Start by marking “No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)

No Turning Back (Suspense #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  1,162 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
CIA communications expert Samarra Wallace is on the run from a faceless enemy when she learns terrorists have kidnapped and threatened to execute her cousin. She will do whatever it takes to free her, including breaking cover to contact the former teammate she is dangerously attracted to. Now all she has to do is convince him she's not working for the bad guys. Ex-Army Ran ...more
Nook
Published June 14th 2010 by The Wild Rose Press (first published March 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about No Turning Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Turning Back

Baba
Re-read December 2012****Review completed December 30, 2012

Photobucket

I'll be honest, even though I love to read a series out of order, I'm sure this book works best if you have read Cover of Darkness first, since No Turning Back picks right up where Cover of Darkness left off. My synopsis is rather simple which leads me to tell you that there is definitely more to it than meets the eye. All the more, as I don't intend to spoil your reading experience.

Samarra Wallace and Ben Sinclair are our main protago
Jane Stewart
1 stars. Too many stupid actions by heroine and others. Too many illogical events. Too much pondering.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
Too much telling after the fact instead of showing things as they are happening. This felt like going through the motions of romantic suspense – predictable things, done-before things. I was not pulled in. I had no feelings for anyone. I didn’t care about what was happening. I just wanted it to be over. I read the first three books in this series wanting to give the author a
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
OMG!!! 7 stars Yes SEVEN STARS!!!!!!!!

I need chocolate and a darkened room after reading all that.

Thrilling!!!!

Exciting!!!!!

Oh and

Thrilling again!!!!!!!

I have no words to express how much I loved this book!
Kathy
I'm so unsure how to rate this book. Just like the previous book in the series, I enjoyed it a lot and couldn't put it down, but at the same time I was annoyed by all the stupid combat situations the heroine, Sam was forced to face. None of them made sense to me and they just seemed like they were contrived to put the untrained in any form of combat, Sam in danger so that hero, Ben could rescue her (after he put her in danger in the first place). There is a great grovel scene at the end that I l ...more
Glamdring
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really liked this book.

The story starts at the end of the previous book, so we have a little overlap from Sam point of view and in this book the story mostly takes place in Afghanistan.

Once again, the author knows how to give life to the different places she chooses to install her story and I really love how she develops her different character but here again there was a point or two in the plot that didn't made much sens for me.
Lady Heather
Amazing read!
Ms. Cross has an exceptional gift of describing the environment & setting (this story takes place in Afghanistan, Iran and parts of Syria) in which the story takes place.
The writing, characters,and storyline where 'top-notch', and the Author captured my interest right from the beginning straight through to the end.
I'm starting the next story in the series....NOW!
Mojca
After receiving surveillance photos of herself, Samarra Wallace grabs her tech, and disappears into the streets of Baghdad, no knowing who to trust. But when she receives a photo of her cousin, bound and surrounded by terrorists, Sam knows she needs to contact someone, unfortunately it's the man she turns to who doesn't know whether to trust her or not.

This is officially getting ridiculous. This series now exists only for the series sake. The main suspense arc could (and should) have ended in th
Mareli
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book very much, even if I wanted to pick Ben and bit his head very hard. He was horrible to Samarra since the very start of the story. And I thing all of them were very unfair to her. All those horrible suspicions about her and in the end, she found herself alone.

When Ben came back to her, for a little while, I hoped she didn't take him back... or at least, she would made him suffer as he did for most of the story!
Mandi Schreiner
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rom-suspense
I think the blurb does a nice job setting up this story. No Turning Back is a very intense, action-packed military romantic suspense that is really well done. Heavy on the suspense, Kaylea Cross doesn’t hold back on the violence and gives us a really gritty book. Sam is only a communication technician, not any kind of Special Op soldier. So at the beginning when she is running for her life, having no idea who to trust, it comes across as very real. Due to some coincidences, her team doesn’t know ...more
Nikki
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Military/RS fans.
4 stars.

I had originally rated No Turning Back 4.5 stars but have since knocked it down to 4. I had a few frustrations with some situations (just as I knew I would), but ultimately it was another brilliant RS from Kaylea.

Poor Sam just couldn't catch a break. I think she was probably one of the most unlucky people I've ever read about. She was being set up in a major way and when you're in the middle of a freaking warzone, that can lead to all sorts of suspicions arising. Her team (including the
Cathy M.
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2013
The suspense elements were OUTSTANDING. The last 30% alone had me on the edge of my seat, I COULD NOT put it down!
The Romance Reviews (Carole)
It just keeps getting better. NO TURNING BACK, the third book in Kaylea Cross’s romantic suspense series has even more suspense, action and emotion packed in. Again, I was hooked from the very beginning of the book. Ms Cross writes a captivating story of intrigue with characters that the reader feels an instant connection to. Her books are well crafted, thoughtful and truly the best romantic military suspense series available. Her flair for imagery is also well documented in this book as her sce ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted at
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

RECOMMENDED READ

Samarra Wallace’s organized life has taken a turn for the deadly when she is contacted by a terrorist organization who has set her up for the attempted deaths of her teammates. The bargaining chip they are using is her cousin, Neveah, a surgeon who has been admitted into the country with a group of doctors donating their time. The group of doctors have been taken hostage and are about to be killed one by one. Neveah is the closes
Mrs. Badass
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really, really good. Kaylea Cross is a fantastic Romantic Suspense author. This book was conflict personified. It was intense. From page one, until the epilogue it had me on the edge of my seat, gripping my kindle tight.

Book two COVER OF DARKNESS should be read before this one. Book one would be helpful for getting some back story on Luke, but it's not necessary to the story ARC.

Was it a perfect novel? No. Are there really any perfect novels? Nah.

It is gripping, intense, emotion
 ~V~
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**4 1/2 stars**

Loved this one!! For me, No Turning Back had the most action, suspense, romance and emotional moments so far in this series. Really liked Ben and Sam a lot...their romance was very sweet but heart wrenching at times because of his issues with trusting her. This book also had an epilogue (the 1st two did not)...i LOVE epilogues!! It was very cute and very funny..again..love Ben!

The last 25% of this book was very intense...so much stuff went down and some of it involved Rhys, Ben's
Anne OK
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Great suspense in this military series and I'm loving each book I read more and more. Kaylea Cross does an exceptional job keeping you on the edge of your seat with believable characters you really grow to love, dialogue that puts you in the conversation as if you were chatting along with the group, and very good romantic scenes.
Katie Reus
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's so hard to find (romantic) military suspense that I enjoy but Kaylea Cross definitely delivered with this one. It's very fast-paced and there were a few times when I wanted to throttle Ben b/c of his lack of trust but he came through at the end :)
AliciaJ
I'm not rating it since I DNF'd it. The heroine was just too freaking annoying for me to continue on. I was starting to get super pissed off, which is never a sign that you're enjoying a book, especially one that's supposed to be for fun. Life is too short, so I moved on to something else.
MountainKat
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
*4.5 Stars*

I really enjoyed this book! It had a wonderful level of tension of the real and sexual kind. The hero did something stupid, so there was a lovely grovel scene. And I loved the epilogue!
Jess
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably more like 4.5/5 - the series gets stronger with each book and I love how we have basically the same set of characters moving through each story with the next couple being set up for their turn. I'm already so excited to get to Luke and Emily's book, but Nev and Rhys next :)
Yvonne
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is fantastic!
Great for fans who want steamy romance with their military action adventure!

Sherron
May 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military
If you like Suzanne Brockmann or Marliss Melton, you need to try Kaylea Cross. Can't wait for her the next one. She has a fan with me.
Teresa
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah-mazing!! From start to finish I just couldn't get enough of these characters and their story. Such a good balance between suspense and romance. Wonderful main and supporting characters. All up a total winner for me!
Highly recommended!!
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com (7 out of 10 on the blog)

This isn't a sweet or even an easy reading romance. Set in Afghanistan, Kaylea Cross addresses some of the harsher realities of the Iraq war. With the treatment of hostages, torture and barbaric deaths included, to the plight of the people living there and the everyday struggle for survival amidst poverty, terrorist rule and brutality. So this may not appeal to some romance readers, but fans of military romances and stories with a bit m
Claudia
No Turning Back picks up where Cover of Darkness left off.

Sam is a communications expert for the CIA with an Electrical Engineering and Computer Science degree from MIT. A ture geek.

Ben is a former Army Ranger and was the head of Bryn's father security detail and later Bryn's. He joined Luke's team to be able to protect Bryn and he stayed afterward to help bring Tehrazzi down.

Trough the insight offered by Tehrazzi and his actions, i discovered that Luke was the trainer and mentor of the teenage
Tyra Berger
Mar 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Sam works for the CIA as a communications expert and Ben is an ex-army ranger/body guard working on the same team. Sam believes she is being followed by either a terrorist cell or the CIA, panicking she flees and sets off a series of events that lead people on her team to believe she is a traitor.

When the one person Sam cares about the most, her cousin, is kidnapped by a terrorist group she has no choice but to return to her team and prove her innocence to help save her cousin's life. She is in
Amy R
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying Kaylea Cross’ writing! This is the second book I have read of hers and with the suspense in these books I find it either hard to put down or I am pulled into it so much that I want to put it down for fear of what is going to happen next. In this story, Ben and Samarra are working together to release her cousin Nev who has been taken hostage by a Tehrazzi, a terrorist who is after Sam’s boss Luke. Tehrazzi uses Sam to get to Luke. During the op, Sam and Ben find they have str ...more
Hope Frost
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the SEAL series, and it is my favorite thus far. An action packed book, from beginning to the end. There were some parts of this book that were very hard for me to read, one in particular was very gruesome and brought tears to my eyes. While, the scene was very hard to fathom, it was also hard to not keep going. I felt like I was in the room with them as they watched the video as it was happening. I loved how the characters (for the most part) have been involved in each b ...more
~Megan~
Oh gosh, I love Kaylea Cross! This book continued on straight after the last one, and it was non-stop intensity from start to finish. Sam was such a sweet and endearing heroine...really just the type of heroine I love, with a good balance of sweet and sassy and strength. Ben was a dangerous dude with a streak of mischief, and I totally fell for him just as quickly as Sam did.

I was gutted several times in the book by Sam's reactions to things that happened to her...the first being her encounter w
Patricia
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kaylea has mastered the craft of writing military ops and if this is your genre of books to read, she will become tops on your list of authors you can trust to deliver one heck of an action/suspense/romantic story that will have you wanting the next book in line waiting to dive into just as soon as you finish the current book in the series. Kaylea knows how to deliver sensual and charismatic strong characters where they interact amongst each other, where they just feel so lifelike, jumping off t ...more
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • The Protector (Taskforce, #1)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
2902054
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former nation ...more
More about Kaylea Cross...

Suspense (5 books)
  • Out Of Her League (Suspense Series, #1)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
“Sam…”
“What?” she whispered.
“Tell me what to do to fix it.”
She shook her head and closed her eyes as though she couldn’t bear to see him. “You can’t fix it.”
He had to. Failure here was not an option. “Let me try.”
22 likes
“He’d done it like he did everything else—with passion and total disregard for how much it might embarrass her.” 16 likes