Start by marking “More Than Meets the Eye: Fascinating Glimpses of God's Power and Design” as Want to Read:
More Than Meets the Eye: Fascinating Glimpses of God's Power and Design

More Than Meets the Eye: Fascinating Glimpses of God's Power and Design

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Nature reveals a God who constantly nurtures and sustains His creation--including our own bodies--in ways that we can scarcely comprehend. Discover the wonders of creation and how they reveal a majestic God whose mastery of detail is evident everywhere. Learn to see yourself as God sees you: a treasured creation with whom He desires intimate relationship. Indexed for easy ...more
Published February 27th 2014 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published October 5th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Meets the Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Meets the Eye

Kevin
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The two Amazon Editorial Reviews (from Publishers Weekly and Booklist) just don't get it. Why is it hard for people to understand that a book written by a Christian, for a Christian audience, by a Christian publisher will develop it's theme from a Christian perspective. And why would someone wonder how a Christian could believe that God could hear a billion prayers at once (since, God being God, from the Christian world-view, can hear an infinite number of prayers at any given "moment").

"More Th
Jessica Asbell
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith, religion, science
This was a fascinating book! Dr. Richard Swenson uses creation to talk about the power, sovereignty, and omniscience of God. He goes into detail about the body, including the complexity of our 5 senses and the organs we use for them, how our muscles work, and even how our DNA is put together to form us, to show the Creator at work. He then moves on to talk about the complexity of the universe, how it behaves uniformly when looked at from our reference point, and how things get pretty crazy when ...more
Mink Gough
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not having taken much interest in math and science much, it was kinda difficult to grasp certain ideas or concepts. But I have learned so much more about biology and physics, and I am in awe of how intricate and perfect God created everything. It reminded me of my own insignificance compared to the size of the universe and the intensity of his love through the cross. I would recommend it, especially for those who are math and science geeks out there!
Eufemia Javier
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
science vs. faith

the book, more than meets the eye, is a wonderful exposition of scientific discoveries of our body and the universe where we live. yet, amazingly all scientific findings can't help to point out the sovereignty of a powerful being who orchestrates everything in order and design. all human effort to know and dig deeper into the world of science would only integrate and solidify our faith in the creator!
Donald A
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God is awesome.

"Truthful science, however, always tells us much about the power, precision, design and sovereignty of God--details we learn nowhere else." (Pg 185)

Science and God do relate.

Since we are alive, God must love us.
Linda
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing facts about God's creation and how only God could have created it all. The body is soooooo intricate and could never have just happened by chance . . . only by the combination of certain cells could human life exist.
Sdunbar
Feb 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, the human body is such an amazing machine, and the more one learns about the galaxies, etc., it is beyond what one can grasp. In parts this book gets rather technical, but that just makes me want to read this book again in the future.
Brian Williams
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fingerprint of God is everywhere!
Jeannie Cannon
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!
Tyler Hsin
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Would recommend this book to anyone with interests in spirituality, modern physics, and mathematics.
Kelli
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading all the intricate details
Teeni
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5. Easy with short chapters. Good bedtime reflection book. Offers a very comprehensive list of further reading.
Meg
Scientist-astonomer writes about the vast temperatures and energy of the sun and then asks if God is bigger and impermeable, and if so, why don't we trust him more.
Lance
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book on the physical world as God's creation
Tim Smith