Start by marking “Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible: Updated Version” as Want to Read:
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible: Updated Version

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible: Updated Version

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  1,390 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible is a classic that has stood the test of time and is as useful to the Bible student today as it was when it was first published decades ago. This reference work is a must for the desk of every teacher, preacher, and Bible reader. This edition includes new typeface making it more readable, updated and improved Hebrew and Greek dic ...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Hendrickson Publishers (first published June 1st 1940)

Nicole O'Dell
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Invaluable tool for studying the Bible. I even have an original edition from the very first printing in 1890. Don't settle for the translations of others. Check it out yourself with a Strong's Concordance.
F Rachel
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
If one can ever say that one reads such a book. It can be a helpful study tool.
Nate Ott
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
Great Treasure Trove of Knowledge and Literary Insight!
CS
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Just not what I expected and is far too huge for me to use regularly. The copy I received was a good 2.5-3 inches thick and prob 10 inches high. Heavy and bulky and too much of the contents could be looked up online without having to hull it around. Would have prefer a smaller, easy to carry version for quick references and deeper study.
Bill
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No longer the standard, and mine is an old edition. Excellent binding. If you are trying to read the Bible in the original languages you have to have a keyed interlinear and concordance. This one was free to me. I use it every day
Andy Pullen
Feb 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Very helpful concordance that supplies a ton of information at your finger tip. Includes Hebrew and Greek word definations. Where every word in the Bible is used. Bible comparisions. The best concordance available.
Matthew
Jan 17, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: any student of the Bible.
A classic reference resource. I got this for Christmas from my folks.
John Richards
Recommended for all serious studies of the Bible. Contains a wealth of information for all interested in furthering their understanding of God's word.
Tml
Sep 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best
Amazing Work
Carmille
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent resource to have on hand! It is an easy way to look up the scriptures you need about the things that matter to you!
Willy Mario
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
jesus love us
Jodee Sturm
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Strong's has always been my go-to Concordance - I love how thorough it is. I recently updated my old Strong's Concordance by purchasing this new one, in large print, and it's absolutely fantastic!
Linda
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, reference
An essential Bible study tool.
Christian book rater
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites
Heavy old book from 1951. Has the Greek and Hebrew word meanings. Can be helpful to see where modern days words came from and what the bible names mean.
John
May 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all students of the Bible
Shelves: must-have-books
a must have for any student of the Bible
John Yelverton
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a must have book for any pastor or Bible scholar who wants to have quick and easy access to texts, cross references and allusions throughout the Bible.
Skylar Burris
Jan 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Even in the age of Biblegateway and searchable Bible CDs, I've found this volume has come in handy on more than one occasion during more than one debate.
Bryce
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An absolute MUST if you like to deep dive into specific words in specific verses in the Bible.
Jeannine
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible-study
I have not read this cover to cover but I have been using it as a resource for 30+ years
Sara
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't READ this entire book, but I have looked up a lot of items in this book.
Eric
Oct 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bible students
Shelves: helpful
This concordance contains every word that is printed in the KJV in alphabetical order. If I remember a word or phrase from the Bible but can't recall the reference, this is the tool I use.
Christie Bogle
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
In dispensible bible research.
Evangelist Michael
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Pastor friend of mine gave me this. Said it was for young preachers starting out.
Spencer

Mar 10, 2015
Levetrice Clark  Jr
Aug 25, 2015
  • Nave's Topical Bible
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: With Topical Index
  • Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible
  • The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament
  • Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia
  • Halley's Bible Handbook: An Abbreviated Bible Commentary
  • Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament
  • The Book of the Acts
  • New Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors
  • Evidence That Demands a Verdict, 2
  • Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels: A Compendium of Contemporary Biblical Scholarship
  • A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament & Other Early Christian Literature
  • Commentaries, 22 Vols
  • The New Testament in Modern English
  • American Dictionary of the English Language
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • America's God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations