Start by marking “Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #8)” as Want to Read:
Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #8)

Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle #8)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Published March 2011 by Monkeybicycle

To ask other readers questions about Monkeybicycle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monkeybicycle

Joe Sullivan
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
God, where to begin with Monkeybicycle 8?

In not one, but two stories in the issue, narrators lose a finger. But for very different reasons. In Aaron Burch’s “Sacrifice” the main character removes his own finger seemingly as a way of mourning his brother’s death. But in Matt Briggs’ “Hunger,” the narrator loses his finger to a girlfriend who nibbles bits of it away little by little.

What this says about the issue as a whole is profound. No journal editor ever thinks it possible to include more tha
Brandon Tietz
May 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
My first "Monkeybicycle" read, and it was pretty disappointing to say the least.

With the exception of three or four good/brilliant stories, this thing suffers from three main problems.

-There's no flow to it. One minute it's poetry. One minute it's prose. And the genre and style is always changing. Don't get me wrong...I love to mix it up, but this thing reads like a big mess when done in long sittings. Think of it like a mix CD where Sir Mix-a-Lot follows Interpol follows Willie Nelson follows S
Sara Habein
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
So, yes, Monkeybicycle is a silly name that gets your attention, but they offer plenty of substance, at least from what I've seen in Volume 8. There are hundreds of literary journals out there, more than one could probably every read, but I'm glad I found this one.

I think my favorite pieces from the book are Scott Geiger's "Inventory," and Curtis Smith's "Lenin!" Both are a bit strange and lonely, and neither make it clear from the outset how the story might turn out.

Other highlights from the co
Jesus Garcia
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I heard Aaron Burch did a dirty thing with my story in this issue of Monkeybicycle. Big Daddy Dogzplot Barry Graham's got the video.
Curtis
Apr 25, 2011
Monkeybicycle
Mar 01, 2011

Monkeybicycle (8 books)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #3)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #4)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #5)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #6)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #7)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #8)
  • Monkeybicycle (Monkeybicycle, #9)