Start by marking “Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing ” as Want to Read:
Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing

Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing

A free guide to publishing your book on Kindle with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). KDP is a fast and easy self-publishing tool that lets anyone upload and format their titles for sale in the Kindle Store.
Published February 1st 2011 by Amazon.com (first published March 14th 2010)

Start your review of Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing
Clare O'Beara
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, i-t
This is a companion volume and you do need the other one which is all about the writing process, explaining which programs to use (Word is favoured, and I recommend the newest version you can get) how to make the book appear properly on Kindle and on phones, IPads and other platforms.

This book then deals with the technicality of getting it onto the Web. There is a lot of this data already on the publishing pages on line so the books are not obligatory but if you read them you have a better chanc
RuthAnn Hogue
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been updated so I will be reading it again.
Peter Derk
Mar 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Goodreads.com has been purchased by Amazon. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2...

I don't know what this means for Goodreads, although I can say that the recommendation engine on Amazon is total shit (if you want more reads like Jack Reacher #1, you'll get (drumroll) Jack Reacher #2). Which is a shame because they could do some really great stuff with movies and video games, not to mention cross-format recommendations. Or they could just set something up to see what people put in the cart at t
J.
Mar 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Could have used more information on actual formatting, but otherwise the instructions are clear.
Linda Smith
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time KDP Author Here!

I'm very glad to get this walk-through for Book Up!oads. Would definitely recommend to any aspiring authors of eBooks, especially those without an Agent!
Angela Wilson
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good step-by-step instruction that is easy to understand
Pete Emmerson
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful information

I intend publishing a novel shortly and this is going to be very useful to a newbie like me. I just hope it doesn't get too complicated.😉
Greg Potts
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT!

The book is great! It gave you just the facts in an EASY to understand format. It's detailed, a quick read and packed full of what you need to get up to speed to succeed on KDP. I recommend it!
Lynda
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you plan to publish on Amazon for sales to Kindle (or even offering "books" free), this is most-likely a Must-Read. I highlighted and bookmarked a LOT of content. And learned why poor formatting on some Kindle books happen. The "publisher" did not do their homework.

The book provides guidance for anyone wanting to publish a Kindle book including payment in US $, GBP (pounds) or EUR and when such payment would be made.

I found it rather fascinating that one loaded the content via a single HTML f
Bernie Gourley
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those interested in self-publishing on Kindle.
This is a short guide to self-publishing using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) that was put out by KDP. I’m not sure this particular e-book exists any more, though all the information in it will be on the KDP website. There are about a billion (exaggeration, maybe) Kindle books that have taken this information and made their own book, using similar names. I can’t comment on any of them. I’m sure some include helpful tips for increasing your sales and making your product more appealing, and some o ...more
Tom Law
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who hasn’t thought of writing a book? Blogs are great, but how about putting your ideas out there in book form, making some money, and getting a greater audience. Amazon is geared to help us. They have put together two books (this one and “Building Your Book for Kindle”) to help us through the process. The books are easy to read and very informative. I would suggest that you read through both first. Then go back and use them as “workbooks” to develop your manuscript (Building Your Book for Kindl ...more
Scott
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book contained instructions for developing books to be distributed through Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing. I found the book to be a very useful source of information on the processes and procedures to prepare books for sale through Amazon.

The information was fairly generic ideas for formatting an e-book, with a lot of information on formatting e-books specifically for Kindle. Additionally, a some business information was covered both about dealings with Amazon and with the market.

Some in
Julian Froment
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
I found this a clear and easy to follow guide to publishing using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). There are lots of useful hints and instructions on now to complete this process.

This book is an excellent companion to the book ‘Building Your Book for Kindle’.

There are also some useful aids to ensuring that legal requirements, such as those regarding taxation, are adhered to, along with how to get paid for sales of your book.

Step by step instructions take you through the publication procedure and
Mel
It pretty much an overview of the steps required to be able to publish your books through Amazon. It's not overly detailed, but it does include images of some of the steps. It took me about 15 minutes to read completely, is that short. It does has various links throughout the book expanding some of the content referred to, including a link to the FAQ at the very end. It was free, so I won't complain about it; though I wish it was more detailed.
Jess
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
"Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing" by Kindle Direct Publishing is a book Amazon published to help those who want to publish their kindle books. The best way to do that, is to publish it through Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing...and this book will tell you just how to do that. With photos and tons of information, this book will help you accomplish it.

2015-Summer-Reading-Review
Philip Holman
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Looks Straightforward, Clear, Concise and No Frills

So I'm about to release my first book and it appears that Amazon has a one stop shopping for self publishing. This book contains details and instructions on just about every aspect to do with publishing via Amazon including how to set up automatic royalty payments as well as selling your book worldwide. Its a very useful guide for newbies.
Rebecca Bradley
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Not a bad little ebook for publishing on the kindle. Walks you through how to do the process. I will need to go back and read parts of it again as I go about setting up my book in the store. There could have been a bit more detail in the actual file part, but I have a sneaky suspicion that information might be in the next kindle book I have put on my reading shelf.
Janice
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have published before on Kindle using an earlier version of this book

I chose the number four as my rating because I thought some of the information was a little difficult . Although, the book does give resources and URL links to help fill-in with any difficult processes and also gives helpful resources for the new publisher.
AnnMarie Stone
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Publishing made simple

This book is very easy to understand and quite a useful tool in using kdp. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is new to publishing as well as those currently using kdp that would like easy access to royalty information.
Alan Livingston
This is nothing more than a recap of everything - verbatim - on the KDP website when you go to enter a book for publication. Was hoping for help with that, or something to enhance what you see on the KDP site. It was free and very short, so hard to complain.
Heather
Apr 03, 2011 rated it liked it
A bare-bones introduction to publishing your book on Kindle. It'd probably be more use to someone who hasn't done it before; I didn't learn anything new.
Charles
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfic-writing
I found this pretty helpful. It told me some things I didn't know about how Kindle publishing works.
Teri Whittlinger
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good information book, very helpful for authors
Pm
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
East to rad and. Rey helpful. Definitely worth it if plan I g to write a kindle book.
William Johnson
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gives great insight into publishing on Amazon.
Melody
Feb 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-books
Work related book. Not hugely interesting but helpful info.
Jewels Diva
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine
If you're considering publishing on Kindle this book is a must have. It helps you set out your manuscript with the requirements for publishing with Amazon. It's in my self-publishing kit.
Andria
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: professional
I would have given it five stars if the links in the book had actually worked or if they would have just included the info that the links would have had. The editing was not the best.
Anna
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gonna finally be published! FU Dreamspinner!
Tyler Scott Neighbors
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very informative

Very helpful. Can't wait to try it. I've been looking for a great way to get my work out there.
Length of pages on Amazon Kindle Files. 1 1 Feb 25, 2019 12:43AM
My New Book-Today I Hugged Her!! For the First and Last time!! 1 3 Jul 30, 2016 07:43AM
Kindle Unlimited : Is it worth it? 1 40 Jun 18, 2015 08:03AM

• Birth of a drug
  • Charles Darwin: A Life From Beginning to End
  • Winston Churchill: A Captivating Guide to the Life of Winston S. Churchill
  • 99 Stories of Blood on the Wall: A collection of 99 word horror stories
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • This Lovely City
  • Note to Boy
  • De hemlösa katterna i Homs
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Miss Bishop
  • A Lantern in Her Hand
  • Extreme Economies: Survival, Failure, Future – Lessons from the World’s Limits
  • City of Margins

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

“We recommend uploading content in HTML format, usually as a single .html file.” 0 likes