Start by marking “In a Flash” as Want to Read:
In a Flash

In a Flash

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The first flash mob Ian puts together himself is a sixty-plus person, four-minute pillow fight in a department store. His friend Oswald is thrilled with the event, but Julia, the one Ian really wants to impress, is still convinced that flash mobs are stup
Published January 1st 2008 by Orca Book Publishers

Angel Zapata
In A Flash By Book Review by Angel Zapata
Eric Walters

*Spoiler Alert*
Did you ever have to decide whether or not you should stop a friend from doing something risky? Or think about how to stop your friend from getting into trouble? Recently, I have read a novel known as In A Flash by Eric Walters. This story is drama and has adds lots of tension between a group of old friends.
In the beginning of the story, you are introduced to a trio of friends named Ian, Oswald, and Julia who enjoy organizing
Kerri
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun read.
Raina
Sep 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, realistic
Part of the Orca Currents Hi/Lo series.
Ian is a participant in the flash mob trend. The book opens with him orchestrating a flash mob in a department store, where a mob congregates and has a sudden four-minute pillow fight.
I chose this book as my representative dip in the Orca world of publishing because I'm fascinated by the flash mob trend. It reminds me of Little Brother, and the awesome counter-cultural theatre of Abbie Hoffman. And it is impressive how much Walters accomplishes in 108 page
Adena
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: libr-526
A quick jaunt into a high school view of flash mobs. Our protagonist Ian is a high school student using Facebook and email first to boycott a fast food restaurant and then to participate in and organize flash mobs.

**some spoilers follow**

It's a quick read and the three main characters, Ian, Julia and Oswald, come across as normal teenagers - almost unusual in YA fiction! There is definitely a Hermione vibe to Julia and sometimes it's hard to tell just why Ian has a nascent crush on her.

Overall,
Joan
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I found this book best read in one sitting. Because the characters are introduced through short periods of time and events in their lives broken into separate chapters, I really needed to concentrate to keep track of each character and their situation. By the time each character appeared in enough chapters to explore their relationships, I was caught up in the multiple plots and the book sped toward their interconnected resolution. The ...more
melissa
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun quick little read. If you have followed my blog at all, you know that I am a fan of this publishing company. I liked this one. It was some kids who were doing flash mobs, and even organizing them for some fun. In the end, they were doing one for a purpose. It was an interesting combination of intelligent characters, and a fast paced story line. Totally made ME wanna try a flash mob. Not a lot to this one, but a fun read none the less.
Shawn Bird
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, canadian
This took about an hour to read. A nice straight-forward plot and characters and conflict that teens will identify with. A good message modelling how to resolve conflicts in appropriate ways with lessons on how social media can be used positively and negatively. This would make a good novel study for a weak reader, because there is so much to think about, despite the simplicity of the story.
Jasmine Rockwell
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-flash-mobs
Short, sweet, and to the point. It's not too heavy and it's not just feel-good fluff.
Ms. Yingling
Eh. I like this author, but don't know that my students really care about flash mobs.
Janaki
Jul 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book, and I liked it!
What's The Name o...: Flash mobs, guy and girl... [s] 4 30 Feb 24, 2014 06:14PM
Eric was born in Toronto in 1957, which makes him "real old". But, as Eric says, "Just because I have to grow old doesn't mean that I have to grow up!" In his many roles as parent, teacher, social worker, youth sports coach and writer he is in constant contact with children and young adults. He draws from these experiences and feels that this helps him to capture the realistic interaction between ...more
More about Eric Walters...