Start by marking “Princess For Hire” as Want to Read:
Princess For Hire

Princess For Hire

**This ebook is out of print and unavailable at this time.**

After winning his kingdom in a legendary poker game twenty years ago, Princess Mina’s father loses the kingdom just as easily. Now alone and penniless, Mina must rely on her sword to support them both.

When the princess-turned-mercenary is offered a contract to save a prince that will pay enough to keep her father
Published March 2011 by MuseItUp Publishing (first published February 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Princess For Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess For Hire

Lindsay Pittman
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
For what it is, Princess for Hire was mediocre. It's a short story priced too high, in my opinion. It barely took me ten minutes to finish. Insofar as the story went, it was a bit rushed. There wasn't a lot of substance to the book or the characters. I bought it hoping for the humor-filled story (there was some humor) the blurb seemed to promise. Instead, I wound up with a story which can at best be called cute.
Paul McAlduff
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If your sick of stories where a beautiful princess get rescued by a handsome prince and then lives happily ever after, this is the story for you. In this story, it's the princess who is doing the recuing and the prince has absolutely no interest in being rescued or in the princess.

Jamie Grey's take on princess fairy tales is both original and entertaining. I look forward to reading more by her.
Sophia
Mar 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I've been without a butt-kicking fantasy heroine while I'm waiting for more of Cashore and Maria V. Snyder's books to come out and Jamie's story slipped right into this slot.

I generally hate short stories but this one was riveting and satisfying. It was self-contained and the characters were immediately likeable.

I was also surprised with how funny it was! I love when fantasy makes me laugh and I literally exclaimed out loud as I read this.
Brandy
Dec 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
I thought this book was going to be way better! It ended in what I thought was on weird start from the first chapter to the rest of the book, yet, there was no more book. That was the end. Don't waste your time.
Dee
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was super-fun to read. Great detail and several nice twists that make it more engaging than your average princess romance type story. Glad I bought it!
Lisa Blackwood
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story made me smile and laugh. By the end I wanted to read more. (I hope the author writes more in this series. Hint. Hint.)
Yuuki Shimizu
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was indeed an interesting book. It was very, um, mixed around. The Princess saving the Prince? Rather than the Prince saving the Princess. It was a bad-A, fantasy book. I loved it entirely.
MR Taylor
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute short story. I love a princess who does the saving.
Allie
Syafiqah
Elizabeth
Dec 20, 2011
Mariadee
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2014
Dec 26, 2013
Bonypearl
Nov 20, 2013
Jamie
Mar 02, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nafiza
Catherine
Megan
Serenity
Dec 13, 2011
***Sign up for Jamie's newsletter for updates on her new releases.***

As a tech-obsessed gamer geek, Jamie Grey writes sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary romances about smart women and the men who fall in love with them. Her stories weave together strong heroines, exciting plots, and heart-pounding romance. There may also be a few explosions thrown in for good measure.

She was born and raised in Mich