Start by marking “Bloom (Seeds of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bloom (Seeds of Love, #1)

Bloom (Seeds of Love #1)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
In a town filled with her past, she never expected to find her future…

Seven years ago Cynthia left Honey Creek with a broken heart. Three years ago Mitchell arrived with one. Now Cynthia’s come home, and these two hardened hearts can’t stop arguing. If they’d take a break long enough to find some common ground, they might be surprised to find love can grow anywhere.

If they
Published January 29th 2012 by Turquoise Morning Press (first published January 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloom

Valerie
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Brimming with sweet, exciting tension, Bloom takes you in, wraps you in a blanket of happy and holds you there til the very end. Lindsey’s snappy characters and fresh dialogue keep you in stitches while the premise sates the romantic appetite. Thoroughly enjoyed this novella and recommend it to anyone who loves a home-grown love story.
Ashley Lavering
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I really loved this book. It was a clean romance that was oh so good. I really enjoyed the girl's spunk and the man's resilience. It was comical.
Gabriela Lessa
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great quirky voice, great love story and yummy hero. Everything you need on a sweet romance!
Mimi Barbour
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an adorable love story! This tale of a girl returning to her hometown has a freshness that'll hook you. It's snappy dialogue, layered lovable characters and rural setting has it all. Cynthia, the heroine, lifts you into her world right from the get-go and you find yourself wanting to know what makes her do the things she does…. things like running around in skimpy pyjamas to face down a neighbour. And what happened between her and her teenage sweetheart who is still obviously in love with h ...more
Jennifer Anderson
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia is a wonderful MC. She's fiery, strong and loving all rolled into a perfect package. But she has her flaws and those flaws are what makes you love her even more. And when Cynthia meets Mitchell for the first time you can almost feel the pages burn with passion. Bloom is a wonderful tale of secrets, regrets and new love. You can find love around every corner as long as you keep your heart and eyes open long enough to find it.

Bloom is Julie's debut novella for the Honey Creek line of Turqu
Carrie Vaughn
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Bloom is an adorable love story about two people who haven't quite learned to love. When Cynthia goes home to visit her potentially crazy grandmother, she rides back into her old life filled not only with the people she knew and loved but with her flawed past and a new man in town, Mitchell Fallon. What she doesn't count on is falling head over heels with the sullen newcomer. When her job is outsourced, Cynthia plans to open a business starring her grandmother's prize cooking. After Mitchell's f ...more
Jessica
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As an Ohio girl myself I was excited to read a local author. I loved this book! This book was recommended by a friend from my local library. I absolutely enjoyed every part of this book and wish there was more. It gave me the same feeling I get every time I re-read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. Cynthia and Mitchell make a great contrasting couple whose witty back and forth build their romantic tensions. I can't wait for more works from this author. I will be on the look out for anything mo ...more
Lacey Wolfe
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. At the end of each chapter, I had to go to the next. I HAD to see what was going to happen. I loved Cynthia. She was spunky and fun. Mitchell was a mystery to her and I enjoyed learning all his layers right along with the heroine. The romance in this book is clean, but the authors has layered this book thick with sexual tension. I can't wait for the next release from Julie.
Bethany Lopez
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Bloom. Julie Anne Lindsey really brought me back to the books that made me love to read. I love stories about small towns and redemption. Mitchell is so sexy and Cynthia is a character full of secrets. It was a fast and enjoyable read... I loved it! (Will the next one be about Carter???)
Nikki Brandyberry
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Bloom is one of those romances that transport you back in time. Terribly romantic without being over the top. It's wonderfully written and incredibly promising for Julie A Lindsey! I'm looking forward to her next book after reading this one!
Heather Mckenna
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I was a little sad that it was a short story and not full length. I wanted to read more of their story but I understand we cannot always do that.

I recommend this to anyone who wants a sweet love story.
Melinda
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Written by my Bestie!!! How can I not love it! It was amazing! Did not want it to end!
Maddie James
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful debut to the Honey Creek books series. The characters are believable and the setting is awesome. The writing is crisp and the story extremely enjoyable! Nice job, Ms. Lindsey!
Lori Henrich
Cynthia returns home to Honey Creek to visit her Grandma. She wants to make sure that she is okay. When she meets the neighbor Mitchell, she has a strange reaction to him. Hate and attraction all rolled into one.

Typical romance, saw how the story was going to go from the beginning. It was just an ok read for me. Read it only because it was part of a muti-volume unit.
Kellie
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I would give this book 1 star but then I need to consider that it was part of a set of 10 books for .99c. If this was a full length novel and the relationship developed at a normal pace (not instant love) then it would probably be an OK read so its 2 stars.
Aubree Bowling
May 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Nope nope nope. I may have liked it when I was 14. it was in a boxed set called small town romance and mystery but this was a straight up romance, no mystery, and I 99% dislike them. Not the author's fault, just NOT my taste.
Bookgyrl
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very short and very sweet. I wish this was a book instead of a novella, becausr it seemed so rushed now. Liked Cynthia and het pastor.
Suzanne Lilly
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A sweet romance set in small town USA shows the values of friendships and relationships. A fun, quick read.
Nancy
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Part of boxed set: Small Town Charm, Love & Mystery.
Dawn
Jun 01, 2012
Heather Helene
Jun 11, 2011
BLOOM... 1 10 Jun 07, 2011 11:58AM
Julie Anne Lindsey is a multi-genre author who writes the stories that keep her up at night. She’s a self-proclaimed nerd with a penchant for words and proclivity for fun. Julie lives in Ohio with her husband and three spunky children. Today, she hopes to make someone smile. One day she plans to change the world. Julie is a member of the International Thriller Writers, Romance Writers of America), ...more
More about Julie Anne Lindsey...

Seeds of Love (3 books)
  • Love Blossoms (Seeds of Love, #2)
  • Harvest of the Heart (Seeds of Love, #3)
“The air was thick with nostalgia, scented by the bonfire, and alight with fireflies. Their tiny yellow lights danced with orange embers against the starry sky, and she wondered again why she'd left home when the world was so magical right where she was.” 5 likes
“Carter dragged her onto his lap and held her in the same way, in the same loft, like seven years had never passed. This time though, he shed a few tears along with her.” 5 likes