Start by marking “Experience” as Want to Read:
Experience

Experience

(A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen #1)

This new sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice spirits the reader away to Regency England, beginning as Darcy and Elizabeth arrive at Pemberley on their honeymoon. But Elizabeth had captured the heart of more than one man...what will that man's swift arrival at Pemberley mean for the Darcys? Lady Catherine de Bourgh is intent on capturing a husband, with or without h ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 314 pages
Published March 21st 2016 by Prism Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experience

Start your review of Experience
Debbie
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jaff, 2017-jaff, i-own-it
4.5 rounded up to 5 stars

It was very interesting to revisit this sequel to Pride and Prejudice after my last read-through over 3 years ago. I'd forgotten how very Regency-esque the language is, and how interesting the various storylines are. Darcy-and-Elizabeth and Bingley-and-Jane, while they're the pivotal characters to whom all the others are related in one way or another, are not really the focus here. We have Colonel Fitzwilliam, Lady Catherine, Caroline Bingley, Kitty Bennet, Mary Bennet a
Sheila Majczan
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a paperback I read shortly after it was published but before I began to post reviews. I must reread it to post an accurate review.
Carole (in Canada)
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: JAFF, Romance
Shelves: sequels
My Rating: 3.5* rounded up to 4*

I love sequels that takes us back into the lives of Jane Austen's characters from Pride & Prejudice. I like to see how an author imagines Mr. and Mrs. Darcy and Mr. & Mrs. Bingley living their new lives together. I also enjoy seeing how they expand on the lives of the rest of Bennet family, Georgiana, Colonel Fitzwilliam, Lady Catherine, the Hursts, Miss Bingley and Wickham. Oh, and lets not forget Mr. and Mrs. Collins!

I must say I wasn't disappointed in this seq
Kristie (fabk)
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I must start with saying this is the first "sequel" to Pride & Prejudice that I have read, so cannot make any comparisons to others.
I really really enjoyed this book. The tone and writing style was very similar to P&P.
I read that some people felt it was just a reworking of the last chapter of P&P. I agree, but in a good way. It was nice to get more detail on the lives of the Bennet girls. Who they became and what became of them. I believe that Chapt 61
Victoria
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: austen, reviewed
I was very pleased with the majority of this story, especially Kitty's. I liked how when the story is the focus of the secondary character's we weren't peppered with details about Elizabeth and Darcy. I think Meg Kerr did an excellent job of turning them into secondary characters.

I did find that the story dragged a bit, especially concerning Mary's storyline, but I did enjoy her characterization, as well as the characterization of other characters that we only had a glimpse at in the original wo
Nicole Marie
The only reason I gave this book two stars is because I was not appalled enough to set it aside unfinished. But I was close and found it extremely lacking. The word that keeps emerging in my mind to describe this continuation is dry. I was very annoyed with the author having the wives referring to their husbands by their last names, very impersonal and not fitting with the time period.
Christy
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!! The book pulled me in right away to the life of Elizabeth and Darcy and the whole Bennet family. I absolutely recommend it to everyone who loves Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice!!
Christy
Kim
Picking up during the last chapter of Pride and Prejudice, we follow Darcy and Lizzie back to Pemberley for the beginning of the rest of their lives together. Shortly after their arrival, the holidays come, and with them brings the visit of Col. Fitzwilliam to Pemberley. We find out that Fitzwilliam is madly in love with Lizzy and decides to express himself to her fully, not concealing his previous wish to ask Elizabeth to marry him. After discussing the issue with Elizabeth and then Darcy, it i ...more
Katherine
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it
My favorite quote in this book is something Mary Bennett said: "There is no more lovely friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage and that that marriage halves our griefs and doubles our joy." This is the sense of the novel that Darcy and Elizabeth are enjoying a marriage of contentment and bliss that is implied but not elaborated on.
Interesting sequel to P&P as it goes into depth of what happens to each of our sub-characters from P&P such as Caroline, Lydia,
Tara Lee
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just finished reading Experience by Meg Kerr and I have to say, I was blown away. Meg is a modern author writing effortlessly in the style of Jane Austen. I absolutely loved it. I got to spend time with some of my favorite characters again in a totally new way. I may have actually enjoyed this more than the original... it is a strong possibility.

Where Pride & Prejudice was mainly focused on Elizabeth Bennett, Experience gave you a little bit of EVERYONE. Some of the characters that served as
Kate
Apr 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Warning. Don't read the prologue. It pretty much told you everything that would happen in the book. As a result, I found the book highly repetitive. I enjoyed the story that she created, but I think too much time was spent tying in politics and current events. And the letter writing got a little old. I mean, when you have Lizzie say "I must write my sister and explain every aspect of our trip" instead of just incorporating it into the story, it breaks up the flow of the book. It was almost as if ...more
Gregandemy
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
2 stars- it was really just OK for me..
I'm drawn to, but also leery, of books based on Austen. A few (A Jane Austen Education and the Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy) have been really good and enjoyable, but most are disappointing (Jane Austen in Scarsdale, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies..) Experience, unfortunately, falls under the latter category for me. If you are going to write a novel based on Austen, then you set yourself and your book up to comparison with Austen and her works. This book fa
Fanny
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
I entered to win this book in a giveaway and was psyched when I won. Well, my excitement quickly faded. I just found the prose and premise of the book extremely dull. Perhaps its just not my cup of tea. I suggest you peruse the book and read a few pages to see if it captures your interest before buying it.
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2011
I was told not to read the prologue. I did. Opps. Reading the prologue was pretty much reading the entire book. I felt that the story kept repeating itself which was extremely annoying and I could not wait the story to end.
Alana
Mar 20, 2011 marked it as to-read
This is EXACTLY the kind of book I was hoping for after I read Pride and Prejudice a few months ago! I soooooo hope I win this giveaway! (Though either way I'm going to read it...)
Kristine Champlin

• Fallen Woman: A Pride and Prejudice Vagary
  • An Accident at Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • A Short Period of Exquisite Felicity
  • To Conquer Pride: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • An Unexpected Turn Of Events (Longbourn Unexpected Book 3)

A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (2 books)
  • Devotion