.
Karen
Aug 25, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of cheesy romance
Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually read something by Harlequin. My first and only time! I bought this series of books because I was caught up in the title...I have a son named Tyler. They were cheesy but really quick reads and at the time I had two young kids and finding time to read was precious.
Misty
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
I was enjoying the book and do not know if anyone eles was having problems with it, but my books ends at chapter nine and gos right back to chapter one to chapter nin again. So I do not know how the books ends. The book also has a title for another book at the end but all I have is about 50 empty pages. Was really enjoyinh this book and now im upset.
Joyce
Aug 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
at first I really liked the book, I do love mysteries, but then... when she had the part of Liza talking to her granddad at the lake just stopped and which scenes that changed everything, it was like you watching a soap, she just threw in a scene with no reasoning to it or no ending. It made me change my whole opinion of the book, this was near the end and now I wish I had never read it.
Laura Planton
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A Nora Roberts type novel. A series of 12 books, written by various authors, about a town in Wisconsin called Tyler. In the first, Liza Baron returns to the family lodge after years of absence. She meets Cliff Forrester, the reclusive lodge caretaker. A love story unfolds and a dead body recovered. Who is buried on the property?
Linda
Jul 31, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a good book, easy & fast to read. I'm not a fan of romance, but got hooked on the mystery, so now will have to slog through more romance to find out who dun it. There are 12 of these. They apparently came out once a month, for a year. I'm curious how 12 authors carried one mystery through, or even why, but I guess I'll never know.
Becky
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like this series and I am trying to read them in order. I found all of the character so facinating and mysterious. Can't wait to learn more. Great anticipation with the romantic aspects too. I found it hard to put down.
Madeleine
Sep 26, 2007 is currently reading it

I've been looking for the H, I, J, K & L books. Anybody knows where can I find it?

I'm still reading the G. Good story. Each book has its own story but still there is a mystery that connects the series.
Kimberly Bohr
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought it was a good book. I am looking forward to starting the next book in the series.
Monica
Oct 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Liza was annoying and pushy. I can't believe Cliff didn't slap her upside the head.
Courte
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Great book. It's the second time I read it, was as good as the first.
ChrisGA
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z-read-2014
silly romance if you like that sort of thing---very steamy.
Andrea
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Vicky
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice easy read but not my cup of tea.
Debra
Nice, quick read.
Rosie
May 31, 2009 rated it liked it
ok easy read
Cindy Kester
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
A true harlequin romance, quick reading. This is the first of a series taking place in Wisconsin. I hope I can make it through the series.
  • Bright Hopes (Welcome to Tyler, #2)
  • Wisconsin Wedding (Welcome to Tyler, #3)
  • Crossroads (Welcome to Tyler, #10)
  • Arrowpoint (Welcome to Tyler, #7)
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Welcome to Tyler, #8)
  • Christmas Getaway: An Anthology
  • A NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Italian Prince, Wedlocked Wife
  • The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life
  • Total Access: A Journey to the Center of the NFL Universe
  • Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction
  • Force For Change: How Leadership Differs from Management
  • Every Woman Needs a Wife
  • Fairy Tale
  • How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2)
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • The 13th Apostle
Winner of the 2009 Lifetime Achievement award for mystery writing from Romantic Times magazine, Nancy Martin announces the release of the 8th book in her popular Blackbird Sisters mystery series, NO WAY TO KILL A LADY. Set in Philadelphia, the story features three heiresses whose parents have run off with their trust funds. Now thay have a chance to regain their wealth when their aunt, "Madcap Mad ...more

Welcome to Tyler (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Bright Hopes (Welcome to Tyler, #2)
  • Wisconsin Wedding (Welcome to Tyler, #3)
  • Monkey Wrench (Welcome to Tyler, #4)
  • Blazing Star (Welcome to Tyler, #5)
  • Sunshine (Welcome to Tyler, #6)
  • Arrowpoint (Welcome to Tyler, #7)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Welcome to Tyler, #8)
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Crossroads (Welcome to Tyler, #10)
  • Courthouse Steps (Welcome to Tyler, #11)