Start by marking “Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)” as Want to Read:
Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)

Silence

(Hush, Hush #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  240,183 ratings  ·  8,056 reviews
Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in t
Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Silence, please sign up.
YOA well...on 8/27/18 I saw that they said they are going to make one that stars Wolfgang Novogratz (Patch) and Liana Liberato (Nora) *squeals*
Laluna Unfortunately the ending is another cliff hanger, it's not the last book
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,155 books — 7,134 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDead Reckoning by Charlaine HarrisSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Can't Wait Books For 2011
1,217 books — 6,830 voters

More lists with this book...

·  240,183 ratings  ·  8,056 reviews

Start your review of Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
Taylor
Nov 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: If you love Patch and the Hush Hush series
I HAVE ONLY THREE THINGS TO SAY:

ONE: THIS BOOK WAS SO-SO-SO FREAKIN' EPIC AND UNPUTDOWNABLE!!!!

TWO: PATCH JEV CIPRIANO WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

THREE: I CANNOT WAIT ANOTHER FREAKIN' YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!!

And if you haven't read Silence yet... READ IT NOW!
Nina ♥
Sep 13, 2010 marked it as on-hold
Kinda on hold right now. I just got tired of Nora trying to remember things that I already know.
Franci
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Hush, Hush made me fall hard. Crescendo has taken my breath away and I cannot wait till Tempest. Becca Fitzpatrick is a true story teller, and I don’t want her to ever end Nora and Patches adventures.
Haleema
This book sucked and I need to write better reviews.
jessica
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
yaaasss. finally! this story is giving me plot. patch and nora are giving me communication. and this book is giving me life.

this series has been a guilty pleasure for me, so i dont feel the need to write a major in-depth review. but just know things are finally progressing in a way that is worthy of this story and my high expectations are finally being met. this book has restored my hope for the direction this series is heading and i couldnt be happier.

definitely the best installment of the se
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars.
There are basically no spoilers here, just some mentions and explanations of what I felt about the characters in the book, so I don't count this review as a review that contains spoilers, but I'll just let you decide whether or not to read it.

This book is the best in the series, at least so far. At the beginning of the book, I was skeptical. Nora lost her memory, and as a result she forgot Patch and everything she went through in the first and second book. I thought this book would be
~Poppy~
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.

“If I lose you, I lose everything.”

Oh my god!! I loved it!! Nora wasn't so annoying (amnesia did something good :P)
And I will tell again and again and again I LOVE PATCH!!!!!!

(view spoiler)
Natalie Monroe
Silence can be summed up in one meme:

Bad Decision #1

Upon waking up in a graveyard with no memory of how she got there or what had transpired, Nora kicks the shin of the first person who tries to help her and blunders away, possibly increasing the chances of running into her captors.

Now normally, this a very sound reaction and fits in with Stranger Danger, but this is Nora we're talking about. She'd suspect the toaster of doing her in if it burned her toast.

Bad Decision #36

After coming home from
RotatingCheese
Oct 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: brain-drains
Ahmad Sharabiani
Silence (Hush, Hush #3), Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence is the third book in the Hush, Hush saga, published: October 4, 2011.

The book starts with Hank making a deal with Patch: if Hank returns Nora by the end of summer, Patch will relinquish his wings.

Five months later, Nora wakes up within a graveyard to discover that her mother is now dating Hank Millar. She has no memory of Patch but has moments of deja vu when she hears his name. With the assistance of Scott and a boy named Jev, Nora begins rese
Cory
Dec 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
The summary for this book is ridiculous. How can she get more drawn to Patch? This is like a bad teen soap opera.
Sophia Triad
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you.
If that isn't love, it's the best I have.”

The book in which Nora is tortured, forgets the most significant months of her life and more importantly she forgets Patch. And then she bounces back and she fights.
Because how can she forget Patch for long?

They will meet in dreams.
He will save her.
She will chase him.
She will remember his eyes.
He cannot hide.
He will tell her the truth.

Black night, black fog. Black grass, black gravest
Adele
Sep 23, 2010 marked it as to-read
And to think i was excited for the second book.

A third book? Yay?

I <3 Patch.

Cannot wait, Fall 2011 is just too far away.
Patricia
Jana Gabrielle
What the WTF?! I have to wait til October?!!!
I.HAVE.TO.READ.IT.NOW!!!
kari
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, ya
exploraDora
***3 stars***

While Silence wasn't amazing, I'm glad I can say that this book was a huge improvement over the previous two. It is the first one in the Hush Hush series that I didn't hate 😂 or better said, the first one in which I didn't totally hate the main character, Nora.

The story begins when Nora just woke up in a graveyard, with no recollection of why or how she got there. She has to re-learn everything she found out in the first two books, because she was abducted and someone erased the pas
NAT.orious reads ☾
2.5 STARS ★★✬✩✩
This book is for you if… you totally dug the first two books. Personally, I do not recommend this series. What was teenager me thinking?

Overall.
I brought good news, my friends. I didn't hate Nora entirely this time, kinda have a platonic crush in both Patch AND Scott and I'm actually looking forward to the last instalment of this series ALTHOUGH I was actually bored the first 60% of this book. How many more rules are going to be thrown out the windows during this pandem
Judith
Nov 13, 2010 marked it as to-read
i can't wait for this book i loooooved hush hush, i sooo fell in love with patch, read crescendo but i have to say i was a little disappointed with nora, she gets pushed around way to much and she just takes it, i read crecendo and finished it within 2 days and i love the way B. Fitzpatrick always make you think that you know exactly what gonna happen and then she turns the book upside down, its great!

im looking farward to this book but also looking farward to nora growing some balls and sticki
Lindsay
Nov 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

OH MY GOD! This was amazing!

After reading Crescendo and being left with the world's worst cliffhanger, I dreaded having to wait a year for the final book of the series. But as Friday came along and I FINALLY snagged my copy, a few interesting things happened.

1) I learned that there was going to be a FOURTH BOOK! IT CONTINUES! MORE PATCH! XDDD

2) I finally read the synopsis. For a whole year I did not even click on the page of Silence. No idea why.

3) My eternal love for Patch grew tenfold. Nuf
John Egbert
“Fine! I'll throw on some clothes. Turn around. I'm in my pj's"

"I'm a guy. That's like asking a kid not to glance at the candy counter.”

(Nora and Patch quote.)

Oh, yeah, because, hell, why expect guys not to peep at you while you're changing? That's just ridiculous. They're like children, you see. And you're like candy for him. They can't help themselves, don't be stupid. THEY R MENZZ. DUHHHH.

I'm officially offended on behalf of males everywhere.

No way am I reading this shit. Not even for the
Lexi // libraryoflexi
I. NEED. TO. WAIT. UNTIL. FREAKING. OCTOBER?!?!?!!?!

Not fair at all!
That's like a whole freaking year!

I NEED THIS BOOK NOOOOOOOOOOWW!
♔ Leah.
Ahhhh, don't you just love it when your half-angel/sexual predator/douchebag as well as your part time boyfriend takes you in your arms and is about to throw you into a tempestuous ocean during a storm while he wears fake wings like gender-bended Tinkerbell while your hair fans out as if you are in a Pantene advert? Oh the memories still make me weak at the knees(!) :')
Jessica Avery
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely a page turner. did not want to put it down
Georgina
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
✨3.5 stars✨
I absolutely devoured this book, and I loved every second of it. I read it in a day and was so ridiculously captivated, it’s such addictive story telling and so even though I recognise that some aspects aren’t all that amazing, the reading experience on a whole was just so fun and enjoyable that I can’t help but love it. So why the 3.5 star rating? The reason, ladies and gents, is the amnesia plot point. I get that it was an important part of the story but it was endlessly frustrating
Misrabelle
If they don't find a way to make gorgeous Nephilim babies in the last book, I'll cry.
Mel (who is deeply in love with herself)
“You're mine, Angel. And I'm yours. Nothing can change that.”
― Becca Fitzpatrick, Silence

NOTE: I understand how hard it is to read criticisms of your work; something you've put your heart and soul into to write, and then publish. And I understand why you, Becca Fitzpatrick, did that whole "be nice" thing. In a way, it makes sense to take the author's emotions into account. I bet that any author would be obsessively searching for critiques of their books day in and day out, and can imagine the b
Eva Victoria
OCTOBER!!! NOOO!!!! MY LITTLE HEART JUST BROKE 3
DAMMIT! THIS IS TORTURE! I NEED TO READ IT NOW!!
☼ ☄︎ Anneli✩ ☽
Silence
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ahh, the typical memory loss situation. I can’t say I’m fond of it, but whatever. I’m truly flying through this series, it’s definitely worth reading again.
Tahera
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nephilims
I just finished with this book and fingers crossed I will get my hands on the 4th and final book tomorrow to see how this all ends....it's been a fun ride so far!!
Does anyone LIKE scott? 267 518 May 02, 2020 05:55PM

• Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
  • A través de mi ventana (Hidalgos #1)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Mi desesperada decisión
  • Perfecto mentiroso
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • A través de ti (Hidalgos 2)
Becca Fitzpatrick grew up reading Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden with a flashlight under the covers. She graduated college with a degree in health, which she promptly abandoned for storytelling. When not writing, she's most likely prowling sale racks for reject shoes, running, or watching crime dramas on TV. She is the author of the bestselling HUSH, HUSH Saga. Her new book BLACK ICE arrives in book ...more

Hush, Hush (4 books)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)