Start by marking “Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity” as Want to Read:
Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity

Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
They give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Dead Ringers"

Identical twins, with the exact same genetic information, are a fascinating study in human behavior. It is a known fact that when separated at birth, they will often end up with very similar lives, without ever having met one another. So it seems to follow that if one twins turns out to be a "bad seed," the other wi
Published May 15th 1999 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Evil Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Twins

Mariel
Mar 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: double trouble
Recommended to Mariel by: it was part of a twin marathon I gave up on months ago
I only finished this book today. I lied on my goodreads finish date because I didn't want to look like I took months to read this. I care what people think about me. That's all I did was memorize this book! It's a guide book. Mariel, are you looking for how to get away with it? It's.... complicated.... And only a few pages were pictures... I am thinking about writing letters to the one with acne and... I suddenly developed dyslexia... Evil twins! They did it.

I enjoy the mystique of being a twin.
Christina Schiel
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Creepy true stories of twins who have gone a little nuts, or very nuts... As an identical twin, it was a very interesting read for me.
Guy Portman
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, non-fiction
Evil Twins is a true crime book that spawned a television series of the same name on the ID channel. Divided into twelve sections, each dedicated to a different set of 'evil' twins, these shocking stories entail everything from madness to dual psychosis, murder and fratricide. Included are the famous London gangster twins, the Krays, as well as black widows, rohypnol Romeos and deranged doctors.

The book embraces a tabloid journalistic approach, complete with photographs and sensationalist secti
Fishface
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good old John Glatt doing what he does best -- telling us about the crazy crime cases he's sniffed out. A good read, full of interesting mini-biographies of twins whose lives went terribly wrong. I wish there had been more photos!
Tom Schulte
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
The author has no probative analysis of any of these cases but regardless this is a fascinating, wide collection of twins in murderour extremis. The visciousness of twin-on-twin murder is especially memorable.
Johnny
Apr 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jeremy Irons.
Makes me glad that I am an only child!
Shandra
Seen every episode on the ID channel, nothing to rate.
Juanita
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Review: Evil Twins by John Glatt.

These are true stories and all the information in this book only pertains to the stories you will read in this book. This book is a variety of short stories about evil twins and how one twin is more domineering then the other and how their behavior status begins at birth. One bad, one good 26..

The collection of stories written in this book are really intense and others are just outrageous. It was interesting to me to read how similar a lot of the twins were in re
Mary
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys true crime
Recommended to Mary by: Paperback Swap
There are many studies involving the separation of twins at birth where they grow up to live astonishingly different lives. However there are true cases where, if one twin turns out "bad", the other will follow them down the same destructive path. This book is a compilation of twins committing evil acts against others or each other as jealousy and anger spark seemingly from the womb. I have to say that I enjoyed this book as I had never heard of any of these cases, so I give the book A+!
Bryan
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
My Aunt Pat was married to Tim. I remember Tim taking me and my twin brother and bought us a triple scoop of Ice Cream, I do not remember much about Todd, except that him and Tim got into a fist fight in our front yard and my dad stopped the fight.
My Grandfather told me this when I asked him about the story Tim and Todd by themselves were nice young men, but classed them like this. "Too much money too young of age"
Dara S.
Dec 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
There are twelve stories about twins who kill each other or those they love. Some are pretty bizarre. Several of them involve a dominate twin manipulating the more passive twin to follow along. The theme with a number of them is the twins could not seem to part and usually lived together and if they married those marriages fell apart.
John Spalding
Along with "What to Expect the First Year," I bought this after my identical twins were born. Over-the-top, sensationalistic fun stuff.
Stacy Simpson
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was ok

It took me quite some time to finish this book obviously. Some of the stories were I treating but the book ad a whole dragged on and on.
Cindy Boss
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
a different way of the writings from this author, it was many stories in one, it was good though
Brenda Hogue
Nov 10, 2017
mdt
Nov 08, 2008
Fuchs
rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Dancehall
  • Afternoon of  an Autocrat
  • The             Rome Affair
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Homework
  • The 4 O'Clock Murders: The True Story of a Mormon Family's Vengeance
  • Wasted
  • Daphne du Maurier
  • The Piano Teacher: The True Story of a Psychotic Killer
English-born John Glatt is the author of Lost and Found, Secrets in the Cellar, Playing with Fire, and many other bestselling books of true crime. He has more than 30 years of experience as an investigative journalist in England and America. Glatt left school at 16 and worked a variety of jobs—including tea boy and messenger—before joining a small weekly newspaper. He freelanced at several English ...more
More about John Glatt

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
    $9.99 $1.99
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Queens Consort: England's Medieval Queens from Eleanor of Aquitaine to Elizabeth of York
    $9.99 $1.99