Start by marking “Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)

Shadow Touch

(Shadow Touch #1)

MAGIC
It is bleeding into our world, bringing with it banshees, wraiths, fae from the twisting forests of Twilight. But Elllie’s problem is a very different kind of phenomenon...

SHADOW
It ought to be attached to her; instead it has a life of its own. And her dark mirror image is a wild thing, willfully seducing the very man Ellie hoped could help.

SCIENCE
Cam has devoted his c
Published June 1st 2011 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Touch

Linda
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
SHADOW TOUCH is the first novella in SHADOW TOUCHED.

SHADOW TOUCHED by Erin Kellison is a superbly unique short story compilation. It's set in our world at a time when Shadow aka dark magic is moving into the norm. Shadow originated in Twilight; Twilight is the place between life and what comes after—a dark forest of fantasy, filled with beauty, peril and mystery -and the home of the Fae. Erin previously blew me away with her Reveler series and SHADOW TOUCHED does it, again. I've never read anyth
Laura the Highland Hussy
This novella is 2.5 from Erin Kellison's Shadow series. The next full-length novel is Shadow Man due out in September.

Shadow Touch was different-I haven't read much like it before. I really liked the idea of a girl born separate from her shadow, but still connected. It was a new concept to me.

Ellie and her shadow self are tethered to each other. Ellie has lived a hidden, lonely existence her whole life because she has a shadow...a living sentient shadow. One that acts purely on sensation and whi
Mandi Schreiner
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, novella
Since the day she was born, Ellie has lived with her shadow as a separate entity. This shadow has a mind of its own, always trying to undermine Ellie, embarrass her, and Ellie has lived a secluded life because of it. But in essence, this shadow is Ellie. It is her deepest feelings and ambitions. But Ellie has no control over it. It can move through objects, and speak. It is nude, and has no problem flaunting her body or saying inappropriate things.

Ellie has sought the help of Dr. Cameron Kalamos
Emme
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers, lovers of folklore
I love a Kindle book bargain--and at $0.00 this one was a steal! Oh, though I do hate falling into the middle of series-- and it seems that this novella falls at 2.5 in Kellison's Shadow series. I take it from reading reviews of other books in this series that I haven't spoiled my fun in reading Shadow Touch first. Good thing!

My, my! This one grabbed me from the very first-- and that is a feat, in and of itself. I love the premise of a woman who has two selves-- her corporeal self, and a shadow
Yelania Nightwalker
La vida de Ellie no ha sido nada fácil, porque esa parte oscura de ella, su sombra, se separó de su ser desde el nacimiento. Y sus emociones más fuertes, sus deseos más profundos y atrevidos, los posee sólo su sombra. En su búsqueda de una forma de acabar con su problema, se topa con Cam, un especialista del Instituto Segue. Él es el único que puede ayudarla, pero cuando por fin se encuentran, la otra Ellie, la desinhibida sombra, hará todo lo posible por quedárselo, pese a los muchos intentos d ...more
Zury
Nov 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
How can anyone rate this book above 1 star? A word of advice: Don't Bother!

I thought the concept was interesting and had incredible potential, especially given the plot. However, the author seemed to lack the ability to make this a great story. There are so many problems with this story that I wouldn't know where to begin and end.

One major concept that really bugged me was the painting. It seemed to play such a drastic role in many of the characters including the Shadow, especially since they
All Things Urban Fantasy
Even a casual survey of dreams reveals how dark and twisty the human psyche can be, and in SHADOW TOUCH, Erin Kellison puts a new spin on the "went to school naked" nightmare. Ellie was born without the ability to hide her impulses, her reactions, or even her naked body, as her animated shadow struts along next to her, baring their secrets to the world.

SHADOW TOUCH revealed just enough about Ellie and her shadow to make me eager to seek them out in future books, and also piqued my interest about
Dhfan4life
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Great cover. But I wasn't all that into the story. As it felt like this was one of those stories that turned from paranormal to some top secret government situation. With a sprinkle of Fae and Angel stuff going on. So not quite my cup of tea.
Nicole
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/06/23/...

Publisher: Zebra
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: eARC form author

Kellison is back with a short novella from her Shadow series. This story was jam packed with both action and romance, and a horribly embarrassing predicament for the heroine.

Ellie has lived her whole life in seclusion. She never got out and about, never left her home, never had the chance to interact with others. Why? Because her shadow was completely
Sharon
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing

What is it about a story that separates it from the rest of the pack? As a reviewer, I have to decide how many Sheep to give a book (you got to admit, Sheep are way cooler than stars). Reviews are like…er, bellybuttons! Everyone has one. What does it for me, might not do it for you. That being said, Shadow Touch was one of those stories where the author nailed it for me.

Erin Kellison is a new author to me. She writes the Shadow Series (Shadow Bound, Shadow
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Erin Kellison's Shadow Touch was another fun quick read! Have really been enjoying these e-books that are either prequels or "halfies". This is book 2.5 as it were, but I did read Shadowman prior to this one and everything was still okay since we looked at different characters once again.

While I liked this one, it didn't have the same faery tale feel to it. It wasn't as prevalent as it was in the previous novels, although it was still good.

Ellie has a Shadow that is separate from herself, her Sh
James P.
Oct 03, 2011 rated it liked it
I picked this book up because I was intrigued by the story's premise; the idea that someone's shadow, the "dark half" of their personality, could take a physical form separate from, but attached to that person. This is exactly the situation Ellie finds herself in and is the reason she approaches Dr. Cam at the Seque Institute for help. The premise is interesting and the book is well written and fast-paced, but I was disappointed in Shadow Touch because everything seems to easy. Ellie's shadow qu ...more
Cherry Mischievous
Review:
I like this author's voice. It reads smoothly. It also makes the reading pace quite quick. And since this is a short story, it makes this book a one-sitting read. So if you are looking for a quick good read, this book is perfect for you. Even though this is just a short story, it managed to be well structured, with well-developed world and really good plot building. This is not something most short stories achieve, so kudos to Ms. Kellison!!

This ebook is also part of a series. But you d
Melissa
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although this novella is #2.5, it really is an offshoot of the main series. This one we are introduced to Cam and Ellie. One is a scientist and the other is desperately seeking help. She has an unusual problem. Her Shadow is separate from the rest of her. Still a part of her, but able to act on it's own. She captures the attention of the scientist she sought out for help and he ends up falling for the woman with the unusual problem.

This is a quick read and fun. You could read it as a stand a lon
Kelly
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short, but with lots of potential for some serious crazy. Which I appreciate. Because if you can't enjoy the crazy, what's life about, amirite?

Ellie is a woman with problems. Fairly big problems. She's desperate enough to plead her case to a scientist at a shadowy (heh) research facility. Only her issues with shadow are a little different than what Cam is used to. Which presents a bit of a problem because Cam doesn't have the means to help Ellie.

Did I mention that desperation thing? Yeah. Ellie'
Anna
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ellie has a bit of a problem she has a shadow with her 24/7 A much darker version of herself. With no concerns whatsoever... the shadow is a bit of a trouble maker and quite cheeky. So, Ellie seeks out the Seque Institute for help.

This story thoroughly pulled me in. It's been a while since reading the last book, so it was nice venturing back into the world of Shadow. A quick, but thralling read. Shadow Touch was a great story, a bit different than the previous books. I love Kellison's voice and
Jamie Welch
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Erin Kellison has become a favorite of mine, I just love the way she tells a story. This is a great short story that reads like a full book packed into just a few pages. I loved the characters Ellie and Cam. Even though this is a short one, the characters are deep and you grow fond of them all the same. The ending is a little abrupt but, it makes me feel like we have not seen the end of Cam and Ellie. I think maybe that this little diddy was just to introduce them to us, or at least I hope. Also ...more
Kelly at
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was my first Shadow story that I have read. And I really enjoyed the world that Erin has created. I will be honest it took me a little bit to understand what the world was about (need to go back and read the 1st 2 books). But I really loved Ellie's story.

Poor girl has struggled all her life, been so alone, and when she finally reaches out for help she gets treated like a freak.

Thanks goodness for good guys and angels right?

Well that is all I am going to tell you. If you want to know what
Nawnee
I accidently read this short story before reading any of the larger series, on a good note it ruins none of the series for you it just made me really interested in the side characters that help the main characters figure out what going on. I ended up buying the three books of the series as soon as I was done with this short story and finished them all in two days. I highly recommend you try this series it.unique story line just gets more intriguing the further you dive into this world. Plus she ...more
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of suspenseful, paranormal romance
Recommended to Dee Renee by: Free Fridays
Shelves: 2013, ebooks
When I downloaded this book, it was a Free Friday selection. It is in the paranormal romance, urban fantasy genre which makes it unlikely for me to read it unless it is free. It is a four-chapter, sixty-some page novella which is enough of an introduction to the Shadowlands world and to the characters of Ellie, Shadow and Dr. Kam.
I recommend it only to fans of the genre or to fans of the series.
Kyra Dunst
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Shadowman, so of course I had to read this novella by Kellison. Though some of the characters make an appearance, Ellie and Cam have their own story. I love the separation of self between Ellie and her shadow, and how her story ended. The romance was a little fast for my tastes, but Cam's protective instincts are understandable. I hope to see more of Ellie, and her shadow, later in the series.
Jackie Uhrmacher
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love the different directions Erin takes her characters and mythology. The effect the picture of the Shadowlands had on both sides of Ellie, and the promises of the things said after, have me on the edge of my seat for Shadowman. If you’re looking for a quick read to whet your appetite that is full of fantasy, mystery, and the dark part of ourselves, I highly recommend picking up Shadow Touch.

Full review available here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/43155/sh...
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Erin Kellison did a great job introducing Shadows in a different yet entertaining way. We are introduced to a character that from the moment she was born she was destined to be different. Shadow Touch is a really nice short read, it has a good plot, good character development and it is quite entertaining. Her shadow is everything she isn't. Read more here...
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a very interesting start to a new series. In a world where paranormal activity is studied and becoming more accepted, one woman is looking for help with her own shadow. After researching the Segue facility and Dr. Cameron Kalamos, Ellie thinks she may have found someone who will understand her particular problem.
Rachel
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
There is so much potential in this story line that never comes to fruition. Not much depth to the characters, the story seems too short, therefore the plot is rushed and things are happening to the characters before any rapport is developed. I found that I didn't really care what happened to the main characters- in short, I was disappointed.
Lenore Kosinski
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, pixel-of-ink
Meh. Was entertaining. For a novella, they couldn't really delve into the mythos much, and since I don't read a lot of fae books, I was probably missing out on little tidbits. Like I had no idea what a wraith was. Still, the concept of Ellie and her shadow was interesting, and it had some good actiony bits and good romance bits. I just wasn't sucked in in the end. *shrugs*
Summer Haze
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super creative

Super creative I've and very interesting. I flew through the book. Never read anything like it. Good read. I really like this author! Sort of confused because there isn't a book 2 on kindle, just Shadowman ( green cover) which is next , so I think that's really book 2. So, no book 2 labeled but there are two different books labeled book 3. Guess it's a typo.
Melindeeloo
3 stars = I liked it. The romance is pretty thin, but the premise is interesting - a woman seeks help from Shadow experts for her unusual problem her own shadow is a separate entity (ala Peter Pan) and as her "Id" is more primal and unruly. It probably helps to have read the other books in the series to have the framework for the world in the story though.
Julia
May 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, fantasy, fiction, dropbox
An interesting little story, too short to really be called a "novella". Definitely piques my interest on the rest of the series.

Full review at All Things Urban Fantasy.
Bethica
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
This short romance story is reminiscent of both a fantacy world of fae along with a twist of a person's dark side being exposed for all to see. I think this is possibly the beginning to a series that could really be something. It was quick and thought inspiring but not overall fulfilling.
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • Hoodoo Money, First Edition
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Stealing Kevin's Heart
  • Settling (Solid, #2)
  • Azufre y Sal
  • Hungry For You
  • Reign of the Dead
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • The God's Wife
  • Total Abandon
  • Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #5)
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Wickedly Charming (Fates #7)
  • Rise (Salvaged, #2)
  • Somewhere in Between (1Night Stand, #35)
Erin Kellison is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Reveler serial, where dreaming turns dangerous. She also writes the dark fantasy romance Shadow series and Shadow Kissed series. RT calls Soul Kissed, "a dark fairy tale with a twist, perfect for readers who love passion with their fantasy." And this year she delves into shifter romance with her Dragons of Bloodfire series ...more

Shadow Touch (3 books)
  • Shadow Play (Shadow Touch, #2)
  • Shadow Hunt (Shadow Touch, #3)