Start by marking “Clawback” as Want to Read:
Clawback

Clawback

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  75 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Exploits defines the difference between a relationship and a dictatorship A psychological journey from naive, to liberation, until she finally has the greatest love of all. Stefanie has played by the rules. Now things are changing. The condensed version of a dysfunctional relationship, and how it turned a good girl into a spineless victim. Isn't love supposed to be a battl ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Clawback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clawback

Akilah Raines
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a rollercoaster!! At first I was confused (big surprise there) but then I was ohhh ok she's taking us through her journey. Then I was hooked!! Hesitant? Yes but again (big surprise there) and I enjoyed reading this!! Love vs. Dictatorship
Rule number 1: The woman serves. That means she gets what she wants. first you give the man what he wants for as long as he wants it. Then you get to have your say.
Rule number 2: If the pants are off, fellatio is the introduction. Without it nothing i
Sally
Jan 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the very core of its hard and gritty essence, Exploits is a book about power and relationships. It’s a very dark look at the themes of abuse and addiction that are so often glossed over and . . . well, for lack of a better word, exploited . . . in the pages of fetish erotica. It’s not a story of rape, contrary to what some reviewers have suggested, but it is a story about being forced to do things that are against your nature, and not being able to stop yourself once you’ve begun.

Stefanie is
Tim Roux
Dec 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many books I would classify as all-time favourites over the last year, and here comes another one - Poppet's 'Exploits'.

It is chick-lit in structure, but it has been artisticly coated in sensual nitroglycerine to deliver the most explosive of authorial rub-downs on opening.

It is raw, spontaneously honest, and skin-tinglingly exciting, wrapped as it is around twists and writhings of plot and bodies.

It is about personal enslavement and the physical and emotional enjoyment that makes th
Jul 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
Cant believe so many people liked this. I'd love to shake the MFC. Just not my type of book.
Malinda Knapp
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great story line although some may have triggers, a true story of abuse an how she got through it. Definitely one tough girl
Monique
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must start this review by first stating that I love every book that I have ever read by Gemma and this one is no different!!Gemma writes with an intelligence that is indeed very rare these days.And I experience such pleasure from her books that I tend to hoard them like fine wines.I slowly take them out(I own a lot of her books but don't want to rush to read them for fear of running out)and savor the exquisite bouquet that is Gemma's writing.This is the 23rd book that I have read by Gemma and ...more
Monique
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must start this review by first stating that I love every book that I have ever read by Poppet and this one is no different!!Poppet writes with an intelligence that is indeed very rare these days.And I experience such pleasure from her books that I tend to hoard them like fine wines.I slowly take them out(I own a lot of her books but don't want to rush to read them for fear of running out)and savor the exquisite bouquet that is Poppets writing.This is the 23rd book that I have read by Poppet a ...more
K.J. Kron
Dec 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s a scene at the end of Nine and a Half Weeks where Mickey Rourke throws 100 dollars bills on the floor and asks Kim Basinger to crawl on the floor picking them up. It is too much for Kim. Being humiliated for the last time, she leaves as Mickey does something he hasn’t done the entire movie – he tries to be intimate. But as he gives these personal details of his life, it’s too late as she walks out forever.
Exploits is similar to Nine and a Half Weeks. Besides both being sexy, the Stephani
Elaina
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is something entrancing about Poppet’s writing. I sat down to start the read ... and read Six Flavours in one sitting. Poppet writes from the heart, pulls no punches and it really is as if you sit in the room with her, listening to her voice. It feels personal.

Stephanie is somewhat innocent of the ways of men and has already been burned once. When she meets Gary, a gorgeous charismatic, she is wary, but also needs someone to love her. Her journey from independence to absolute dependence ca
Emma
From the start, there are 5 rules:

Rule 1: The woman serves. That means she gets what she wants. First you give the man what he wants, for as long as he wants it. Then you get to have your say.

Rule 2: If the pants are off, fellatio is the introduction. Without it, nothing is going to happen.

Rule 3: Always do what he says and we'll get along just fine. Otherwise theres the door. It's over.

Rule 4: Sex is as vital as water. Without it, a man and his 'loving' demeanour are doomed. Put out, or piss of
Siany
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011
A great read but the synposis is all wrong. Its not actually about his friends not liking her etc.

This is about an abusive relationship and what it does to the main character of Stef.
There were times I would have shaked her if she had been standing in front of me, but I couldnt help but like her and feel for her. Gary was a total prat, but unfortunately love is blind and she had to realise for herself that he was no good and get out of it.

The writing style was excellent. I dont normally like th
Lyly
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The heroine was weak willed even though she does what's best at the end. At the slightest sound of begging coming from the antagonist's mouth she goes back to the relationship that was so horrible. It was also poorly written and confusing at times. The good thing was it can be real.
Amoy
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book pulled out so many emotions for me, and one point i was so angry i almost threw my phone out the door, but in my opinion any book that puts me on an emotional roller coaster is a great book, and this to me is a very good book
Toby Neal
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Clawback is a rollercoaster ride, a Bridget Jones Diary meets Fear of Flying, a cautionary tale of hot love gone bad. Fasten your seatbelt and take off your bra for this one!
Cas Peace
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Clawback takes you so far into a place none of us wish to go, psychologically astute, but the resolution and the humour carry it off, making it a superb read.
evergreencrime
Jul 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Dnf
Eva
Apr 16, 2011 rated it liked it
My review can be found on my blog.
Charlotte
eleanor brown
rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Amazon bestselling author Poppet is currently published with Wild Wolf Publishing, Tirgearr Publishing, Eibonvale Press.