Start by marking “The Heir from Nowhere” as Want to Read:
The Heir from Nowhere

The Heir from Nowhere

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  964 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
"You don't know me, but I'm having your baby."

Dominic Pirelli's carefully ordered world falls apart when a female stranger phones with staggering news: an IVF clinic mix-up means she is carrying the baby that he and his late wife dreamed of having!

Though he distrusts her motives, Dominic is determined to keep waiflike Angelina Cameron close. Taking her to his luxury home,

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2998, 192 pages
Published May 24th 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Heir from Nowhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir from Nowhere

Saly
The Heir from Nowhere was a decent read nothing great. The characters didn't really pull me in that much and Dominic was bit of a snob and judgmental in the beginning but he did get a shock that due to the clinic's mix-up he is about to become a father. His dead wife Carla wanted a baby badly but she had issues with weight and stuff so when he sees a really thin Angie he is not impressed and she is nearly destitute and comes from the same poor neighborhood as him.

Angie never really wanted a chil
Booklover
I really liked the book,Dominic-Angelina two people who suffered in their own ways.Dominic has come a long way from poor to being a billionaire,he loved his wife Carla but she was unable to get pregnant so they went ahead with IVF but still were not successful,Carla dies trying and Dominic is bitter then one day comes a call from clinic that a wrong woman has been implanted with the embryo and now he is to become a father in 6 months

Angelina calls Dominic to let him know,but he is rude to her an
Paula Legate
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the forth time I have read this book, and I loved it just as much as I did the first time I read. Not sure how, but I still managed to get tears in my eyes in one emotional part. Any book that can make me cry, is a good book.

Dominic learned a hard lesson. All the money in the world can't save the people he loved. He and his wife wanted to have a baby. she died before they had one. He is broken inside. His world is turned upside down when Angelina contacts him to tell him the clinic made
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Harlequin Presents
Author’s Website: http://www.trishmorey.com
My Source for This Book: eHarlequin
Part of a Series: No
Steam Level: Steamy

After having read The Accidental Birthright by another author, Maisey Yates, and enjoying it thoroughly, I decided that I needed to see if there were any other HP’s that contain IVF mixups, and stumbled across this one.

Th
RLA
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The female character Angelina has just discovered that the baby she is carrying from her recent IVF treatment is actually the baby of the male character Dominic and his late wife, after a mix up at the IVF clinic caused the wrong embryo to be implanted. Angelina has been through a rough time recently, her husband was unhappy with the results of the mix up and wanted her to abort the baby, after she refused she found out he was having an affair and is now in the process of a divorce with her husb ...more
Leona
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
This was my first book by Trish Morey and I will look for others by this author. It was a great read, and I found I couldn't put the book down. The author did a great job of taking a topic that was a little far-fetched and making it very real. Angelina Cameron is in a terrible marriage. She decides to go forward with invitro with the hopes that a child will fix their marriage. Unfortunately she finds that she has been impregnated with the wrong embryo and is carrying another man's child. Dominic ...more
Cheryl Wright
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of romance
Recommended to Cheryl by: previous reader of Trish Morey's books
I looooved this book! I simply couldn't put it down. From beginning to end, I was drawn into the story. It had lots of twists and turns that I didn't expect. *I haven't read a Trish Morey book yet that I didn't like.
Joanne
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Trish's books and The Heir from Nowhere is really good. I looooved the opening scenes and wondered how on earth the hero and heroine were going to get together.
bombay_sapphire
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Read it in one sitting as I was pulled in. I didn't care for Dominic's judgements of Angelina, especially since it was revealed that he grew up in an area close by. It made him come off as a snob and he was very harsh (especially his thoughts about him not wanting to slum- OUCH). Especially at first when he seemed to kind of relish kicking the woman who clearly from appearance looked like life had put the wringer. Despite all that, he did win me over with his apologies and r ...more
Rebecca
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
9.3/10

WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN LONGER!!!!??!? It was amazing and one of the best third person books I have read in a long time. It had an amazing and very unusual plot but that made it all the more different and unique. You don't see many I'm having your baby even though we've never done it or even met books. At least not that I've seen or read.

This was a phenomenal book and I just wished it was from first or second person perspective because either could have been so much better! There was
Consuela Rossetto
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harmony
"Tu non mi conosci, ma io ti darò un erede..."
Il preciso, luccicante e ordinato mondo che Dominic Pirelli ha impiegato una vita a costruire crolla improvvisamente nel momento in cui una donna mai sentita prima pronuncia al telefono quelle incredibili parole. Sebbene diffidi delle intenzioni di questa sconosciuta, Dominic acconsente a incontrarla: suo figlio, quel figlio che ha sempre sognato di avere, non può crescere lontano da lui! Ciò che non immaginava era di restare ammaliato dalla forza e
Nadia
I wasn't sure why I added this book to my to-read list. I guess I was intrigued how the hell she could be pregnant with his child if they do not know each other. I wonder how he didn't sue hospital for that? Or how her greedy husband didn't think about that?
The story is ok. I missed the way the fall in love with each other. I guess that was love from the first sight. And I also need to say that I expected more from his assistant. She was so envious in the beginning that I though they must be sl
Amanda Creager
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the basic plot and the writing was really good. I just didn't like the plot pacing. Spoilers below!!!!

**********Spoilers**********

Obviously her and Shayne got divorced, but there was almost no mention of that after she moved in. I felt that was on opened side plot that could have been closed in a conversation. I'm not sure why the character Simone was introduced, unless it was a play to expose Angie's feelings towards him...?
Gabriela
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked how it turned out in the end but one question I couldn't get why Angie get IVF in first place and that she was poor to give what ex-husband wanted. I do get why Dominic's deceased wife Carla couldn't get pregnant...in the end, I am little confused whether Angie is able to conceive after the birth. Anyway, I am glad it turned out a wonderful ending.
Melissa Maxwell
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book flowed so well and I just loved it. Dominic and Angelina are perfect for on another but it took an accident for them to find each other. I loved the fact that the child was born at the end with love. I am glad that the secretary was no interference like I thought.
Vi
May 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
An ok read. The fertility clinic thing was not done believably. A near poverty couple and an extremely wealthy billionaire couple going to the same clinic? The heroine had too much self-pity. Lot of inconsistencies like this which made it a very ok read.
Shelly
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
When you read a Harlequin book, you gotta suspend a bit of reality. Yes, this book is about the billionaire that swoops in and the poor girl who becomes pretty, but they do build a relationship. I enjoyed it for a quick read. I hate, hate, hate the cover though!!!!
Charmayne
Lb
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story!
Mia
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Was just okay, the story was decent, but I didn't feel the chemistry between the H/H. Felt like something was lacking.
Sisa Petse
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Good story...short and well narreted. I would recommend this for in-flight readers.
Diane
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
trish morey is kind of hit or miss for me so this was a very pleasant surprise--i really liked it. and with today's technology, the premise is no longer so far fetched as it once was.
RomLibrary
she was married and husband left her because of the mix up This is not the one that is good in this trope.
Michaela
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story seemed really far fetched but it was ok.
Timendu
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Gigi
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this book!
Erin-Jayne Lloyd
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
WOW! What a twist of a story and boy it was amazing!!!
Vivien
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
huh. never heard of this troupe, liked it love your writing trish. :)
HÜLYA
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oldukça sıradışı bir kurgusu olan bir romandı ki taşıyıcı anne konulu hikayeleri hiç sevmem aslında. Ama bu oldukça güzel bir hikayedi. Çok sevdim...
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
  • The Sabbides Secret Baby
  • His Unknown Heir
  • One Last Night
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife (International Billionaires, #1)
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2; Greek Tycoons #7)
  • Her Last Night of Innocence
  • Baby of Shame
  • In Christofides' Keeping
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • Jess's Promise (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #3)
  • Behind the Palace Walls
319441
The best thing about writing romance, USA bestselling author, Trish Morey reckons, is providing a reader with that aaaah happy ever after ending, made all the more satisfying by putting your characters through some gruelling stuff along the way. And with more than 35 titles and nearing 7 million book sales worldwide, it looks like the readers agree.

A four times finalist and two times winner of Aus
More about Trish Morey...